Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NJC71

Individual - Newcastle

IMO This is ridiculous its now just over 19 hours & still not got the full line up for this meeting this is now 3 meetings running where they have done this this promotion needs a good shake up IMO

As we once again look a BIG JOKE :rolleyes:

Edited by mike7164

this is a joke for the fans that pay money every week to come and watch speedway and still no full line up hope they do not wish for a big crowd as this is not going to happen thanks newcastle speedway for let us fans no what is going on and who is riding what a joke

Doesn't help when you keep publicising it though, does it ?

No fair point but we are all intitled to our views are we not?

You certainly are Mike. I cancelled my registration on the Bears Forum because if you don't toe the party line you get shouted down and it get's a bit tiring.

However, i don't think it does the club any good having people constantly running them down and complaining.

If you think it's frustrating not knowing who's riding imagine how frustrating it is to spend all day on the phone ringing riders only to be told sorry but i'm injured/riding elsewhere/not available/going back to oz etc...etc...

If the Nctle promotion where sitting on their a**e then i could understand, but i am sure that is definately not the case.

You'll be there regardless Mike :wink::wink::wink:

You'll be there regardless Mike :wink::wink::wink:

Of course I will Pking if the good old weather holds up :approve:

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

However, i don't think it does the club any good having people constantly running them down and complaining.

If you think it's frustrating not knowing who's riding imagine how frustrating it is to spend all day on the phone ringing riders only to be told sorry but i'm injured/riding elsewhere/not available/going back to oz etc...etc...If the Nctle promotion where sitting on their a**e then i could understand, but i am sure that is definately not the case.

Probably one of the most sensible (and absolutely factually correct) posts I've ever seen on here.

I know for a fact that George English has had what can probably described as the mother of all nightmare weeks, and the comments you make (pking) about the riders and the telephone calls are spot on. Only difference being it's not been just all day, it's been all day every day.

Everyone at Newcastle knows we've had an absolutely diabolical season where so many things have gone wrong. They've gone wrong already, the season's about over, and there's nothing to be achieved by moaning and complaining now. I totally understand and appreciate fans being annoyed with things, I'm in the same boat - as are the promoters - but to be honest I seriously think people need to remember that so much goes on behind the scenes that the public don't know about. The promoters (of any club) don't go spouting off and complaining on forums when riders drop them in it or pull out from events, or leave them high and dry, and I really don't think - as pking says - it does anyone any good to throw all of their efforts (which this week have been considerable...) back in their faces.

Tonight is the last match and then we've got nothing until March next year (probably even later than that with the weather!) so hows about just burying the bad times for one day, put the past behind us, and let's enjoy the match. Regardless of who's riding, it's our last chance to see speedway action live at Newcastle for 6 or 7 months. We're not doing live updates tonight (woo hoo!) so I'm certainly gunna be there - enjoying it - freezing to death in the pits and hoping that my little friend from St John Ambulance is reading this and gets me another coffee !!

Come on people, let's have a good night and just enjoy it, eh? :neutral:

Then you can all get off the promoter's backs and onto mine, wanting to know who's up next on the live chats... (I'm already onto it!) :lol:

Shame it wont be a great lineup as we dont even know who the last few riders are but if there is some good racing i will be happy.

IMO This is ridiculous its now just over 19 hours & still not got the full line up for this meeting this is now 3 meetings running where they have done this this promotion needs a good shake up IMO

As we once again look a BIG JOKE :rolleyes:

apparently Mike (and this is from an unofficial source) line up will include Wilko Leverington Dicken Complin both Branneys 7 Diamonds Machovsky and a possible unknown Dane

any more news yet or do we just turn up and see who is there

And who isn't

[quote name='seedef27' date='Oct 19 2008, 03:45 PM' post='this is from an unofficial source line up will include Wilko Leverington Dicken Complin both Branneys 7 Diamonds Machovsky and a possible unknown Dane

apparently Mike (and this is from an unofficial source) line up will include Wilko Leverington Dicken Complin both Branneys 7 Diamonds Machovsky and a possible unknown Dane

7 Diamonds? There aren't 7 Diamonds fit is there?

We will just have to see who is in it (and how many) when we get there.