British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NeilWatson

Junior Challenge Meeting

I shall be there, plumping for this meeting over Norwich v QPR!

Looking forward to the youngsters putting on a good show.

I hope the fans come out in force for this meeting, and generous thanks should go to Buster & Jonathan for setting the admission at such a bargain rate.

I wouldn't miss it for the world and am bringing along a few 'new-to-speedway' guests as part of our sponsorship.

I hope the fans come out in force for this meeting, and generous thanks should go to Buster & Jonathan for setting the admission at such a bargain rate.

I wouldn't miss it for the world and am bringing along a few 'new-to-speedway' guests as part of our sponsorship.

Good on yer Neil, and yes of course a huge thanks to the Chapmans for putting this event on. The same can be said for the Louis Family at Ipswich who performed a similar exercise a week or two back, plus of course clubs like Scunthorpe and Sittingbourne in particular, who work so hard to try and bring young riders through.

Cya Wednesday and hope that my deafness has disappeared by then, so that I can listen to you guys as well as talk to you.

Mike

I should be there, however I start a new job on Monday and wont know what shift im on until I get told at my induction.

I should be there, however I start a new job on Monday and wont know what shift im on until I get told at my induction.

Start how you mean to finish Danzell and lay down the law with them. Explain that if they want the priviledge of your employment, then you must be allowed to be available for all speedway meetings at the Norfolk Arena.....and hey, talk them into coming along too:wink:

Good luck with the job.

Thought I'd bring this back to the top.

Weather looks set fair, and there's only bl**dy Champions League tosh on the box.

Hopefully the crowd will be better than Monday night, to see 14 of the countries most promising youngsters in a full 15 heat match :approve:

Edited by PhilK

Good on ya Bagpuss, any more locals coming? So far it stands at three from Norfolk (Belton, Fakenham & Heacham), and one apiece from Cambridgeshire, Essex & Suffolk.

Anyone coming from King's Lynn?

Steve and I will be there too. :D

Yeah certainly considering it, after all I'll be up at the hospital anyways (Mum ;( )

I should be attending this meeting.

Hoping to see a reasonable sized crowd.

How goes the weather..?? :unsure:

Bloody Met Office site says a heavy rain shower just about NOW (1pm) - surely bloody not..??!! :angry:

Will be setting off at 4pm-ish and won't have access to a PC from about 2pm, so if calamity strikes can anyone who has my mob. no. please call or text me!!

See you all later, hopefully!!

D.

How goes the weather..?? :unsure:

Bloody Met Office site says a heavy rain shower just about NOW (1pm) - surely bloody not..??!! :angry:

Will be setting off at 4pm-ish and won't have access to a PC from about 2pm, so if calamity strikes can anyone who has my mob. no. please call or text me!!

See you all later, hopefully!!

D.

I'm 5 miles from track and there has been no sign of rain.

Hope that helps

What a fantastic nights Speedway in front of a decent crowd (looked over 200).

Everyone of the 13 riders present were a credit to themselves as they provided some excellent racing, from Heat 1 when Marc Owen executed the first of three quality passes, through to heat 15 when Oliver Rayson unfortunately suffered an engine failure on the final lap when leading the unbeaten Richard Franklin and Marc Owen again made a super pass to get up into second on the line.

For me the two highlights of the evening were Ashley Morris excellent effort to get second in Heat 8 after starting off 15 metres for a tapes touching ofence, which was only surpassed in Heat 14 when James Sargeant on a TS ride came from 4th to last in a race where Jake Knight showed maturity beyond his years to keep looking for his partner and when he saw him come through into second place intellegently going out wide to let Sargeant through. Knight had earlier shown excellent bike skills to avoid the fallen Sargeant and remain on and in control of his machine.

Hopefully other clubs will take note and look to run similar meetings next season. Although Mike Bennetts assertion that all Elite , Premier and Conference clubs should run three of these meetings a year was a little over the top, surely all Elite and Premier clubs could run one full 15 heat Junior Meeting without much trouble.

The meeting moved along at a good pace, and was over by 9.25pm, even with a 15 minute interval, plenty of league meetings I've attended this season have taken much longer to run!!

I couldn't stay on for the second half but if anyone has the details could they post them on here please.

Good to catch up with Parsloes and Mimmo as well :approve:

Taken from the Updates Site

KOPIOWANIE TYLKO ZA ZGOD¥ ADMINISTRATORA

Please remember that these updates cost the texter and updater money, please don't ruin it for others by posting the score up before the updater has had a chance to update this screen

All Updates will appear in this window, please feel free to post any comments below.

Texter: Bagpuss

Updater: Fozzie

Kings Lynn = 43

1. Oliver Rayson 2, 6!, 3, 2, R = 13

2. Ashley Morris 0, 2', 2, 1 = 5+1

3. James Sarjeant 2, 1, X, 3, 6!, 1 = 13

4. Jake Knight 1', 0, 2, 2' = 5+2

5. Kye Norton F, 2, 1, R = 3

6. Scott Meakins X, 0, 0 = 0

7. Rhys Naylor 2, 1, 0, 1 = 4

Rye House = 53

1. Richard Franklin 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 = 18

2. Marc Owen 1, 3, 2', 3, 2', 2' = 13+3

3. R/R

4. Joe Jacobs 0, 1, 0, 1 = 2

5. Jack Hirst 2', 0, 1, 1 = 4+1

6. John Resch 3, 1, 3, 2, 2 = 11

7. Jack Butler 1, 3, 1, 0, 0 = 5

Heat Results

Heat 01: Franklin, Rayson, Owen, Morris 2-4 63.88

Sponsored by Clean Cut Sports @ www.cleancutsports.com

Franklin very quick. Owen passed Morris on last bend. Track ultra slick.

Heat 02: Resch, Naylor, Butler, Meakins Ex 2-4 4-8 Aw

Sponsored by Steve Dixon www.stevedixonphotography.co.uk

Naylor passed Butler last lap before Meakins fell on the last bend causing Naylor to hit fence avoiding him. Both up and ok.

Heat 03: Owen, Sarjeant, Knight, Jacobs 3-3 7-11 64.69

Sponsored by Boxer123 Stamps bought & sold. Pm me here or via the Witches forum

Owen R/R. Knight passed Jacobs on 1st lap

Heat 04: Butler, Hirst, Naylor, Norton 1-5 8-16 68.56

Sponsored by Friends of Edinburgh Speedway http://www.foes.info/

Norton fell 1st lap.

Heat 05: Franklin, Owen, Sarjeant, Knight 1-5 9-21 64.69

Sponsored by Richard and Anne Hollingsworth www.scunthorpespeedway.com

From Gate

Heat 06: RAYSON, Morris, Recsh, Hirst 8-1 17-22 65.35

Sponsored by http://www.SpeedwayInfo.co.uk - speedway information for all UK leagues plus Grand Prix & World Cup stats

Resch slowed lap 3 and Morris nipped passed

Heat 07: Franklin, Norton, Jacobs, Meakins 2-4 19-26 64.15

Sponsored by Merlin

Franklin R/R. Norton passed Jacobs on 2nd lap.

Heat 08: Owen, Morris, Butler, Naylor 2-4 21-30 65.65

Sponsored by Speedway Souvenirs available at www.enjaydesigns.net

Morris off 15metres after touching tapes. Morris into 2nd by end of lap 1.

Heat 09: Re-run Resch, Knight, Hirst 2-4 23-34 65.43

Sponsored by inthedirt clothing - Speedway inspired attire - Website - Ebay - Sale now on!

Sarjeant excluded he fell at the end of 1st lap chasing Resch up and ok. Knight gave good chase.

Heat 10: Rayson, Resch, Morris, Jacobs 4-2 27-36 66.5

Sponsored by KanDysoft Speedway spreadsheets www.kandysoft.com

Resch R/R. From Gate

Heat 11: Franklin, Owen, Norton, Meakins 1-5 28-41 65.69

Sponsored by Peter Hopkins

Meakins off 15metres after breaking tapes. Great pass by Owen inside Norton lap 3.

Heat 12: Sarjeant, Resch, Naylor, Butler 4-2 32-43 65.94

Sponsored by http://www.cablestar.co.uk - computer cables & accessories. Save 10% using promo code SPEEDWAY

Butler R/R. From Gate.

Heat 13: Franklin, Rayson, Hirst, Norton ef 2-4 34-47 65.18

Sponsored by www.rpm.org.uk

Good race between first 2.

Heat 14: SARJEANT, Knight, Jacobs, Butler 8-1 42-48 67.63

Sponsored by http://www.ebuyitnow.co.uk/ 10% discount coupon code SPEEDWAY

Sarjeant for Meakins at GDTS off 15metres. Maturity beyond his years from Knight to slow down and let Sarjeant through

Heat 15: Franklin, Owen, Sarjeant, Rayson ret 1-5 43-53 65.85

Sponsored by www.msj.edu.pl www.msjspeedway.com

Rye off 1 and 3

Line-up: Sarjeant, Rayson, Franklin, Owen

Rayson led for 3 and half laps before throwning a chain. Owen grabbed 2nd on last bend.

Comments:

Teams confirmed.

Ref: Mr M Bates

Lynn win toss take 1 and 3.

I was pleasantly pleased.

I didn't expect such an excellent meeting, with excitement and passing throughout.

Was worth seeing.

Those that would normally attend Kings Lynn on a Wednesday night that weren't there missed out.

T-R-E-M-E-N-D-O-U-S is the only way that you can describe the showing by the Under 16's at the Norfolk Arena tonight. I will defy anyone who was in attendance and means it, to say they didn't enjoy that. The crowd was of a decent level, and certainly better than that achieved for Conference League matches. There was a good turn out of local folk plus a large percentage of the usual Boston supporters. I spoke with people that had travelled up from Essex and the deepest depths of Kent. There were two car loads who had come up from Bournemouth........AND.......a family who had made the trip down from Berwick, and were returning the same night.

Star of the night had to be Rye House rider Richard Franklin, who notched a full 18-point maximum, and looks a real find for the future, providing there is still a third tier for him to develop in next year.

Established Premier League riders like Jan Graversen, Simon Lambert and Henning Loof were on the terraces, rightly applauding the kids efforts. So well done to the managements of both King's Lynn & Rye House for putting this meeting on, and may it be the first of many.......very many. T-R-E-M-E-N-D-O-U-S.

King's Lynn 43:

1) Oliver Rayson 2-6^-3-2-0 = 13

2) Ashley Morris 0-2*-2-1 = 5+1

3) James Sarjeant 2-1-FX-3-6$-1 = 13

4) Jake Knight 1*-0-2-2* = 5+2

5) Kye Norton 0-2-1-0 = 3

6) Scott Meakins FX-0-0 = 0

7) Rhys Naylor 2-1-0-1 = 4

(Team manager: Rob Lyon)

Rye House 53:

1) Richard Franklin 3-3-3-3-3-3 = 18

2) Marc Owen 1-3-2*-3-2*-2* = 13+3