British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Swedish Playoffs 2008

Next week will be one of the best for a long time for me, Zetters and Jarly then we are driving down to Vetlanda on early tuesday afternoon to see Elit Vetlanda - Lejonen and then sleep at Anders Nilsson place and on wednesday we are taking the supporterbus from Vetlanda to Gislaved to see the big final between Lejonen - Elit Vetlanda and then back to sleep at Anders place.

Thanks Anders for letting us three Eskilstuna boys to stay at your place!

Go Elit Vetlanda!!!

/ Mikael

Sometimes i wonder with this forum.Keep reading in Wolves threads that if Nicolai makes the gate he is good,but can't do anything if he doesn't.That just doesn't describe the rider i see in Denmark.Just the same as when people call Kenneth Bjerre a gating tart!Maybe these guys just don't ride English tracks the way they ride in Scandinavia? :approve:

My thoughts exactly! Haven't read that about Nicolai but what a ride he produced in heat 12 of the Vetlanda meeting as he fought like an animal before finally being able to pass Peter Ljung. I first saw Nicolai in Tony Rickardsson's Final Lap meeting in Poole and was very impressed and have never seen him as a gate only rider.

Kenneth Bjerre, well, I've seen him making some of the most memorable passes ever for as long as I've been watching speedway and I can't understand which Bjerre turns up in Britain to deserve a "gating tart" label. :unsure:

Same with Lee Richardson who chased Peter Karlsson for almost four laps before diving under him on bend three of the final lap in the Målilla semifinal. Must also mention a blast-around against Scott Nicholls in Eskilstuna a few years back, so he can definitely pass. Calling him "sicknote" or "gating tart" makes me furious, for as long as he has been with Elit Vetlanda, he's been a top class performer throughout the years. The 2008 season has probably been one of his best ever, so hands off! :approve:

I wonder what British speedway are doing to the riders...

Next week will be one of the best for a long time for me, Zetters and Jarly then we are driving down to Vetlanda on early tuesday afternoon to see Elit Vetlanda - Lejonen and then sleep at Anders Nilsson place and on wednesday we are taking the supporterbus from Vetlanda to Gislaved to see the big final between Lejonen - Elit Vetlanda and then back to sleep at Anders place.

Thanks Anders for letting us three Eskilstuna boys to stay at your place!

Go Elit Vetlanda!!!

/ Mikael

No problems, we'll need all the extra Elit Vetlanda supporters we can get for the return leg in Gislaved. B)

Or one could ask, what aren't these riders doing for British Speedway, they are either not riding to their capabilities over here or they don't feel as confident on british tracks as they do swedish tracks?

My thoughts exactly! Haven't read that about Nicolai but what a ride he produced in heat 12 of the Vetlanda meeting as he fought like an animal before finally being able to pass Peter Ljung. I first saw Nicolai in Tony Rickardsson's Final Lap meeting in Poole and was very impressed and have never seen him as a gate only rider.

At the start of the year Nicolai was riding so hard and really trying but he would just lock up on the bends and lose to any rider, good or bad... Now he has learnt a few more lines he is much better from the back, but is still learning the hard way over here. When he passes someone it is very spectacular for sure! What I do like about him is he never gives up. When he is winning he wins fast and has a good style.

Same with Lee Richardson who chased Peter Karlsson for almost four laps before diving under him on bend three of the final lap in the Målilla semifinal. Must also mention a blast-around against Scott Nicholls in Eskilstuna a few years back, so he can definitely pass. Calling him "sicknote" or "gating tart" makes me furious, for as long as he has been with Elit Vetlanda, he's been a top class performer throughout the years. The 2008 season has probably been one of his best ever, so hands off! :approve:

:rolleyes:

A few years back at Parken in the Danish GP,not being used to seeing a lot of the riders i didn't instantly recognise a lot of them.Anyway i was watching the racing and was really impressed with one guy.Looked in the programme and it was Richardson.Not sure if i had seen him before.I had just heard all about him being a "gating tart" from this forum.So you can imagine my surprise that he was one of the more exciting riders in the meeting :unsure::blink:

Maybe it is like trees says that they feel more confident on tracks away from England.I know from talking to someone who was at the Esbjerg v Holsted meeting last week, that Nicki and Kenneth had some very good races together

Edited by iris123

:rolleyes:

A few years back at Parken in the Danish GP,not being used to seeing a lot of the riders i didn't instantly recognise a lot of them.Anyway i was watching the racing and was really impressed with one guy.Looked in the programme and it was Richardson.Not sure if i had seen him before.I had just heard all about him being a "gating tart" from this forum.So you can imagine my surprise that he was one of the more exciting riders in the meeting :unsure::blink:

That's exactly it

On an important day Lee will ride pretty well and give a good race, but any other day and he looks ordinary. He is a 2nd string rider who is better on the bigger tracks in Poland and Sweden (unlike Harris and Nicholls) Over here is he is always going to have to be a heatleader and I just don't see him as a a race winner/leader week in week out. I've seen him ride very well at Swindon but everywhere else (Zielona Gora, not just Wolves!) he just doesnt have the confidence.

Ive never seen Kenneth Bjerre as a Gating tart. In Zielona Gora he was getting ruffed up by the Poles but he bounced off them. At monmore he has had some cracking battles. Very talented rider.

Maybe it is like trees says that they feel more confident on tracks away from England.

Yeah, I guess. Don't have any facts to back it up, but my feelings are that Swedish tracks are wider than the British ones, in general, so perhaps the riders mentioned feels a bit more comfortable building up speed and challenging for position. Eh, what do I know...

Swindon fans know that Richardson can overtake, but there are those that keep slinging mud at him on this subject....and throw enough mud, and some will stick.

Mind you, he did not do himself any favours in the world cup.....he was beyond dreadful.

it has been confirmed that Lee Richardson wont be able to ride for Vetlanda in this weeks final.

He will be replaced by Ales Dryml and Morten Risager will step into the reserve.

I backed the Lions to win the league a while ago. It's a shame about Lee Richardson, but, maybe a little better for me.

Good to see that Crump can stay aboard his machine when someone passes him hard on the inside. Now, why didn't he do that in the semi-final on Saturday?

I don't have much luck with livestreans lately.

It either doesn't work(Poland),it does work,but not very good(Sweden) or it works ok,but the meeting is crap(Elite League) :unsure::cry::P

I'll give the Celtic game a look in :unsure:

Edited by iris123