British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest covboy

pride of the east meeting

Guest covboy

:D Hi one and all

I'm a recent spdwy convert making my pote bow at KL next week.

Anyone fill us in on the background to the meeting so i can pretend i know what is going on when i'm sat in the stands :?:

Ta very much

Welcome aboard Covboy :)

The thing that struck me about speedway when I started going was the people who went.

When you go to the meeting you can more or less say exactly the same to the person next to you and irrespective of team loyalites they'll probably help you through the meeting telling you the basics and explaining things as they happen!

Any other forum folks going?

there was previously a thread covering a few of the basic rules-if no one else finds it first I'll search for it later tonight and put the url up.

Enjoy it, thats the most important rule! lol

EDIT:- actually its probably worth you taking a look at http://www.speedway-faq.org/ Its a 'wordy' site but I found it invaluable when I started taking an interest in speedway in explaining things!

Welcome "Covboy"

Like "Lioness" says you will find Speedway supporters very easy to get on with, and will fall over backwards to help a newcomer.

As regards the "Pride of The East" I believe it goes back to the mid 60's!!!!!!, does anyone know if it was a carry over from the "Norwich Stars".

Any other forum folks going?

Aye, i should think i will be.

I think the Pride of the East started in 1957 at Norwich. The first few winners were:

1957: Ove Fundin

1958: Peter Craven

1959: Peter Craven

1960: Bjorn Knutsson

1961: Peter Craven

1962: Bjorn Knutsson

Now you can dazzle them with your knowledge at King's Lynn!! ;-)

...unless they ask who won in 1963 ;)