British Speedway Forum

Considering going down for this meeting, not sure yet though, depends whether its going to be a nice night, cant be botherd making the trip if I am going to be standing getting wet lol.

Whats the traffic like round the stadium area? What time would people recommend getting there etc...

Whats the traffic like round the stadium area? What time would people recommend getting there etc...

It's normally very free flowing and I've yet to have an issue.

Time wise I'll probably aim to be there for about 6ish just so I can get myself a prime viewing place!

If you've never been before allow 10 minutes to find the one stop shop car park, you may be able to see it but actually getting there in a car is difficult the first time and another 5 to get to the stadium. Queuing to get in at Brum is not a rarity but then it's often only a 5 minute wait at the most.

Sorry, I meant to reply before and forgot...

There's no outdoor seating at Perry Barr.

Seating area is the bar. Nice bar mind, and a very good view. If you can stand being behind glass then it will be fine, but get there early !

At league matches most of the tables at the front of the grandstand are reserved. Whether this will be the same for this meeting I do not know.

Edited by ShirleyBee

If you've never been before allow 10 minutes to find the one stop shop car park....

How come this one stop shop car park doesn't mind scores of speedway fans cars taking up their parking spaces? :blink: Normally at supermarkets, for example, there is a limit of two hours and I'm sure that's the job Joanne had a while ago; making sure no-one stayed for more than 2 hours on her little patch. :wink:

Drury is claiming none of the riders will have ridden Perry Barr before, pretty sure Bjerre and Lindgren have though.

Chris Holder has, twice, at least. He rode as a guest for Tai Woffinden when Rye House were the visitors early on last season. Scored a maximum as far as I can remember

How come this one stop shop car park doesn't mind scores of speedway fans cars taking up their parking spaces? :blink: Normally at supermarkets, for example, there is a limit of two hours and I'm sure that's the job Joanne had a while ago; making sure no-one stayed for more than 2 hours on her little patch. :wink:

Most of the shops are closed by the time speedway starts

At league matches most of the tables at the front of the grandstand are reserved. Wether this will be the same for this meeting I do not know.

When we booked tickets we asked to reserve four seats in the glass stand, but were told there are no reserved seats. Its first come, first served

If you've never been before allow 10 minutes to find the one stop shop car park, you may be able to see it but actually getting there in a car is difficult the first time...

At least! :rolleyes: Had been there once before (last year) but this season I came from a different direction and went around in circles through one-way streets and all, I sure felt that way. Finally I was so d**n angry but was able to find my way into the car park. No wonder I start to lose my hair at an early age. :D

You won't have any problems. Coming off the M6 to head to Perry Barr on the A34, you'll be going the same route, to go to the same car parks that Villa Park used for its FA Cup Semi Finals in years gone by. The odd car load of Man United and Arsenal fans never managed to defeat Perry Barr's infrastructure, so I doubt if the attendees for the ELRC will bring the place to its knees either.

The top tip will be the One Stop car park though. It has McDo-dah's, Burglar King and Kentucky Fried Squirrel there in case you feel peckish. Second choice for me would be the University car park, which I hope will be well signposted. Mind you, if zillions of Man United fans can find their way to the University Car Park, then it should be easy peasy for the infinately more intelligent speedway fan to find it.

Any more local familiarisation needed, here's the place as seen by Google Maps - http://www.brummiesfans.com/forum/cms_view...icle.php?aid=14

The University car park is that tree-lined bit in the bottom right hand corner of the initial image. The One Stop Car Park is just off screen from the bottom left (zoom out to see it)

Hope that this helps.

Are there definately tickets available on the day because theres been alot said about them already being sold out?

You can pay on the night and there will be tickets available.

Think it will be a big crowd but would be surprised if its a sell out.

At least! :rolleyes: Had been there once before (last year) but this season I came from a different direction and went around in circles through one-way streets and all, I sure felt that way. Finally I was so d**n angry but was able to find my way into the car park. No wonder I start to lose my hair at an early age. :D

Sure You was!:) Your words in the car that time was worst then ever........

When We going back this season it will be Lynn in the play-off.......not Brummies You hope Anders?;)

Cheers,,,,,

Well decision made - I managed to get to the Pairs today so I wont be going to Perry Barr on Wednesday

(Happy now Adder!)

Sure You was!:) Your words in the car that time was worst then ever........

When We going back this season it will be Lynn in the play-off.......not Brummies You hope Anders?;)

Out of a driving/traffic perspective, I would prefer King's Lynn, yes. :approve:

Would've actually been fun to watch the ELRC around Perry Barr though. Strong line-up as always, but I guess there will withdrawals as usual...anyone yet?