British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Miller

Museum Website

Can anyone tell me why I am unable to access the Speedway Museum website? I have tried several time without any luck.

Sorry, can't help you there - server seems to be down.

Funnily enough, I went there for the first time this week. Surprisingly small but packed with fascinating stuff. Pete Sampson was there when I visited, too - happy to talk about old times, from what I could see. Thoroughly recommend a visit, along with a good day out to Paradise Park.

Edited by AndyM

A new web site is being constructed. At the moment there is no Museum web site. It is hoped the new one will be up and running by the end of July.

A new web site is being constructed. At the moment there is no Museum web site. It is hoped the new one will be up and running by the end of July.

Aaahh! That explains it. Thanks for your help.

Any ideas when the new site will be active ?.

It should have been done by now. I'll see if I can find out what's going on.

News on the website...

Firstly, the Museum committee wishes to apologise for the absence of the website for such a long time. It is hoped that a temporary site will be up within the next couple of weeks and then a permanent one before the end of October.

News on the website...

Firstly, the Museum committee wishes to apologise for the absence of the website for such a long time. It is hoped that a temporary site will be up within the next couple of weeks and then a permanent one before the end of October.

Any more news on this. I am unable to get to the Museum before Christmas and would like to possibly buy some merchandise for pressies and a website would be a good way of doing this.

Yes, sorry I haven't updated you on this, but I've only just learnt myself that apparently there is not going to be a temporary site now as it is hoped the proper web site itself will be up and running in December. I will see if I can get more of a definite date for you. I will also mention the fact that it would be good to have something up soon with a view to Christmas sales.

No, sorry.

I did tell them about Christmas sales and they said "What a good idea, we'll have to at least get a temporary site up"...but, as you can see, nothing!

What do you mean what happened to them? They are no longer involved with the Museum.

What do you mean what happened to them? They are no longer involved with the Museum.

Bit of a "curt" reply that norbold! The public are bound to wonder why two people who worked so hard for the museum, suddenly have nothing to do with it anymore! Care to elaborate on it?

Why Norbold after all they did to fund raise they just walked away?