British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KevH

Gerald Reardon

Gerald rode eight matches for Canterbury in 1969.

Any info (date/place of birth) or memories of him would be much appreciated.

The Pat Flanagan thread got me thinking, as I had a couple of unknown Canterbury riders pics in my collection. One I think on here was identified as Gerald Reardon, but my poor memory I thought it was Flanagan until I just looked. Now it got me on a search about Reardon who I also had never really heard of and I came across this, which from my old pic and from the d.o.b could well be the same person......but no mention he was a former speedway rider, so might not be

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/201771/Lying-pilot-exposed-by-Sunday-Express-is-jailed

19 minutes ago, iris123 said:

The Pat Flanagan thread got me thinking, as I had a couple of unknown Canterbury riders pics in my collection. One I think on here was identified as Gerald Reardon, but my poor memory I thought it was Flanagan until I just looked. Now it got me on a search about Reardon who I also had never really heard of and I came across this, which from my old pic and from the d.o.b could well be the same person......but no mention he was a former speedway rider, so might not be

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/201771/Lying-pilot-exposed-by-Sunday-Express-is-jailed

Well if he was 61 in 2010 the date of birth of 1950 would just about add up... if it is him he must have done pretty well business wise after speedway... at least until the tax man caught up with him!

Looks like he scored 8 points in a 'Stars of Tomorrow' at Canterbury on 24th May which was won by Neville Brice with 11pts - incidentally Barry Thomas was also in the meeting and scored 9 and came 7th. I actually remember this meeting as Charlie Coleman scored 11 and came 3rd after a run-off.. Charlie was a good sidecar driver on the grass tracks but pretty sure this was his first appearance on a speedway bike so pretty impressive. He made a few appearances at reserve for the Crusaders after that however there was a lot of competition for the reserve slots with riders like Graham Banks, Alan Kite and Jake Rennison amongst others looking for the team place...

• Like 2

Neville Brice I assume is related to, possible the father of Kevin ?

25 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Neville Brice I assume is related to, possible the father of Kevin ?

I think Neville was Kevin's uncle..

• Like 1