British Speedway Forum

track too wet...now to staged at Bydgoszcz next Saturday

Edited by smartace

Just had a text from Nikkif saying it's off but there is beautiful sunshine.

I wouldn't be best happy if i'd gone over there for this to happen to an "indoor" arena.. shocking!

Yep I had a text from Badge and quite a bit of it is unrepeatable...lots of very unhappy speedway fans over there right now.

For Oxford fans:

GERMAN GP POSTPONED - BARBEQUE GOES AHEAD

Tonight's German Grand Prix has been postponed, due to adverse track conditions and will be restaged in Bydgoszcz, Poland next Saturday (October 18).

The SOS will still be staging a barbeque at the Kidlingon Green Social Club tonight, as the food is already prepared, and they will be showing speedway videos.

There will be a nominal charge to cover the cost of the food.

It is expected that there will be a barbeque for the restaging next Saturday, but this will be confirmed.

Edited by lucifer sam

This is an absolute disgrace !

Nothing has been learnt since the shambles at Ullevi 5 or so years ago.

BSI can put as much spin on this as they like, the truth is that millions of pounds will have been spent by genuine speedway people getting to this event at a time when everyone is having to tighten their belts, but for an event to be cancelled in an INDOOR venue due to the negligence of a few is just outrageous. Heads must roll for this.

This is an absolute disgrace !

Nothing has been learnt since the shambles at Ullevi 5 or so years ago.

BSI can put as much spin on this as they like, the truth is that millions of pounds will have been spent by genuine speedway people getting to this event at a time when everyone is having to tighten their belts, but for an event to be cancelled in an INDOOR venue due to the negligence of a few is just outrageous. Heads must roll for this.

I was told the roof was left open last night, and clearly no one checked the weather forecast, this is unbelievable incompetence on a grand scale and I really feel for the thousands of fans who are out there havent spent a fortune.

Then to announce its taking place at Bydgoszcz next Saturday, Ill wager Hancock & Andersen are delighted with that little move it practically assures Gollob of third place.

As Ballinger says heads should roll for this.

Edited by bigcatdiary

Ah well,it looks like the X Factor may have a few more viewers this evening :lol:

The roof doesn't open at the veltins arena - the pitch slides out. I can't see that once the track has been laid that they'd move it back outdoors. Very strange.

Ah well,it looks like the X Factor may have a few more viewers this evening :lol:

And Weymouth for their play-off meeting. :approve:

It has been mooted to me that it could be a deliberate ploy by the promotion:-

Tickets sales reportely to be very poor indeed. (Just a couple of thousand?)

Meeting insured for a call off.

Polonia Bydgoszcz already lined up for next saturday.

City Hotel Bydgoszcz suprisingly fully booked.

Guaranteed mega sell out with T Gollob set to pick up $200k.

I smell a rat.

With he present economic climate and the the future outlook I feel that the GP has shot itself in the foot big time and unless things change dramatically people just won't be bothered. I will certainly NEVER attend one ! Let's just hope that domestic speedway survives, which, after all is the average fans first love.

seems strange to me,, im just wondering under the new finanical crisis effecting msot places if money has had something to do with this

why wouldnt they just re-have it at the same place some time , why have they moved it to poland anyway ?

And Weymouth for their play-off meeting. :approve:

Does that mean you`ll be taping the X Factor then rabbit? :wink::lol: