British Speedway Forum

Definitely a "shot in the foot day" for some hapless BSI Suit who's gonna hafta face the board of directors of IMG, a professionally-run outfit, to tell them they have done in a $coupla mill 'cos some prat didn't put a cover on the shale while it was in storage. :approve:

I eamiled BSI with a whole lot of questions, all I got was an apology & being told that I would get a letter in the post from Paul Bellamy..

They again mentioned the 'adverse weather conditions' It was a frickin indoor stadium!!

I eamiled BSI with a whole lot of questions, all I got was an apology & being told that I would get a letter in the post from Paul Bellamy..

They again mentioned the 'adverse weather conditions' It was a frickin indoor stadium!!

Not sure what sort of weather they was expecting.But for this time of year in Germany the weather was pretty good :blink:

Typical reply from someone trying to wriggle out of responsibility. According to an earlier Post - it was SUNNY. DEFINATELY adverse weather conditions for Speedway !! :rolleyes:

Wonder what they would have said if it had been RAINING. :angry:

Any sign of the Race Director taking any responsibility yet? :unsure::unsure::angry:

Any sign of the Race Director taking any responsibility yet? :unsure::unsure::angry:

I thought Ole had stated that ultimately he is responsible and although none of it was his fault(the germans did it)he would go if he got payed off and they found a person who could do his job better :unsure: But you don't get to be a mulitple World Champ by lacking confidence.I am sure he thinks he is the best guy for the job of taking the GPs onwards and upwards into the future

I thought Ole had stated that ultimately he is responsible and although none of it was his fault(the germans did it)he would go if he got payed off and they found a person who could do his job better :unsure: But you don't get to be a mulitple World Champ by lacking confidence.I am sure he thinks he is the best guy for the job of taking the GPs onwards and upwards into the future

Olsen has done a fairly good job over the years, but it seems that he is very narrow minded, will only prepare tracks his way and has a very autocratic style.. I think he needs to remember that barring Copenhagen, nearly all the temp tracks have come into criticism from the riders. His position needs to be seriously looked at. Though from his smug demenour post Saturday's farce, it would seem his position is untouchable...

I am not Anti the GP's at all. Last Saturday was my only bad experience of them. Im still a big fan, but extremely annoyed at the way eveything has been handled - And in particular the reaction (or lack of) Olsen & Bellamy.

I am not Anti the GP's at all. Last Saturday was my only bad experience of them. Im still a big fan, but extremely annoyed at the way eveything has been handled - And in particular the reaction (or lack of) Olsen & Bellamy.

I think though this harks back to a point i made a few days back.Where is the webiste or newspaper motorcycle or general that is asking searching questions in Britain?Ole has been asked questions.But by Danish journalists and in the Danish language.We are imo let down by having no particular independant online website that looks for answers.The German online site,Motorsport Aktuell is very good and the Danish site Ekstrabladet kept coming up with critical items.Not that you were likely to get to the bottom of it all even if there was such a site or magazine.And anyway,most people already have an opinion of Olsen and nothing short of him coming out and saying "It was all done on purpose to stop us losing a bundle"is likely to change that

The fact it was not even mentioned on Sky Monday proves people are being told to keep it shut.

Having let my Speedway Star subscription lapse a couple of weeks a go, I have not had the opportunity to see their hard hitting critique of last weekends fiasco. Did they give Olsen and BSI both barrels or did another scapegoat come to the fore? ;)

Would be interested to know how the affair was covered......

The German online site,Motorsport Aktuell is very good and the Danish site Ekstrabladet kept coming up with critical items.

Well there's only the Speedway Star in Britain as the main newspapers are just not interested in speedway. And the Speedway Star long since sold its soul to the 'powers-that-be' so don't expect any critical journalism from that quarter.

It's more fun to make up conspiracy theories on here anyway. :P

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

I think though this harks back to a point i made a few days back.Where is the webiste or newspaper motorcycle or general that is asking searching questions in Britain?Ole has been asked questions.But by Danish journalists and in the Danish language.We are imo let down by having no particular independant online website that looks for answers.The German online site,Motorsport Aktuell is very good and the Danish site Ekstrabladet kept coming up with critical items.Not that you were likely to get to the bottom of it all even if there was such a site or magazine.And anyway,most people already have an opinion of Olsen and nothing short of him coming out and saying "It was all done on purpose to stop us losing a bundle"is likely to change that

Get Schumi on the case.

But you don't get to be a mulitple World Champ by lacking confidence.I am sure he thinks he is the best guy for the job of taking the GPs onwards and upwards into the future

Well, it can onnly go "upwards" coz you can't get lower than it is right now!!! :shock:

Well, it can onnly go "upwards" coz you can't get lower than it is right now!!! :shock:

HEAR, HEAR !!!!! :angry::mad:

Oh I dont know, there are plenty of ways things could get worse.

You could have a GP end up being decided by a run off where the competitors make a private arrangement to race for real no further than the first turn, only for one of them to change his mind halfway through and race by his unsuspecting opponent and make himself world champion.

Or you could have a GP raced in Britains premier stadium reduced to a farce by track conditions being so bad, with no help from the weather, that a group of supporters grab a hose and ruin it even further.

Or you could find a totally unsuitable venue for a GP, in the back of beyond that is more akin to a long track and stick a GP on there, a venue with barely any parking, only one entrance and next to no seating.

Or you could concoct a qualifying system that ensured the best 16 could not possibly be there but at the same time hand places to 5 dodgy conference/premier league standard East Europeans.

Oh yes there are plenty of ways things could get worse, although most have been done before