British Speedway Forum

nobody paid for their services at BSI/IMG

Well one does wonder...

Having a bit of time on my hands this morning, I had a little dig around and what interesting things I discovered (amazing what you can find on the Internet :wink:). I certainly think I've found the reason why Postlethwaite sold out to IMG anyway.

BSI appears to have made a big loss in 2006, nearly GBP 650K. Some of this appears to be attributable to other ventures (including Reading speedway), but the SGP itself also appears to have lost a substantial amount. Looking ahead as well, income (presumably from television, sponsorship and other rights) was also projected to be lower than the payments due to the FIM.

However, the plot thickens as mention is made of a significant transfer of money to a company called Cardwonder, where a certain J.A. Postlethwaite is described as the ultimate controlling party. What on earth do they I wondered, but then I discovered this... http://www.gazettesonline.co.uk/ViewGazett...stissuecount=10 ;)

But at this moment in time the urgent need to bend is with the British Elite League, not with BSI.

It would appear Crump shares that sentiment

British promoters have for many years attempted to combat the problem of falling crowds by simply putting up admission for the remainder, rather than look at the reasons fans were deserting in the first place, ultimately, when the threshold of value for money is exeeded by more and more fans there will be no way out for the sport in this country. We are perilously close to, if not actually past that point now

Should only be a couple of weeks before this prediction comes true

If British Promoters got their house in order and worked in harmony with the GP, initially by adopting Mondays & Thursdays as race days, actually promote the sport, use the 3 hours of free prime time advertising they get every other Saturday, set admission at a level where fans would attend, implement a points limit that allowed for year on year strengthening rather than continual weakening, maybe the fans would come back.

But you can bet your sorry ass they will continue in the style of King Canute

As you say in the long term both the GP and Elite League probably depend on each other for survival

Unfortunately the Elite League promoters seem oblivious to this

Apologies for quoting, and agreeing with, myself, its just the first sentence is particularly apt in view of Crumps decision to abandon ship

Edited by Jeff.

Apologies for quoting, and agreeing with, myself, its just the first sentence is particularly apt in view of Crumps decision to abandon ship

Crump is approaching the end of his career, and probably wants a quieter time. Possibly Belle Vue have also told him that the current economic climate (in speedway and in general) that he can't expect the same deal next season, so he's just thought the BEL isn't worth it anymore.

Quitting to 'concentrate on the SGP' is undoubtedly an excuse, as that certainly can't be as rewarding as even the BEL. At the end of the day though, the BEL has to cut its cloth according to what it can afford. How on earth can it bend over any more for the SGP anyway, which itself doesn't appear to be as rosy as many seem to think.

Crump is approaching the end of his career, and probably wants a quieter time. Possibly Belle Vue have also told him that the current economic climate (in speedway and in general) that he can't expect the same deal next season, so he's just thought the BEL isn't worth it anymore.

Quitting to 'concentrate on the SGP' is undoubtedly an excuse, as that certainly can't be as rewarding as even the BEL. At the end of the day though, the BEL has to cut its cloth according to what it can afford. How on earth can it bend over any more for the SGP anyway, which itself doesn't appear to be as rosy as many seem to think.

Top riders dont need the BEL. B)

I wouldn't apologize its a very logical post IMO

Top riders dont need the BEL. B)

I really hope that doesn't include Hans. :neutral:

I really hope that doesn't include Hans. :neutral:

I have a sneaky suspicion that it does, who of the top 8 will that leave in the Elite League, Adams & AJ.

Has anyone got their money back from See Tickets already ?

Has anyone got their money back from See Tickets already ?

No I have just chased see tickets and still no information on the "Goodwill Tickets" Have had three or four emails ignored by BSI so guess I have been totally riped off, I was going to take in four or five GP next year but think better off not supporting them in light.

If anyone knows how I can get some of my 1500€ I spent getting to Germany back then I would be grateful, some people mentioned legal action is that possible?

I still haven't got my money from See Tickets so I emailed them yesterday (as the BSI website says that refunds from See Tickets should come back into accounts until Oct 31st...).

:angry:

Had an email from seetickets today saying that have been struggling to refund to my card and I need to contact them, don't know why there would be a problem but will ring them tomorrow.

QUOTE (Rob B @ Nov 6 2008, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Had an email from seetickets today saying that have been struggling to refund to my card and I need to contact them, don't know why there would be a problem but will ring them tomorrow.

Once had a similar problem with a cancelled hotel booking. They could not get the refund back on my UK credit card, had to have the amount refunded into my Spanish bank account. Never did find out the problem though

Yep same problem they couldn't refund to my credit card so have given them my maestro card and they said refund will be in the next couple of days.

QUOTE (Rob B @ Nov 7 2008, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep same problem they couldn't refund to my credit card so have given them my maestro card and they said refund will be in the next couple of days.

Have you Rob or anyone else got a refund from See ticket yet i have not all i am getting is false promises as are my friends from Coventry i think in the morning i will have to take it further the only thing i have managed to get out of them is the £4.60 postage that it cost to send the tickets back to them