British Speedway Forum

I completely sympathise with those that made the journey only to be disappointed, but it's like any rained-off meeting in the UK, you'll get your refund for the tickets or validated tickets, but there's no compensation for traveling costs.

It's a risk you take with our sport; we all know there is a possibility of meetings being cancelled at the last minute.

But I decided to go to Germany because it was an indoor stadium with less chance of getting cancelled

But I decided to go to Germany because it was an indoor stadium with less chance of getting cancelled

Less chance, not no chance, unfortunately.

Like I said, though, I do sympathise and if I was in the same boat I'd be very peed off, too.

I received a letter in the post today from Paul Bellamy giving details on how to receive a refund which will be paid by latest 11th November and also a form to claim free tickets for next year with a choice of Gothenburg, Copenhagen or Cardiff. Form needs to be returned to BSI by 14th November.

As Leanne says there is no chance of people getting any travel or accomodation costs back.

The amount of football and speedway matches/meetings I have been to over the years that have been called off on arrival are legion but I certainly wouldn't expect any obligation for any costs other than my ticket back.

It's the gamble you take when you travel x amount of miles for an event be it sporting, music, whatever.

I completely sympathise with those that made the journey only to be disappointed, but it's like any rained-off meeting in the UK, you'll get your refund for the tickets or validated tickets, but there's no compensation for traveling costs.

It's a risk you take with our sport; we all know there is a possibility of meetings being cancelled at the last minute.

Sorry but did anyone tell you that it was a meeting held indoors . The weather dosn't come into play here. The reason it was called off was that the shale was left outside uncovered the day before it was to be laid and it rained. They had 3-4 days to sort it out but didn't. You obviously didn't travel beacuse you wouldn't have this opinion. We the people who made the trip were not cosidered at all. The 3 meetings in the gp series you shouldn't need to worry about the weather is Cardiff, Denmark and Germany. I understand what you are saying but you are in a very small minoraty. sorry

I don't think the weather is even a consideration in this case, as quoted on the other thread loads of other reasons to call off this meeting. None of them to do with the weather. :angry:

IT WAS NOT RAINED OFF!,I WAS IN THE STADIUM ON THE THURSDAY AFTERNOON AND IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT UNLESS THEY TOOK THE DIRT OUT OF THE STADIUM AND LAID IT OUT IN THE PARKING AREA WHERE THE RIDERS HAD PARKED THERE VANS(AN AREA ABOUT THE SIZE OF TWO FOOTBALL PITCHES,PLENTY OF ROOM)AND ONLY 500MTS FROM THE TRACK, IT WAS NEVER GOING TO DRY OUT.THE WEATHER IN GELSENKIRCHEN AT THAT TIME WAS WARM AND SUNNY.PEOPLE WALKING AROUND IN TEE SHIRTS,I TOOK MY COAT OFF AS I WAS SWEATING WITH IT ON.THIS MEETING WAS NOT CALLED OFF BECAUSE OF AN ACT OF GOD(ALTHOUGH MR OLSEN SOME TIMES THINKS HE IS NOW SOME WHERE NEAR AT THAT LEVEL)NEVER SAW A PROGRAM IN 4 DAYS,GOT SEAT TICKETS [PRINTED] FRONT ROW BLOCK (P)FRIDAY!.MY 9th SGP THIS YEAR.8 LAST YEAR,FOLLOWED SPEEDWAY SINCE 1960.NOT STUPID EITHER.LEGAL ADVICE BEING SOUGHT NOW.

IT WAS NOT RAINED OFF!,I WAS IN THE STADIUM ON THE THURSDAY AFTERNOON AND IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT UNLESS THEY TOOK THE DIRT OUT OF THE STADIUM AND LAID IT OUT IN THE PARKING AREA WHERE THE RIDERS HAD PARKED THERE VANS(AN AREA ABOUT THE SIZE OF TWO FOOTBALL PITCHES,PLENTY OF ROOM)AND ONLY 500MTS FROM THE TRACK, IT WAS NEVER GOING TO DRY OUT.THE WEATHER IN GELSENKIRCHEN AT THAT TIME WAS WARM AND SUNNY.PEOPLE WALKING AROUND IN TEE SHIRTS,I TOOK MY COAT OFF AS I WAS SWEATING WITH IT ON.THIS MEETING WAS NOT CALLED OFF BECAUSE OF AN ACT OF GOD(ALTHOUGH MR OLSEN SOME TIMES THINKS HE IS NOW SOME WHERE NEAR AT THAT LEVEL)NEVER SAW A PROGRAM IN 4 DAYS,GOT SEAT TICKETS [PRINTED] FRONT ROW BLOCK (P)FRIDAY!.MY 9th SGP THIS YEAR.8 LAST YEAR,FOLLOWED SPEEDWAY SINCE 1960.NOT STUPID EITHER.LEGAL ADVICE BEING SOUGHT NOW.

If one could find a quote from a high ranking BSI employee saying -that the beauty of the indoor tracks is that one can travel knowing that the meeting isnt going to be affected by the weather-would help enormously in any legal action

If the free ticket offer is only for Gothenburg, Copenhagen or Cardiff, what about those of us who already have their Cardiff tickets and are very wary of venturing abroad again after being let down twice in seven overseas GP's.

I may mellow over time but the shock of hearing that the GP was cancelled while waiting at Dusseldorf station made you swear that you would never go to another foriegn GP.

Hmmm. :rolleyes:

No need to shout, my dear!

I never said the meeting was rained off, I understand that it wasn't - I'm not stupid either.

I can understand your anger, but I feel you're directing it at the wrong people.

Numerous things happen in speedway for meetings to be called off - or, for that matter, in any sport. There's a thread in the speedway general discussions section about unusual postponements.

I'm just saying, it's a fact of life in sport. Surely there are worse things going on in the world to get so wound up about?!

:rolleyes:

I never said the meeting was rained off, I understand that it wasn't - I'm not stupid either.

I can understand your anger, but I feel you're directing it at the wrong people.

Numerous things happen in speedway for meetings to be called off - or, for that matter, in any sport. There's a thread in the speedway general discussions section about unusual postponements.

I'm just saying, it's a fact of life in sport. Surely there are worse things going on in the world to get so wound up about?!

If the free ticket offer is only for Gothenburg, Copenhagen or Cardiff, what about those of us who already have their Cardiff tickets and are very wary of venturing abroad again after being let down twice in seven overseas GP's.

I may mellow over time but the shock of hearing that the GP was cancelled while waiting at Dusseldorf station made you swear that you would never go to another foriegn GP.

Unfortunate avatar you have there.

On our last trip to a GP, in Bydgoszch last month, on the sunday morning after as we made our way to the City Hotel to link up with the trip to the GP qualifier, we saw a figure lurking behind a tree having a cigarette, as if in hiding. On closer inspection after a second look it turned out to be said Ole Olsen, prehaps he was getting some practice in. :lol: