British Speedway Forum

:angry::wink:

How'd I know you'd be mad at that comment :P You know we both politely agree to disagree with one another where Nermark's concerned. It's all good LOL B)

Aaron Summers??

I believe the inclusion of all 7 Monarchs was a gesture by the promotion to show their thanks for how well we have performed as a team. So yes............quite right to include Spud ;)

Oh and I believe I'm sponsoring Daniel this year :approve:

At last - A Scottish Open over a GP weekend!!!

Why does that please me?

For the last few years Rory has been devastated that this meeting has always been when Coventry are riding. Every year he says that he would have love to have come up there. Now he has his chance.

He really does feel pasionate about you Edinburgh lot - goodness knows why having met more of their fans recently!!!! :wink::lol:

And I suspect Billy janniro is on the TBC list as his two main mechanics will be with us in Prague!!! Oops - bad timing boys - you didnt see that one coming!!! :lol:

My dissapointment - I may have come up for this meself if I wasnt in Prague - I know I would have been able to fill the car easily! :(

Aaron Summers??

He's better around Armadale than any current Glasgow rider!

Better around Ashfield than many!

Correction. He has a hgher average around Ashfield (12.00) than Shane Parker (11.14) and THJ (11.00)!

Edited by jgl07

Perhaps, as well, maybe the Edinburgh promotion seen Grieves, Lyons and Stancl (strong Glasgow connections) as the lure for the Tiggers fans??

Gutted I'm in Prague, been looking forward to going to Edinburgh on a GP weekend and this was seemingly the perfect opportunity, but we fly to Prague on the Thursday :(

I believe the inclusion of all 7 Monarchs was a gesture by the promotion to show their thanks for how well we have performed as a team. So yes............quite right to include Spud

Oh and I believe I'm sponsoring Daniel this year

guess who i'm sponsoring? :wink:

guess who I'm sponsoring?

Captain Marvel? :unsure:

How much does it cost then? I'd consider sponsoring THJ if someone could help him with directions to the track. :P

Captain Marvel?

as if :rolleyes:

nah, i'm backing Aaron Summers :approve:

unless Kevin Doolan makes an unexpected, last minute appearance :unsure:

nah, i'm backing Aaron Summers

£50 for fuel and £20 for a trip to the barbers hopefully. :D

He's better around Armadale than any current Glasgow rider!

Better around Ashfield than many!

Correction. He has a hgher average around Ashfield (12.00) than Shane Parker (11.14) and THJ (11.00)!

I acknowledge that might be tongue in cheek , but the Monarch's arrogance is breathtaking . Granted your team has been outstanding this season , but surely it's only common courtesy to include one of your poor neighbours . I'm afraid the inclusion of a couple of ex-Tigers won't wash .

Still it's a good field ( well almost ) and i'm sure it will be a good meeting , but out of principle i won't be attending .

Didnt shane turn an invite down? After that who would you invite Paulco?

Didnt shane turn an invite down? After that who would you invite Paulco?

Shane obviously turned the invite down because it's too soon , he doesn't try out his fitness till a session at Coventry on August 4th .

I realise you dont rate Ksiezak or Leverington very highly , i'm sure they have sleepless nights over that fact . But that is not the point - surely it makes sense having a Glasgow rider in the field to have the attendance as healthy as possible .

I know we should know our place and should realise we have no business thinking we should be worthy of sharing a track with the awesome Monarchs , but common courtesy should at least let the plebs from the West a rider to cheer ( even if he is last ) .

I know we should know our place and should realise we have no business thinking we should be worthy of sharing a track with the awesome Monarchs , but common courtesy should at least let the plebs from the West a rider to cheer ( even if he is last ) .
OOOH er missus, who got out the wrong side of the bed ;)

Shane Parker was invited of course, as he always is, but regrettably had to decline for obvious reasons.

I think anyone getting oin their high horse about the failure to invite any other Glasgow riders, is just someone who is dead keen to get on their high horse at every opportunity.