Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
czechhero

Wot No 2nd City Trophy?

From the BSPA weekly round up, not from the Brum official site.....

BIRMINGHAM have abandoned plans to stage the Second City Trophy at the end of the month, and will now complete their season against King's Lynn on October 19.

Promoter Graham Drury said: "It has become impossible to put a field of 16 riders together for the Second City Trophy. The uncertainty over the Play-offs and Young Shield means it could change at the drop of a hat and I wasn't prepared to just cobble something together."

Hmmmm..................

BIRMINGHAM have abandoned plans to stage the Second City Trophy at the end of the month, and will now complete their season against King's Lynn on October 19.

Promoter Graham Drury said: "It has become impossible to put a field of 16 riders together for the Second City Trophy. The uncertainty over the Play-offs and Young Shield means it could change at the drop of a hat and I wasn't prepared to just cobble something together."

Hmmmm..................

Hmmmm.................. Indeed :angry: Would have loved to be able to see this meeting

Hmmmm..................

I think its a terrible decision to axe this meeting. Ive been looking forward to this all season and with little notice its just been scrapped :angry: .

If the meeting was this week then I can understand what graham is saying but the meeting is the end of the month when the season is finished for most teams. Only really the young shield final and perhaps the EL relegation/promotion final will be taking place. Most teams are staging individuals and can get a decent line up.

Even if he cant stage the meeting, why not put the Alan Pearce memorial meeting instead. If we could try and get the likes of Joe Haines, Richard Sweetman and Darcy Ward to ride then it could be a decent meeting. Also there could be a big fireworks display afterwards. This isnt the only meeting to be axed, the Alan Pearce Memorial was scheduled but axed and a CL challenge against Buxton was also. By the looks of it there may not be a Alan Hunt Memorial meeting next year, Tony Mole said our first meeting will be a PT meeting.

Disappointed as I thought an Individual meeting would be a good chance to end the season on a good note. Instead we have a meaningless PT meeting against Kings Lynn and they are probably favourites for the meeting aswell.