British Speedway Forum

Hello to everybody who was ripped off at the German GP. :mad:

I arrived home on sunday night and read the Bellamy statement advising people to contact the ticket agency.

For two days I have phoned different numbers at Seetickets and have constantly been met with a recorded message stating that there was no operator available and referring me to their website

I have emailed customer services at two different addresses and had no response only acknowledgements of the emails

I have emailed BSI and got a postmaster failure message back

This redirected me to speedway@img.com I have also had that come back as a postmaster failure

Can I just ask am I alone in this type of response or have others had a similar experience or has anyone actually been able to contact these people.

I have as I see it two other options...contacting my credit card company to get a refund through them or Small claims court

Any feedback would be appreciated

Harry

I have emailed customer services at two different addresses and had no response only acknowledgements of the emails

This redirected me to speedway@img.com I have also had that come back as a postmaster failure

The symptoms of a company in trouble, one suspects...

Hello to everybody who was ripped off at the German GP. :mad:

I arrived home on sunday night and read the Bellamy statement advising people to contact the ticket agency.

For two days I have phoned different numbers at Seetickets and have constantly been met with a recorded message stating that there was no operator available and referring me to their website

Can I just ask am I alone in this type of response or have others had a similar experience or has anyone actually been able to contact these people.

I have as I see it two other options...contacting my credit card company to get a refund through them or Small claims court

Any feedback would be appreciated

Harry

Jesus give them time, you can't go through small claims, there is no dispute, IMG have already said you will be reinbursed to the tune of 200%.

Similarly I doubt your credit card company getting involved yet.

I can imagine how you feel but a mess like this will take a little while to sort out, you will need to give them a "reasonable amount of time"

No the sympton of a company swamped with similar e mail, maybe just buying time to get the refund process in place

Jesus give them time, you can't go through small claims, there is no dispute, IMG have already said you will be reinbursed to the tune of 200%.

Similarly I doubt your credit card company getting involved yet.

I can imagine how you feel but a mess like this will take a little while to sort out, you will need to give them a "reasonable amount of time"

Actually Jeff unless you were there and have wasted in excess of £500 I doubt you do know how i feel. Yes I do expect seetickets to answer the phone and yes i do expect them answer emails is that unreasonablle. I asked for thoughts of those who were similarty affected not smart alec responses. I went through all this at Ullevi

Actually you are wrong as Visa will get involved and get the refund for you

I am being reimbursed 200% ???? Are you for real. 2 x tickets 2 x hotels 2 x tanks of petrol 3 x days off work....need I continue

Thanks for your interest though Jeff really helpfull

Edited by westhamboy66

Actually Jeff unless you were there and have wasted in excess of £500 I doubt you do know how i feel. Yes I do expect seetickets to answer the phone and yes i do expect them answer emails is that unreasonablle. I asked for thoughts of those who were similarty affected not smart alec responses. I went through all this at Ullevi

Thanks for your interest though Jeff really helpfull

The fact remains you do need to be reasonable in your timescale for refund. There will be an incredible amount to sort out between the ticket agency and IMG before refunds can happen. Granted it is not very helpful to you but it is the truth all the same.

The fact remains you do need to be reasonable in your timescale for refund. There will be an incredible amount to sort out between the ticket agency and IMG before refunds can happen. Granted it is not very helpful to you but it is the truth all the same.

As I said Jeff thanks for the words of wisdom

I am sure that given just a few days everything will be set in place and refunds will flow.

Like everyone, we were devastated on Saturday...but our people were magnificent, kind, considerate and frankly had an amazing attitude in adversity. Possibly Brits at their very best.

Had it been footie...then probably the Stadium would been in cinders by now.

Yesterday morning we refunded all our clients by cheque..directly from our own funds..sent 1st class mail, and by all accounts many have already recieved the ticket refunds today...

If anyone has a problem...then we are all in the same superb sport...and if they care to call or e mail me...I will always do anything i can to help..irrespective if they booked with us or travelled independantly

Regards and thoughst are with you all

JAMES EASTER

TRAVEL PLUS TOURS

I went through all this at Ullevi

Me too. Got my compensation tickets as promised without any problems.

Maybe you should contact Matlock if he's ready to take your case to court and contact Matula or Derrick from the German police to do the digging for any dirt to escalate your demands so that you end up well off with all this. :approve:

I received the following e-mail on Saturday:

Dear MR M S KULKA

We're writing to let you know that 2008 FIM GERMAN SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX at <SHOW.

Gelsenkirchen,German on 11/10/2008 has been cancelled, and won't be rescheduled

Please return your 2 ticket(s) for a refund, along with a

copy of this E-mail to See Tickets,Customer Services, Room 99, 4th Floor,

Norfolk House, Upper Parliament Street, Nottingham NG1 2AB.

We strongly recommend that all tickets are returned by a secure postal service

to ensure delivery.

If we haven't despatched your ticket(s), the value of your ticket

including our postage charge will be credited to the card the tickets

were bought with. The refund will clear in the next 3-5 working days.

If you've any queries regarding your order please

e-mail us at helpme@seetickets.com quoting reference 20458587.

Yours sincerely See Tickets Customer Services

4th Floor

Norfolk House

Upper Parliament Street

Nottingham

NG1 2AB

My tickets were not dispatched, I was to collect them in the ticket office, so now expecting to see the money back on my account within the upcoming days.

From speedwaygp.tv:

Detailed below is information with regard to the refund of the ticket price for those who purchased tickets for the 2008 FIM German Speedway Grand Prix Series at VELTINS-Arena, Gelsenkirchen, Germany on 11 October 2008.

SEE TICKETS

All customers that bought their tickets via See Tickets will have the ticket price refunded by: 31st October 2008.

VELTINS-ARENA TICKET AGENCY: www.ts-ticketshop.de

Tickets bought via the ts-ticketshop agency (official agency of the Veltins-Arena) will be refunded the ticket price by: 11 November 2008.

Please send an email detailing the information below to

kundenservice@schalke04.de

Information required:

• Name

• Address

• Telephone contact number

• Bank details or credit card details used to book original ticket

If you purchased your ticket in person at the stadium on Friday 10th October or Saturday 11th October 2008, then please send a copy of your ticket(s) together with the following details:

• Name

• Address

• Telephone contact number

• Bank details or credit card details

Please send this information to:

FC Schalke 04 - Stadion Betriebsgesellschaft MBH

Ernst- Kuzorra-Weg 1

45891 Gelsenkirchen

Deutschland / Germany

Telefon: +49 (0)1805-150810 (0,14 €/min) Fax: +49 (0) 209 3892-599

CTS Tickets

Tickets bought via the CTS ticket agency will be refunded the ticket price by: 11 November 2008. This can be done via:

ONLINE: click here

TELEPHONE HOTLINE: +49 185 5700 70

2009 TICKET OFFER

All fans that purchased their ticket via the above agencies will receive an email / letter in the next week detailing how to claim their ticket for a BSI promoted event in 2009.

Well done Travel Plus. My ticket refund was on the doormat when I got home last night - sent from their company funds rather than them waiting for BSI to compensate them. I feel sorry for James and the possible repercussions on his company over the inept actions of BSI.

Chris

Edited to correct error - apologies to BMI!!

Edited by Christine Hawes

sent from their company funds rather than them waiting for BMI to compensate them.

BMI are a perfectly respectable airline - I'm not sure they'd appreciated being blamed for last weekend's fiasco. :wink:

The refuned of my tickets is the least of my worries. Who's going to refuned me for my waisted trip. Two nights in a hotel, flights, transfers. My travel insurance dosn't insure me for BSI's incompitance. How many of us got to the stadium, walked around for an hour before we found something was wronge. I only found out the meeting was off when i asked a member of security the location of the loo's. Then i just had the letter from BSI shoved in my hand. Where were the reps from BSI. Hidding with embarisment. I must of waisted around £800 all told. I and many people i met in the town and at the airport next day will be taking Legal advice with the intention of claiming against BSI . The ticket refund and free tickets isn't enough. Anyway will the give me free tickets to a gp of my chose to the value of my ticket for germany. I had start line tickets and payed a lot of money for them. The whole thing is a disgrace and all who were affected need to rally together and get what we deserve.

I completely sympathise with those that made the journey only to be disappointed, but it's like any rained-off meeting in the UK, you'll get your refund for the tickets or validated tickets, but there's no compensation for traveling costs.

It's a risk you take with our sport; we all know there is a possibility of meetings being cancelled at the last minute.