British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bandits4life

Bordinapolis 27/9/08

Maybe so but its my favorite cuisine & I would recommend it to anyone!

That just sums up how poor this meeting was! Only bright spot (no jokes about lighting or lack of it on bends please!) was Schlein's performance in the Final, winning from the back in style.

That just sums up how poor this meeting was! Only bright spot (no jokes about lighting or lack of it on bends please!) was Schlein's performance in the Final, winning from the back in style.

:lol: Oi Silver Bee are you out there.

I know you will say they are only Prmier riders but check out the updates for last Thursday - he can do it in both leagues these days. Take note sunshine :wink::lol:

Well done Rory - excellent win, now moving on to Glasgow tomorrow night to p*ss Paulco off - hopefully!!!! :lol:

news from tero . he has no broken bones but leg is swollen and painful.

Thats good news.

Painful and swelling will hopefully soon fade.

Now lets just hope that Parker is okay. Not been his year really. :(

Thats good news.

Painful and swelling will hopefully soon fade.

Now lets just hope that Parker is okay. Not been his year really. :(

No it hasn't i'm afraid . Let's hope he is fit enough to kick Pooboy's ass today . :wink:

Not the best meeting ever other than the final

Schleins pass of Piscz on the entry to the third bend was very impressive Piscz had the lead for the first lap after a pretty hard second bend but Rory powered under him, excellent pass from a rider who looked a class above the field all night.

Pisczs effort to pass Howe in an earlier heat was also a pretty decent race.

Individual meetings have really died a death in speedway these days, other than a major event like the PLRC.

Tero was again the unfortunate victim as has been said Kerr came to grief on the second bend and Aarnio couldn't miss him going head first over the handlebars looked horrible.

I don't know any better about Parkers fitness than what I have been told about the flu but it will be interesting to see what he does today.

Peter Juul Larsen looked pretty decent last night for a first appearance at Berwick looks to have the backing behind him big sponsored van, three bikes always a good sign think he is going to do ok.

Individual meetings have really died a death in speedway these days, other than a major event like the PLRC.

Spot on . I will toddle along to the Ashfield Classic today , but these meetings dont give me anywhere near the buzz that a team match does . The bar will be busier during todays meeting as these things tend to get drawn out and boring , and it's usually just the final that's a decent race .

Peter Juul Larsen looked pretty decent last night for a first appearance at Berwick looks to have the backing behind him big sponsored van, three bikes always a good sign think he is going to do ok.

check out how he has been doing in other places - apparently quite a talented youngster :wink:

I think he will be seen in the UK next year.

check out how he has been doing in other places - apparently quite a talented youngster :wink:

I think he will be seen in the UK next year.

He certainly will . And it will be in the red and white stripes of the Glasgow Tigers . :approve:

Poor meeting infront of a poor crowd but if Waite puts up admission prices then what do you expect.Schlein was a deserved winner,only headed for three quarters of a lap by Piszcz in the final.With Parker pulling out with illness and Wilkinson pulling out with bike trouble that did little to improve things although I thought Glasgows new rider Juul looked good and might be a decent signing on last night.

The down side of last night was Aarnios crash,dont know whats he has done to deserve all this bad luck of late as none of his crashes sre his fault.Fenced by Burrows and then last night no where to go when Kerr fell in-front of him.

I wasn't keen on that place after having a chippy there a couple of months ago when i was down, much prefer Foulis down by the docks :wink:

I agree that Smith's is over-rated; but, the last chippy I had from Foulis's with Neil's Mum and Dad, none of us could even half finish it.

It was disgusting.

Worst chippy I have ever had by a long shot!

I did go in the end last night and have to say it was fairly average with only a couple of overtaking moves from michal, Schlein and Piszcz (peter owt to sign him next season). Other than that it wasnt that good with a poor crowd just hope Tero will be ok.

BORDERNAPOLIS, MY OPINION ONLY.

1. OVERPRICED

2. POOR LINE UP

3. CRAP TURNOUT

4. POORLY PREPARED INCONSISTANT TRACK

5. VERY POOR PROMOTION OF EVENT. (well almost non-existant)

All in all very, very, disappointed, perhaps with a better line up and good promotion, £10 entry it might have done something. We have been telling you for months about MELDRUMS MILESTONE, it might not be a top notch line up, but it is quite good, and will be entertaning, at an affordable price, especially the family man, whos kids under 14 go free with an adult.

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AT DAVEYS TESTIMONIAL. IT WILL BE WORTH EVERY PENNY. PERHAPS IT WILL SHOW WHAT CAN BE DONE, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY THANK DAVEY FOR ENTERTAINING US FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS.

BORDERNAPOLIS, MY OPINION ONLY.

1. OVERPRICED

2. POOR LINE UP

3. CRAP TURNOUT

4. POORLY PREPARED INCONSISTANT TRACK

5. VERY POOR PROMOTION OF EVENT. (well almost non-existant)

All in all very, very, disappointed, perhaps with a better line up and good promotion, £10 entry it might have done something. We have been telling you for months about MELDRUMS MILESTONE, it might not be a top notch line up, but it is quite good, and will be entertaning, at an affordable price, especially the family man, whos kids under 14 go free with an adult.

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AT DAVEYS TESTIMONIAL. IT WILL BE WORTH EVERY PENNY. PERHAPS IT WILL SHOW WHAT CAN BE DONE, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY THANK DAVEY FOR ENTERTAINING US FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS.

The track has been poor most of the season IMO which is a shame as it would produce some awesome passing with the team we had. Many away team riders commented that the track was rubbish (not their actual wording!!!)