British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Main Man

Under 16's Meeting At Buxton --sun Oct 19th

Had a call off Jayne Moss today to see if I could help to arrange an Under 16 meeting at Buxton on Sunday October 19th. We have a few riders pencilled in to take part and I will be in contact with riders on my lists to see if they want to ride. It will be a 15 heat , normal 7 man teams event . Team names to follow.

Interested riders can e-mail at : laurencerogers@blueyonder.co.uk .

Should be a cracker!!

Edited by Main Man

Had a call off Jayne Moss today to see if I could help to arrange an Under 16 meeting at Buxton on Sunday October 19th. We have a few riders pencilled in to take part and I will be in contact with riders on my lists to see if they want to ride. It will be a 15 heat , normal 7 man teams event . Team names to be follow.

Interested riders can e-mail at : laurencerogers@blueyonder.co.uk .

Should be a cracker!!

is that for 250cc aswell or just 500cc machines?

is that for 250cc aswell or just 500cc machines?

Was just looking at doing a 250 second half --will check with Jayne tomorrow and report back.

Was just looking at doing a 250 second half --will check with Jayne tomorrow and report back.

may be if there were enough takers, what about the possibility of running two 7 man team matches 250 & 500 in one day, numbers, weather and track availability, obviously. just an idea.

may be if there were enough takers, what about the possibility of running two 7 man team matches 250 & 500 in one day, numbers, weather and track availability, obviously. just an idea.

Not sure if it is allowed to have 250 and 500's in same race ? Remember something about this with the Under 15's Championships when I was involved wih them.

Not sure if it is allowed to have 250 and 500's in same race ? Remember something about this with the Under 15's Championships when I was involved wih them.

It was ok a couple of years ago As I know Adam Portwood rode against 500 at an acadamy meeting then, but don't think so any more, But if you mean 2 500 team and then 2 250 team meetings in one day, I don't think there are 14 250 riders in the whole country not sure though.

It was ok a couple of years ago As I know Adam Portwood rode against 500 at an acadamy meeting then, but don't think so any more, But if you mean 2 500 team and then 2 250 team meetings in one day, I don't think there are 14 250 riders in the whole country not sure though.

Would see what Jayne and Richard want to do and then try to get 6-8 250 lads there and do a second half with them.

Would see what Jayne and Richard want to do and then try to get 6-8 250 lads there and do a second half with them.

I did mean what p'boro lad said, if you look at all the lads who have competed in the u15's and then add Adam, Tom Stokes, Matty Allitt and may be one or two more that would be more than the required 14

I did mean what p'boro lad said, if you look at all the lads who have competed in the u15's and then add Adam, Tom Stokes, Matty Allitt and may be one or two more that would be more than the required 14

as would like to put my name forward for a 250cc meeting. nathan stoneman and im riding in the british speedway 250cc championship at the moment. many thanks nathan

we will do 250cc 2nd half --so your down on my list Nathan

Edited by Main Man

we will do 250cc 2nd half --so your down on my list Nathan

so that is a booked meeting on the 19th october at buxton. what time would that be please. normal 3pm. thanks nathan

so that is a booked meeting on the 19th october at buxton. what time would that be please. normal 3pm. thanks nathan

Yes 3pm start. see you there.

great to see this being organised and will hopefully be there to show my support for the up and coming young riders.

look forward to seeing the line ups.

great to see this being organised and will hopefully be there to show my support for the up and coming young riders.

look forward to seeing the line ups.

Hope to announce line-ups asap --awaiting a few replies to invites ---also need contact details for James Sergeant and Jason garrity if anyone has them ?? Thought I had tehm on my lists but can't find the list!! :oops:

Still a few places to fill in both the main meeting and the 250's.

My computer has had a major bug in it at the moment and I I am still having problems accessing my e-mails at home as I am waiting for a new modem from Virgin. You can send them to home at : laurencerogers@blueyonder.co.uk and to my business one : laurencerogers@uk2.net or phone 07801429304.

Jake Knight is a doubt as he has glandular fever (get well soon Jake)... but so far confirmed are : Brendan Johnson, Ashley Morris, Joe Jacobs, Scott Meakins, Kyle Howarth, James Sergeant, Jason Garrity, Jack Butler, Jack Hirst, Richard Andrews, Lloyd Barrett , (Adam Kirby --now not allowed to ride) ; Jordan Tyrer; Cameron Hoskins.

Added 3/10/08 : Marc Owen, Jack Hirst.

Added 6/10/08 : Richard Andrews ; Lloyd Barrett, Tyler Govier, Reece Downes.

Added 8/10/08 Adam Kirby

Added 9/10/08 : Jordan Tyrer

Added 11/10/08 : Connor Dwyer (250's) ; Cameron Hoskins;

Amendements 12/10/08 : Adam Kirby (not eligible), Marc Own (now at Eastbourne)

250's : Nathan Stoneman, Jack Cornes, Adam Portwood.; Tyler Govier ; Reece Downes ; Connor Dwyer.

More news as we add riders and sort out teams.

Also many thanks to Neil Watson (ex-Peterborough Promoter) for agreeing to sponsor the meeting.

Also to Barry Simpson who is providing products sponsorship for the meeting.

Edited by Main Man