British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole 4 Team Tournament

Yeah the Pole looked good, what average could he come in on next year? Sadly an awful crash in the academy meeting afterwards which was a bad way to end.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Does anyone have any details of the 'Conference Championship' event please?

Does anyone have any details of the 'Conference Championship' event please?

only did 2 heats as there was a bad crash in the 3rd.

h1- ward, johnson,smith,bates

h2- hart,newman,mason,aldridge

I have a busy day tomorrow and left after heat 2 of the CL meeting. By the sound of it I am glad I did. Hope all are OK.

Without the airfence Rob Smith would have been in a lot more trouble.

Jerran Hart was leading near the end of the race and out the blue fell in the middle of the track 1/2 bend. Smith was coming up behind him and managed to avoid hitting him only to plough into the airfence a full power. Very, very nasty crash.

Come on Mods..: explain to us why this 4TT is in the section entitled "Testimonials & Individual and Shared Events".

Which of these three (entirely disparate..) things is this meeting deemed to be then..??!! :rolleyes:

:unsure: :unsure:

Come on Mods..: explain to us why this 4TT is in the section entitled "Testimonials & Individual and Shared Events".

Which of these three (entirely disparate..) things is this meeting deemed to be then..??!! :rolleyes:

:unsure: :unsure:

Well it isn't a league meeting so I would put it under here as a team individual event. Really this is where the friendly meetings come under this thread. I am not a mod but would guess that.

SS was spot on. Not much racing and too dusty and slick for there to any racing which is why riders like Lemo were beating Watty and Holder wasn't his usual rampant self with weaker opposition.

Jeleniewski caught the eye but it was hard to judge how good he really is because of the track but still he looked useful from the gate.

Woffinden won the most spectacular rider of the night although mainly dropping places by riding his bike like a buckaroo he was still entertaining thanks to some very fast equipment. If only he was more smooth he would have done some real damage.

Apart from that it went pretty much to the form guide although was once again impressed by Jason Doyle and would sign him at the drop of a hat now.

I also heard that Rob Smith was complaining about his legs in pain so they put a precautionary neck brace on him. Hope he is ok.

Oh great! Now I am gonna be running around like a headless chicken here trying to find out how Rob is!

He is a lovely lad and I just hope he is not too badly hurt after what seems like an awful crash! :unsure:

Not sure why...he had a whole year of riding down here and most of the riders said last night it rode totally different to normal.

I quite enjoyed last night's meeting...well the few bits I saw of it. Certainly seemed to be plenty of passing and my other half who was actually watching all that was going on said it was entertaining for an open meeting. Jeleniewski certainly impressed, but then so did Doyley and Tai in their races.

Shame the meeting was marred by the horrific crash to Rob Smith. Real stomach churner, we heard the thud of the impact from inside of the glass grandstand. Certainly don't even want to contemplate what the outcome might've been had the airfence not been there. Best wishes to him and hope he escaped relatively unscathed from that.

Without the airfence Rob Smith would have been in a lot more trouble.

Jerran Hart was leading near the end of the race and out the blue fell in the middle of the track 1/2 bend. Smith was coming up behind him and managed to avoid hitting him only to plough into the airfence a full power. Very, very nasty crash.

on poole forum says muscle damage,lucky lad,horrible crash,one of those were the stadium goes quiet for a while.

get well soon rob and all who were involved.

At last a good score by Troy. Only beat by Holder and the Pole who's name i cant remmember lol

At last a good score by Troy. Only beat by Holder and the Pole who's name i cant remmember lol

thats his one good meeting at poole this year out the way with!! :wink: