British Speedway Forum

Not yet...announcements to start shortly I believe. Think some of the names mentioned as being invited so far include Billy Janniro, Matej Zagar, Adam Skornicki and Magnus Zetterstrom in the the 'champions' theme.

Edited by rabbit

Wonder if the meeting would still have been called "The champions of champions" if Gollob & Jonsson had won their respective national titles instead of 2 riders who were contracted to Poole for the season. :P

We shall never know Wacks..I'm more intrigued to know where the other 12 are going to come from. :unsure:

We shall never know Wacks..I'm more intrigued to know where the other 12 are going to come from. :unsure:

Me too Rabbit as to be honest the first four mentioned are hardly inspiring to the neutral.

Tom brown must be on the list with Andrew Tully and the irish champion Rick o'shea

Tom brown must be on the list with Andrew Tully and the irish champion Rick o'shea

And the Malaysian champion...And Andrew Bargh, and Byron Bekker!

Looks awesome :D

And the Malaysian champion...And Andrew Bargh, and Byron Bekker!

Looks awesome :D

Seeing it's at xmas no doubt the champion rider from turkey will get an invite ?

Hope Mando is invited, being 12 times Italian champion he is the ultimate champion of champions. :D

Actually, I'd be more inclined to make the trip down to Dorset to watch Castagna than I would Nikki Pedersen in this meeting.

Not yet...announcements to start shortly I believe. Think some of the names mentioned as being invited so far include Billy Janniro, Matej Zagar, Adam Skornicki and Magnus Zetterstrom in the the 'champions' theme.

Rabs - Im doubt Billy J will be there.

At Coventry dinner dance tonight his girlfirend spoke about going over to the States next week for 3 months. So unless Billy plans on coming back over to the UK and leaving her in America it looks like he is a no - goer.

Unless of course he is planning such a trip. You never know with the sober -one!!! :wink:

Didn't they say Saifutidinov and Gizatullin were invited too?May be hard to convince Nicki P etc to disturb their winter break unless sheds loads of cash is on offer, and that seems a risky business startegy when the weather could easily scupper the meeting or deter people from travelling.

I guess Scott and Tai are 2 obvious champions to add to the list if they are around.

Seeing it's at xmas no doubt the champion rider from turkey will get an invite ?

Pretty sure he`d gobble up the opportunity :rolleyes::neutral::lol:

I seem to recall the other champions could include the Polish U21 team ( did they win it?). Going to be an interesting lineup and whilst the likes of Nicki Pedersen won't likely be there, ( unless he wants to do some competitive bike testing) the lineup should be exciting enough to want to venture out on a cold winter Sunday afternoon. Only 9 weeks until we find oout.