British Speedway Forum

The line-up's not likely to affect the quality of the meeting. It'll be a good one, I'm sure.

Just a bit worried though that Birmingham only holds, what...1,800 people ? And with the air-fence up, only 800 of them will see anything more than just passing helmets !

I'll be getting there early and climbing on the roof of the stand, just to be sure :P

Couldn't care less who wins, I just want entertaining B)

1.Crump

2.Holder

3.Adams

4.Andersen...Should be a very interesting meeting, the Brum track has produced some awesome racing at PL level and Brum are not afraid to put some dirt down either.

Ino it's a bit early yet, but come'on Fredrik Lindgren and Niels K Iversen ;)

Don't let the Wolves down

Best of luck, i'll be there hopefully to cheer you on

WOLVES FOREVER ;)

The line-up's not likely to affect the quality of the meeting. It'll be a good one, I'm sure.

Just a bit worried though that Birmingham only holds, what...1,800 people ? And with the air-fence up, only 800 of them will see anything more than just passing helmets !

I'll be getting there early and climbing on the roof of the stand, just to be sure :P

Couldn't care less who wins, I just want entertaining B)

I have just phoned the ticket hotline to discover all tickets for this event have been sold. However I don't know if it is just their allocation meaning there may be tickets for sale at the turnstyles.

Are you sure about the capacity. I remember reading about the turn-out for their very first meeting in 2007 'Alan Hunt Memorial Trophy' It mentioned a bumper crowd of 6000+.

The ticket news is a bit concerning...

As for 6000+

I have no way of knowing what the max is, maybe a Birmingham fan knows...but I was there for that meeting and have been a few times since, and my conservative guestimate stands at 1800.

If and its a big IF, you were to get 6000 in there, that would mean that about 5000 of them won't see a bloody thing !

Perhaps they're putting temp' stands in ? They're not expensive, and could generate decent profit at £3 a place

I cant believe it only holds 1800 thats a very small stadium, I also remember 6000 for the alan hunt meeting but ive never been so not sure.

Bit worried about the tickets but cant believe they have sold out. Can anyone clarify this?

I'll be very pleased if my guess is rubbish, believe me ! :)

me to Steve looking forward to this meeting, if its 1800 then will struggle to get in, also it would be a joke to hold the ELRC at a 1800 cap stadium.

me to Steve looking forward to this meeting, if its 1800 then will struggle to get in, also it would be a joke to hold the ELRC at a 1800 cap stadium.

Not sure of the capacity at PB but it is certainly more than 1800, the air fence being put in will probably mean another temp stand being erected if planning permission is granted.

I would imagine PB holds upto 5000 but I am sure that someone can confirm this.

What I can say is the racing strip should provide some exciting races, it is an excellent and fair Racing strip.

Edited by Moorski

Not sure of the capacity at PB but it is certainly more than 1800, the air fence being put in will probably mean another temp stand being erected if planning permission is granted.

I would imagine PB holds upto 5000 but I am sure that someone can confirm this.

What I can say is the racing strip should provide some exciting races, it is an excellent and fair Racing strip.

If the temporary stand is granted then I will be coming along - if not I will be asking for a refund on my ticket that I still havent used since kings Lynn.

I am less than 5 foot so I have no chance of seeing anything at this meeting having been before and knowing the problems.

Very sad really as I think its really good for Birminham and also close to home :lol:

Can anyone shed any light on if this is being discussed please

Edited by Sandie

If the temporary stand is granted then I will be coming along - if not I will be asking for a refund on my ticket that I still havent used since kings Lynn.

I am less than 5 foot so I have no chance of seeing anything at this meeting having been before and knowing the problems.

Very sad really as I think its really good for Birminham and also close to home :lol:

Can anyone shed any light on if this is being discussed please

We can sit in the Grandstand though can't we? We were planning to sit in the lower tier, as we will have two elderly people in our party who can't stand for too long. Can someone please tell me if this is right?

Looking forward to my first visit to Perry Barr.

Easy way to solve the problems,move it to Brandon. :lol:

Brandon would have been an ideal choice but I think the idea is that no-one would have home track advantage.

I cant believe it only holds 1800 thats a very small stadium, I also remember 6000 for the alan hunt meeting but ive never been so not sure.

Bit worried about the tickets but cant believe they have sold out. Can anyone clarify this?

To try and settle this I have emailed the stadium office today asking that they confirm that there will be tickets available on the day and an idea of spectator capacity. I'll post details when I get a reply.

To try and settle this I have emailed the stadium office today asking that they confirm that there will be tickets available on the day and an idea of spectator capacity. I'll post details when I get a reply.

I was told yesterday 'tocha' that the tickets were sold out by some guy who did not seem to know what he was on about, tried again today and booked them, albeit with a different person on the helpline.

The Company selling them is called; see tickets

Hope that is of help, I understand that a limited amount of tickets will be kept back for the night.

The meeting does not need to be moved from Birmingham for any reason.