British Speedway Forum

Who said that I had no intention of coming? I might like soggy mince pies! :D

If there are 1 or 2 Robins in action then I could well be tempted. Nnetheless the fact that the goalposts are moving already in terms of participants doesn't augur well. :rolleyes:

When has Matt ford put together a poor lineup for an individual?

Being in the middle of winter it must be very hard to attract riders such as Nicki Pedersen away from their sunbeds, and if it was called The Champions Of champions and NP wasn't there is would be a silly thing to call it.

The lineup will be announced shortly so I guess we will see for ourselves who is riding.

When has Matt ford put together a poor lineup for an individual?

Being in the middle of winter it must be very hard to attract riders such as Nicki Pedersen away from their sunbeds, and if it was called The Champions Of champions and NP wasn't there is would be a silly thing to call it.

The lineup will be announced shortly so I guess we will see for ourselves who is riding.

So in other words nicki p told ford he won't do the meeting and now it's called the cold turkey classic .

For a minute there Sue, I thought you'd be asking for a texter! :lol:

Ahhh now that comes in a few weeks.......

Cold Turkey Classic? :unsure:

Looks like Frank Smart and Danny Bird are the first 2 riders on the list. :D

If I owned a Sat Nav I'd be typing in Poole's postcode in preparation.

Who cares what the line-up is?

Just how is it an issue with work permits?

i seem to remember Matt managed to get Sajfutdinov over last year and who else needs a work permit? Holder not there Janniro not there, so that's erm, yeah. Who needed a work permit?

Or did Matt realise having a meeting where Adam Skornicki and Magnus Zetterstrom are your start attractions with Mattia Carpenesse as one of the other possibles it was looking like a steaming pile o' poo? Kevin Wolbert doesnt exactly set the pulses racing either does it?

Far better to just pick 16 similar standard riders who you knwo will give it some even if it is a bit wet. Say what you like about Newport NYC but Tim generally managed (pretty much always after the first few) to find a full line up who would ride in any conditions and some times they truly where bad. 2000 was absolutely soaking wet but was still a great meeting.

Oh dear! it's seems Captain Bluebeard is falling on his sword already :lol::wink:

Edited by colincooke

Oh dear! it's seems Captain Bluebeard is falling on his sword already :lol::wink:

Is it you this time CC or has some else logged in under your name again? :rolleyes::lol:

Is it you this time CC or has some else logged in under your name again?

:lol::shock:

Honestly Steve, it matters not to me who\'s at the show, i will be there. :wink:

Do ya think i could enter as the champion of............ no maybe not :D

Edited by colincooke

Honestly Steve, it matters not to me who\'s at the show, i will be there. :wink:

Champion of delivering lightbulbs :lol:

Its not a champions meeting anymore, so you could be the only champion there!

Its not a champions meeting anymore, so you could be the only champion there!

Now re-named THE NEW YEAR CLASSIC (where have I heard that name before :rolleyes: )

IN MEMORY OF TIM STONE.

Now re-named THE NEW YEAR CLASSIC (where have I heard that name before :rolleyes: )

IN MEMORY OF TIM STONE.

I knew it would be seen my way eventually. :approve::wink: