British Speedway Forum
Lake Bodom Comet

Mick Fielding

Really loved Mick's Bradford reminisences a few issues back and his writing style really perfectly captured the essence of 1970s speedway. His enthusiasm and philosophical reading tips were wonderfully infectious and entertaining so please can we have more from Mick ?? :rolleyes:

That's a good call. I never saw Mick ride and to be honest could barely remember his name, but the article he wrote was one of the most interesting I have read. Would love to read some more....

Likewise I never saw Mick ride but he definitely comes across as the sort of character sadly lacking from todays racing and Iam sure he could provide many more offbeat musings and recollections of his Bradford days.... ;)

And he definitely deserved cult status for that super cool 1970s hairsuit style and sideburns which make him look like he just walked out of an episode of 'Life on Mars' or even 'jason King'!!!! :lol:

Some come on Tony McDonald, please get back in touch with Mick and see if he would be willing do some more retro articles :rolleyes:

Yeah the Mick Fiedling piece was great. Anyone know when Backtrack is out next?...

Yeah the Mick Fiedling piece was great. Anyone know when Backtrack is out next?...

Thanks for the positive feedback on Mick's excellent contributions - we'll have to try and coax even more words from him, although he's a busy man.

Issue 27 will be back from the printer on Wednesday and posted out to subscribers the same day.