British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NJC71

Individual - Newcastle

A very poor meeting in difficult conditions with an easy win for Jason Doyle. I think all but about three or four of the races were won from gate 4.

I can understand the difficulties in arranging a metting like this and had the field included Howe, Woffinden and Schlien as it would have done without an EL match being re-arranged for today it would have been a very different story.

I am absolutely not one to criticise the promotion as it's a thankless task they do but the one thing that does annoy me is the lack of communication to the fans. For example there was no word that Kenni Larsen wouldn't be riding, presumably because it may have put people off attending, but that just creates mis-trust and the feeling that you've been a bit conned. As a constructive criticism I think the line-up should be published regardless so at least fans can make their own decision on whether to attend or not. If you don't publish the line-up then only the die-hards will attend anyway. At least that way you wouldn't feel a bit cheated although I'm sure that wasn't the intention.

Anyway rant over, a truely awful season has ended so let's hope George and Darryl can put together a good side for 2009. Hope the stories I was hearing about Kenni possibly not being in the team because of some sort of apprentership in Denmark aren't true and he will be back.

Lineup

J Franc - 2,1,2,3,2 = 10

L Dicken - 0,0,0,0,1 = 1

J Branney - 1,2,1,0,NS = 4

C Henry - 3,2,2,1,3 = 11

T Leverington - 2,2,3,0,2 = 9

J King - R,3,R,1,0 = 4

L Complin - 3,0,1,3,2= 9

J Hart - 1,1,0,2,0 = 4

C Wilkinson - 1,3,3,2,1 = 10

J Doyle - 2,3,3,3,3 = 14

C Branney - 0,1,0,3,1 = 5

M Makovsky - 3,1,2,1,2 = 9

Final Contested between

Franc (Red)

Henry (Blue)

Wilkinson (Green)

Doyle (Yellow)

Result = Doyle, Wilkinson, Henry, Franc

Doyle tapes to flag victory, Franc pulled out after 1st couple of bends.

THis was a poor lineup to finish a poor season and in my opinion a poor way to finish the season. Very few good races tonight and the poor weather caused its problems as well. Crowd was low but that may have been down to fans not knowing what the lineup was.

Still got to see some speedway even if I did freeze my a**e off, roll on 2009. Just got the Silver Helmet left to go too.

What the hell was Pepe doing having a go at Lee Dicken in the pits after heat 15 ? what a clown.

What the hell was Pepe doing having a go at Lee Dicken in the pits after heat 15 ? what a clown.

Bit of a catchweight contest that . Mind you they have previous , last season Big Lee chased Pepe across the grass at Ashfield . :lol:

Bit of a catchweight contest that . Mind you they have previous , last season Big Lee chased Pepe across the grass at Ashfield . :lol:

Albeit slowly. :lol::lol:

:blink::blink:

This meeting pretty summed up 2008 at Brough Park. It certainly didn't live up to the expectations placed on it a few weeks ago.

Given that Darryl let slip a while ago that an EL rider had approached him about a 2009 place and as David Howe was scheduled to appear, two and two are being put together in my head. Any Diamonds fans have opinions on the likelehood of this and also our desire for it to happen?

For the record, I would be delighted as I think he would be a massive points scorer in the PL.

A very poor meeting in difficult conditions with an easy win for Jason Doyle. I think all but about three or four of the races were won from gate 4.

I can understand the difficulties in arranging a metting like this and had the field included Howe, Woffinden and Schlien as it would have done without an EL match being re-arranged for today it would have been a very different story.

I am absolutely not one to criticise the promotion as it's a thankless task they do but the one thing that does annoy me is the lack of communication to the fans. For example there was no word that Kenni Larsen wouldn't be riding, presumably because it may have put people off attending, but that just creates mis-trust and the feeling that you've been a bit conned. As a constructive criticism I think the line-up should be published regardless so at least fans can make their own decision on whether to attend or not. If you don't publish the line-up then only the die-hards will attend anyway. At least that way you wouldn't feel a bit cheated although I'm sure that wasn't the intention.

Anyway rant over, a truely awful season has ended so let's hope George and Darryl can put together a good side for 2009. Hope the stories I was hearing about Kenni possibly not being in the team because of some sort of apprentership in Denmark aren't true and he will be back.

Given that Darryl let slip a while ago that an EL rider had approached him about a 2009 place and as David Howe was scheduled to appear, two and two are being put together in my head. Any Diamonds fans have opinions on the likelehood of this and also our desire for it to happen?

For the record, I would be delighted as I think he would be a massive points scorer in the PL.

I think he would be a good signing for the Diamonds and we may be able to help each other out. A year in the PL for Howe might get his career back on track and he might help the Diamonds get back at the top of the league. :blink::blink:

I have also heard Morten Risager name mentioned as well :unsure::unsure:

Not a great way to finish the season but the meeting was done and just hope for a more enjoyable 2009.