Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Freddie rode for Wolves there, at the end of last season. Scored the same as Sitera !

Don't remember Bjerre riding...

Didn't Bjerre 'guest' for Birmingham in the meeting against Wolves? Or was that just the Wolves leg?

Sorry, I meant to reply before and forgot...

There's no outdoor seating at Perry Barr.

Seating area is the bar. Nice bar mind, and a very good view. If you can stand being behind glass then it will be fine, but get there early !

Thanks Steve. That will be fine. two elderly people in our party who can't stand for too long.

To try and settle this I have emailed the stadium office today asking that they confirm that there will be tickets available on the day and an idea of spectator capacity. I'll post details when I get a reply.

Had a reply now confirming tickets will be on sale at turnstiles and plenty of spectator capacity.

You can sit by the dog track. Either bring a chair or pull one out from the bar, that's allowed.

Great view.

We should get some good racing as there is normally plenty of passing.

You can sit by the dog track. Either bring a chair or pull one out from the bar, that's allowed.

Great view.

Could you elaborate on that please ? Mainly the 'sit by the dog track' bit :P

And you DO realise there'll be an airfence up don't you ?

I'm looking forward to the meeting, and to seeing how many people can squeeze in and still get to watch ! I'm convinced a lot of people will be complaining during and afterwards...but not if they're adding extra facilities of course.

Having been told that there were allegedly 6,000+ on the night of my first visit there (which is way beyond the limits of my imagination !)...I'm intrigued now as to what the announced gate will be for this one.

I'd imagine they'll get around 3,000 in, assuming they switch things around from their normal race night setup. As things stand, you can't watch from bends 3 and 4, nor the back straight, and only a tiny part of bend 2.

Didn't Bjerre 'guest' for Birmingham in the meeting against Wolves? Or was that just the Wolves leg?

It was the Wolves Leg.

I really dont know what to do now.

Can anyone say YES or NO to the question that additional seating is being set up please.

I have no intention of going if Im going to waste my money and be frustrated all evening.

Just got to find the thread that had the address to get my rain off (Kings Lynn) ticket refunded if I decide its not worth it.

Which is a shame as I really wanted to see this meeting. :(

Edited by Sandie

I'm compiling a list....................... :wink:

To quote the Courteeners "There's not enough paper in the world..."

Have booked the afternoon off for this one.

I plan on arriving in Birmingham around 16.30 - 17.00, so will I be able to park at the stadium, or will I need to park at the One Stop Shopping Centre ?

Have booked the afternoon off for this one.

I plan on arriving in Birmingham around 16.30 - 17.00, so will I be able to park at the stadium, or will I need to park at the One Stop Shopping Centre ?

It's best to park at the One Stop. When I was at Birmingham last season, it cost £2.50 to park your car, and apparently the One Stop is free. I arrived when they were on parade, so had to park in the stadium car park. If you've got some time, which it seems you will, park in the One Stop.

It's best to park at the One Stop. When I was at Birmingham last season, it cost £2.50 to park your car, and apparently the One Stop is free. I arrived when they were on parade, so had to park in the stadium car park. If you've got some time, which it seems you will, park in the One Stop.

Thanks MO8

Forgive me if I'm repeating anything, but first-timers (particularly) may find this useful.

B'ham have also announced further parking will be available. Details here.

p.s. Not really my place to say this, but I will. It's very important to the Brummies that the neighboughs are kept happy, so please don't park in the streets around the stadium. The One Stop has plenty of free parking, and is only a few minutes walk across the road from the stadium.

Edited by 21st century heathen

I really dont know what to do now.

Can anyone say YES or NO to the question that additional seating is being set up please.

I have no intention of going if Im going to waste my money and be frustrated all evening.

Blimey.

Not only do you want meetings moved to suit you you also now want stadiums to install seating especially for you to rest your arris.

Who do you think you are?!

Forgive me if I'm repeating anything, but first-timers (particularly) may find this useful.

B'ham have also announced further parking will be available. Details here.

p.s. Not really my place to say this, but I will. It's very important to the Brummies that the neighboughs are kept happy, so please don't park in the streets around the stadium. The One Stop has plenty of free parking, and is only a few minutes walk across the road from the stadium.

Top post 21CH.

Good to see the club working with the Uni too, a good sign that, hopefully.