British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Main Man

Under 16's Meeting At Buxton --sun Oct 19th

Tremendous show by two depleted sides ending with a last heat decider and a Carmarthen win 46-44. In the 250's Reece Downes took the honours on 13 with Jack Cornes 2nd on 12 and Conner Dwyer third with 10.

21 races in an hour and a half as well!!

With so many changes and double Rider-Replacement used by both sides I hope my scores are correct!! Checking through I have Kyle Howarth down for 8 rides!!

Carmarthen were without Brendan Johnson ( withdrew) , Joe Jacobs (injured) and were stopped at the last moment from using Jordan Tyrer as he had no licence!! Jack Butler swapped sides to the Dragons who were without Jake Knight (ill) and then lost Ashley Morris with a wrist injury in Ht 1!!

Even so the 4 v 5 'men' sides produced some entertaining action. Newly crowned U-15 champ Jason Garrity had a seven ride 21 point max.

Buxton 44 ( Jason Garrity 7r 21, Cameron Hoskins 7r 1, Ashley Morris (withdrawn injured), Lloyd Barrett 6r 4+1, Kyle Howarth 8r 18+1)

Carmarthen 46 ( Scott Meakins 10+1, James Sergeant 7r 17, Jack Hirst 6r 8+3, Richard Andrews 7r 10+5, Jack Butler 4r 1)

Just a great pity more fans did not come along to watch !!! :mad:

I was really disappointed that we couldn't be there, and would have willingly swopped my chest infection for an afternoon out.

I hope that those that WERE there will spread the word so that we can get some momentum for these meetings in 2009

I certainly hope so Neil. We have some promising lads coming though and must encourage them as much as possible --with hopefully more tracks wanting to do these meetings next year and I would willingly offer my services to help with this.

Jordan Tyrer was so disappointed at being pulled out of the meeting at the last moment and hopefully after talking to him and his dad Paul they will not be disillusioned and walk away. Amazingly he was able to take out a one day licence at Swindon last Sunday to ride for Bristol as it was at an EL track but couldn't do this today and even a phone call to Graham Reeve came back with a negative response which in my mind was absolutely ridiculous. We want to encourage not discourage these lads. Jordan is a competent motor-cyclists with several grass track titles to his name so he should have been allowed to ride --and Richard Moss as the Training Instructor offered to assess him to pass him as competent but this was not allowed.

I'll get off my soapbox now but I was not pleased with this decision !!

I have now re-looked at my programme and had not put the reserve swap in ht 12 with Lloyd Barrett in that one --so he had 7 rides 5+1 and Kyle Howarth 7 rides 17+1. Will amend my original posting with this!!

Many thanks to you Neil and all at Renaissance Property Managment Ltd and to Barry Simpson at Simpson Racing UK for your kind sponsorship of this meeting.

Edited by Main Man

Could some one please post he full scorecard for todays meeting?

I certainly hope so Neil. We have some promising lads coming though and must encourage them as much as possible --with hopefully more tracks wanting to do these meetings next year and I would willingly offer my services to help with this.

Jordan Tyrer was so disappointed at being pulled out of the meeting at the last moment and hopefully after talking to him and his dad Paul they will not be disillusioned and walk away. Amazingly he was able to take out a one day licence at Swindon last Sunday to ride for Bristol as it was at an EL track but couldn't do this today and even a phone call to Graham Reeve came back with a negative response which in my mind was absolutely ridiculous. We want to encourage not discourage these lads. Jordan is a competent motor-cyclists with several grass track titles to his name so he should have been allowed to ride --and Richard Moss as the Training Instructor offered to assess him to pass him as competent but this was not allowed.

I'll get off my soapbox now but I was not pleased with this decision !!

I have now re-looked at my programme and had not put the reserve swap in ht 12 with Lloyd Barrett in that one --so he had 7 rides 5+1 and Kyle Howarth 7 rides 17+1. Will amend my original posting with this!!

Many thanks to you Neil and all at Renaissance Property Managment Ltd and to Barry Simpson at Simpson Racing UK for your kind sponsorship of this meeting.

What a great show they all put on today, really proud to have seen grass roots British Speedway with such talented youngsters. Brought an old speedway pal who is a Belle Vue season ticket holder who has only ever seen EL speedway. He was captivated by the setting, club, organisation and the riding. Lets hope he tels the B Vue regulars what they are missing on their doorstep. He is looking forward to the CL season next year. Jason Garrity was in a class of his own, Kyle Howarth was superb for only having sat on a speedway bike two and a half months ago.

Pity red tape kept Jordan out, Main man sentiments noted.

One little incident I did not like to see was some unsavoury tactics in one of the 250cc races that proved nothing and was very unsavoury. Lets hope that sort of riding earns an exclusion in future rather than let someone get away with it' because of their age'.

Great afternoon.

Thanks to all the sponsors, all those that made it worthwhile for the kids to take their deserved acknowledgement from the fans and lastly Buxton Speedway

Had call off Neil Painter that nothing broken for Ashley Morris just bruising to the wrist.

For Phil K :

Buxton 44

1. Jason Garrity 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 21

2. NO RIDER R/R

3. Cameron Hoskins R 1 0 0 F F 0 1

4. Ashley Morris N --withdrawn Injured

5. R/R

6. Lloyd Barrett 1' 1 0 1 1 0 1 5 +1

7. Kyle Howarth 2' 2 1 3 3 3 3 17 +1

Camarthen 46

1. NO RIDER R/R

2. Scott Meakins X 2' 2 2 2 2 10+1