British Speedway Forum

NOT SHOUTING/ CAPS LOCK DOING AN OLSEN/ GO TO VETLINS ARENA WEB SITE, THIS STADIUM CAN DO EVERYTHING BAR TURN ITSELF INSIDE OUT/ ROOF OPENS FLOOR GOES OUT INTO THE CAR PARK/SPECIAL AIR VENTILATION SYSTEM/ 2003 STAGED THREE DIFFERENT EVENTS IN 96 HRS ./WORTH THE MONEY JUST TO WATCH THE PITCH BEING MOVED OUTSIDE/DIRT DELIVERED MONDAY SO 5 DAYS TO GET IT RIGHT THEN.I WAS NEARLEY BEATEN UP BY A GROUP OF POLES 2PM SAT WHEN I TOLD THEM THAT IT WAS CANCELLED AS WE WALKED ACCROSS THE CAR PARK BACK TO THE HOTEL THEY THOUGHT I WAS TAKING THE P,,,.A GROUP OF LAKESIDE SUPPORTERS ARRIVED CHECKED INTO THE HOTEL AT 5PM SAT.AT 530PM THEY CAME DOWN FROM THERE ROOM ALL DRESSED IN THERE ENGLAND SHIRTS CAPS ECT,AND STARTED WALKING OFF TO THE STADIUM,I RAN OUT OF THE HOTEL LOBBY AND CALLED THEM BACK, IF YOU COULD HAVE SEEN THE LOOK ON THERE FACES WHEN I GAVE THEM THE BAD NEWS.THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE WAS UNBELIEVABLE.MR OLSEN RETURNED TO THE HOTEL AT ABOUT 530PM COLLECTED HIS EVENING MEAL FROM THE RESTURANT ON A TRAY AND WENT UP TO HIS ROOM.NEXT SEEN AGAIN CHECKING OUT AT 1230SUN.A LAKESIDE SUPPORTER DID TRY TO SPEEK TO HIM AS HE LEFT BUT HE BRUSHED HIM ASIDE,JUMPED INTO HIS BMW AND RODE OFF INTO THE DISTANCE.THIS E/MAIL REALLY CAN NOT DISCRIBE THE CHAOS THAT WAS HAPPENING AROUND THE STADIUM AND HOTEL AS PEOPLE ARRIVED FROM ALL OVER EUROPE AT TEA TIME ON SATURDAY.I HAVE CONTACTED IMG ,SPG ECT BUT AS OF YET HAVE HEARD NOTHING.THERE STATEMENT IS TRYING TO IMPLY INCLEMENT WEATHER AS THE CAUSE,I THINK NOT.A FAILURE TO SEE THE STATE OF THE DIRT WHEN IT WAS DELIVERED WITH A 20PC PLUS WATER CONTENT WHEN IT SHOULD BE NEARER 5PC,IT WAS NEVER GOING TO DRY OUT IN TIME.SO ON TOP OF THE 700GBP I AM OUT OF POCKET,

I NOW HAVE TO BUY A NEW KEYBOARD,GREAT, IT NEVER RAINS BUT IT POURS,SORRY THAT WAS,NT FUNNY

THERE STATEMENT IS TRYING TO IMPLY INCLEMENT WEATHER AS THE CAUSE,I THINK NOT.A FAILURE TO SEE THE STATE OF THE DIRT WHEN IT WAS DELIVERED WITH A 20PC PLUS WATER CONTENT WHEN IT SHOULD BE NEARER 5PC

So that was the time when they started negotiations with Bydgoszcz then I suspect, why the hell didn't they cancel the bleeding meeting then so the fans could cancel their flights and hotels, might have still been out of pocket but at least no quite so much so. No integrity IMG/BSI .............

So that was the time when they started negotiations with Bydgoszcz then I suspect, why the hell didn't they cancel the bleeding meeting then so the fans could cancel their flights and hotels, might have still been out of pocket but at least no quite so much so. No integrity IMG/BSI .............

Nothing wrong with bsi, the problem is ole olsen. The man has no shame and in his own mind is always right. If he were my employee he would of been sacked.

Problem for bsi is he has his fingers in to many pies. Pity its not and electric socket :lol:

Nothing wrong with bsi, the problem is ole olsen. The man has no shame and in his own mind is always right. If he were my employee he would of been sacked.

Problem for bsi is he has his fingers in to many pies. Pity its not and electric socket :lol:

Correct the man has to go immediately the last race has finished on saturday.

The whole problem seems to me that no matter how many things came together to make the track building imposible, why would Olsen or IMG or BSI not bother about the state of the shale before hand. Why could they not have had it covered or at least employed someone to keep an eye on things, surely the shale is one of the most important for any GP.

Why are the BSI only offering a free ticket to to three of the named venues for next year, surely they could have let the fans have a ticket for any of the GP series.

What about the fans who travelled without tickets knowing that they would be able to purchase on the day. What gesture of good will is being offered to them.

Why did they have to have Bydgoszcz for this week, it would no doubt have been better for all concerned to have a little more time to be able to plan things.

If one could find a quote from a high ranking BSI employee saying -that the beauty of the indoor tracks is that one can travel knowing that the meeting isnt going to be affected by the weather-would help enormously in any legal action

I recall when cardiff was first mentioned, postlethwaite was smirking on sky stating that the weather couldn't spoil it. Is this why the organisers have kept very quiet? In this claims culture we now live in, if they said "yes, we were negligent" then they could be sued, i'm no legal man, but somebody somewhere has to have been negligent for this to happen, could the organisers silence be hiding something?

Why are the BSI only offering a free ticket to to three of the named venues for next year, surely they could have let the fans have a ticket for any of the GP series.

It's because BSI they don't promote the other GPs themselves. Those are licensed to local promoters who pay BSI a fee for the privilege, but who then get to keep the gate and programme money. They'd therefore no doubt expect to be compensated by BSI for those fans they let in for free.

Am I the only person who finds it ironic that IMG are still advertising tickets for the Gelsenkirchen GP on the Speedway GP Website?!?!

No, the website is pretty poor at the best of times, and there's barely even a mention of the cancelled GP mixed in amongst other trivial news items. Piss poor really.

The BSI corporate website is also pretty superficial and hasn't been updated in yonks either.

Am I the only person who finds it ironic that IMG are still advertising tickets for the Gelsenkirchen GP on the Speedway GP Website?!?!

http://www.speedwayworld.tv/german2008/

Not really, thats not the main page. go to the m,ain site its advertising the Final GP 2008 but if you go to the german2008 page it does!, same with Cardiff2008.

not only did we have a cancelled meeting then to top the weekend off a treat our plane was cancelled, unlike no information at the stadium ryan air sorted us out a flight from frankfurt only a 4 hour coach trip from dusseldorf lol! But on the plus side still had a brill weekend met loads of people and actually felt quite jolly after a few vodkas.

Less chance, not no chance, unfortunately.

Like I said, though, I do sympathise and if I was in the same boat I'd be very peed off, too.

can any one confirm what's to people who have already got their cardiff ticket and can not go to the other two GP's? Are they just leaving me out? if you have any email addresses so i can contact them that'll be great

Hi Andy, if you go onto Speedway World TV and click on corperate you get a contact box for e-mails. I have tried them twice without a reply, usually they answere but not this time yet.