British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

Ipswich 4tt - Thursday 16th October?

The interesting one there for me is Zengota. He's a talented lad and definitely has something about him. He's impressed me this year in Poland and with Ipswich liking their Poles and looking to add to their rather small asset base then getting this lad on the books would be a shrewd move. Be interesting to see how he gets on.

Zengota will have a go.

Line ups taken from the East Anglian this morning (15-10-08):-

Young Lions and Euros

1. Tai Woffinden

2. Leon Madsen (Rides for Wroclaw in Poland and Indianerna, Sweden)

3. James Wright

4. Linus Sundstrom (Rides for Bydgoszcz in Poland and Piraterna in Sweden)

5. Chris Schramm ©

6. Sonke Petersen (Rides for Brokstedt and Grindsted in Germany)

Young Eagles and Roos

1. Krzysztof Stojanowski

2. Marcin Liberski (Rides for Lodz in Poland)

3. Travis McGowan ©

4. Trent Leverington

5. Gregorz Zengota (Rides for Zielona Gora in Poland and Masarnaavesta in Sweden)

6. Pawel Miesiac (Rides for Daugavpils and Masarnaavesta in Sweden)

Ummm so the 4TT becomes a six rider meeting, hopefully Ipswich will be putting on a second half or reducing admission for this event! :rolleyes:

Will give this a look but sadly feel it the same old same old as far as Ipswich are concerned.

Two Brits they have no chance of signing (Woffinden & Wright), two Aussies that hardly set the pulses racing, when will they tap into the stream of young Aussies, and ohh what a shock four more Poles. Hopefully the Swedes/Danes? will be useful although if memory serves Leon Madsen already has 'history' when it comes to riding in the UK!

Of the Poles Zengota did look quiet impressive in the World U21's at Rye earlier this year, but surely the time has come for Ipswich to look elsewhere for riders!

Like the look of Zengota when i have seen him before, but will he be there as he is now a reserve for the GP?

Along with tai, he's about the only one with real talent. But as it appears the promotion have decided to charge elite prices for this, i wont be bothering. I've had the pleasure of watching all of these this season, and the likes of sonke petersen are hardly an attraction. I just cant see how they can justify elite prices, when there isn't even one elite league heat leader on show.

Along with tai, he's about the only one with real talent. But as it appears the promotion have decided to charge elite prices for this, i wont be bothering. I've had the pleasure of watching all of these this season, and the likes of sonke petersen are hardly an attraction. I just cant see how they can justify elite prices, when there isn't even one elite league heat leader on show.

Thats exactly why I'm still here at home, in the warm. First it was £10 for a "junior match" now its full price for a PL match. No thanks, interesting to see how many do go, in fact i don't know many that have said they will go!

Hmm like i said yesterday, would Zengota turn up? The answer is no along with Pawel Miesiac. Replaced by Jerran Hart and Tom P Madsen!

Asda have mugs 99p, plenty at Foxhall for £15 though! :lol:

Karl

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Hmm like i said yesterday, would Zengota turn up? The answer is no along with Pawel Miesiac. Replaced by Jerran Hart and Tom P Madsen!

Asda have mugs 99p, plenty at Foxhall for £15 though! :lol:

Karl

Nice one Karl. When i heard Chris on the radio earlier, i was surprised that no mention was made of the 2nd biggest attraction "the winning captain for the polish U21 team". But i'm not surprised, our promotion has a habit of keeping things quiet when it suits them. It's not the first time and it wont be the last. They cant be trusted!!! When will they realise, if you keep lying to people, eventually they turn away and wont come back. Just hope the supporters that have been short-changed tonight, stay away next week as a protest. How the hell can they justify £15 for that.

Poor line-up. Poor meeting. Poor crowd. Poor use of £15.

Absolute rip off last night, if the Louis' had an ounce of decency they would knock a fiver off the 16 Lapper for those who attended last night! I wont hold my breath though. If any of Madsen, Leverington, Sundstrom, Liberski, Petersen and Stoj are being considered for 2009, give them the wooden spoon now!! As for Woffi no chance, and i think we all know enough about McGowan and Wright!

There was noone last night, from the newcomers, who looked in the least bit ready for the EL next season. As others have said the only possible was Zengota and he didnt show, replacement Tom P Madsen, taking the pi$$ or what.

The meeting drifted by with little in the way of racing and was frankly boring! The crowd looked about 400 max.

A real own goal by Ipswich, lets hope that is the last prior to the 2009 season, which means NO Louis comeback or NO Miskowiak, wouldnt want to bet on it though!!!

Edited by PhilK