British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shazzybird

Has anyone.........

I need to (if possible) get hold of three videos/cine films. All are NLRC @ Wimbledon years 1974/1976/1978 if anyone can help please could you let me know...... Many thanks xx

sorry, don't have the number for the Pathe News....

don't remember anyone being around doing that back then.

wonder if the Speedway Star would have info in some of their video archives..

sorry, don't have the number for the Pathe News....

you are such a muppet :!: :evil: :P;)

thanks mate... :P

I was at one of those, but I can't remember which one :? It was the year my childhood idle Lou Sansom lost the title in a 3 way run off after being squeezed out on the first bend. He'd been the best rider in the league all year by a mile, held the silver helmet all year, but fate conspired against him. Tragic. I think it was 1976, but my memory isn't what it was :-(

You could always try Tony Jackson at Workington - he has a vast collection of speedway archives.

been out in my garage today going through some of my old programs...

for Wimbledon 1974/75 all there was reference to was taping, not cine or anything... it was called 'Tape-a-Sport' and they were sold in the supporters club kiosk.

so sorry, can't help you.

Guest Sir Lunchalot

jgl07 isn't a numpty at all shazz !!

He / she is right, the pathe news site does have some wonderful old footage of speedway. If you haven't paid the site a visit it's well worth while surfing on over and having a bit of a look see.

From memory the clip on the last ever meeting from Customs House was both very good and very sad.

Lunchy far be it from me to mod a mod but jgl is definately male :lol: (with a strange taste in football teams lol)

Did I say he/she was?

He / she is right, the pathe news site does have some wonderful old footage of speedway.

Unfortunately not what I asked for in the first place though :cry:

Guest Sir Lunchalot

Did I say he/she was?

I give up then, who did you call a numpty !!!

Only three possibilities and I guess you are excused if you call steve one lol ;-)

oi....just watch it sunshine...

Well if it wasn't Steve or jgl then it must be me who is the numpty ? I don't know, you try to help someone and get emotionally scarred for your trouble :-(