British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
witchnut

Promoters are their own worst problem?

Don't we all remember the build up to this last season, wondering how all the GP riders were going to get a ride in the EL, whether the likes of Mark Loram and Greg Hancock could actually race in the UK in the face of the "never to be bent" rules of 1 GP rider per team. Then shortly before the season began we heard of "a little flexibility" next thing you know a number of EL teams had two GP riders, and more than a little flexibility on the team total points, mid season we see Poole going very well, and how many GP riders would you say they are fielding? meanwhile rolling averages mean other teams haven't been able to strengthen. I'm obviously a little jaundiced as a Witches fan, but when I look at how many good riders live within a 20 mile radius of Foxhall we have so many young foreign riders being flown in at tremendous cost, with little commitment. Who set the rules under which all this happens?

Witchnut

The perils of an 'every man for himself' culture I'm afraid Witchnut.

Welcome aboard. Glad to see your first post was in 'The Way Ahead', shows you're a forward thinker(?).

Us mere mortals are making some progress. Phil's set us up with this section and we know that influential people are reading it. You'll find several references to a proper controlling body here amongst other tasty morsels.

Keep posting