British Speedway Forum

Now re-named THE NEW YEAR CLASSIC (where have I heard that name before :rolleyes: )

IN MEMORY OF TIM STONE.

Sssh! You'll start all the newport fans off again! :wink: Or even worse CC! :shock: Oops too late....

Sssh! You'll start all the newport fans off again! :wink: Or even worse CC! :shock: Oops too late....

It's a great gesture Lisa.

It's a great gesture Lisa.

Yes it is. Its just some people are never satisfied, so i'm off to put some cotton wool in my ears before the moaning starts! :wink:

Now re-named THE NEW YEAR CLASSIC (where have I heard that name before :rolleyes: )

IN MEMORY OF TIM STONE.

Seriously,now,is that the new name of the meeting?

Seriously,now,is that the new name of the meeting?

That is what it is being advertised as on the poole website

That is what it is being advertised as on the poole website

Could be worth going with a lot of the NYC regulars who are prepared to race for Tim in any weather to give supporters a meet.

Just think the logistics and probably the wage demands of some of those who were on the invite list probably had something to do with it. IMO it was never going to be that realistic an idea when you started listing 'champions' and aligning it with those who'd actually want a mid-season meeting in the first place.

What is sad about this is, that now the Poole promotion cannot get the champions together they need another draw to recruit riders and get the fans in.

So as an afterthought they have chosen to make it a new year Classic in Memory.

Does anyone know if the profits of the meeting are going to a charity that Tim would have liked or to Tims beloved Newport or any other good cause.

I think I would have preffered the first meeting in Tims memory to be held at Newport if Im honest where riders that were important to Tim would go back home to ride.

I am trying to stay neutral about this but the Poole promotion are not helping their own cause

Any meeting held in the memory of Tim Stone should be held at Newport. What most people don't realise is that the people that supported Newport over the years have not had the opportunity to pay a minutes silence to him like other tracks have. The New Year Classic was an individual meeting run by Tim Stone at Newport.

Any meeting held in the memory of Tim Stone should be held at Newport. What most people don't realise is that the people that supported Newport over the years have not had the opportunity to pay a minutes silence to him like other tracks have. The New Year Classic was an individual meeting run by Tim Stone at Newport.

I wholeheartedly agree with Tanya - is it possible at this time to transfer this meeting to Newport where it obviously belongs?Poole are not doing themselves any favours in this matter.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Sandie. The profits will go to a worthy cause, Poole Speedway to keep the club running in the black. Can't get better than that in these harsh times.

Fans moaned when the Chapions Of Champions was named, saying it was a disgrace and what about Tim Stone memorial etc. now Poole have done that ( They could have called it anything) more fans moan! It's absolutely ridiculous.

Newport fans will I am sure have every opportunity to pay a minutes solience to Tim Stone when newport opens its doors in March for their first meeting. Or they coould organise a coach and come down to Poole on the 4th january to pay their respects, as I am sure there will be a minutes silence for Tim at Poole.

What is sad about this is, that now the Poole promotion cannot get the champions together they need another draw to recruit riders and get the fans in.

Does anyone know if the profits of the meeting are going to a charity that Tim would have liked or to Tims beloved Newport or any other good cause.

I think I would have preffered the first meeting in Tims memory to be held at Newport if Im honest where riders that were important to Tim would go back home to ride.

I am trying to stay neutral about this but the Poole promotion are not helping their own cause

Fine words young sandra ........... call the meeting the tim stone classic after the champion of champions falls by the way side and then pocket the money .

If any profit is not going to tims family all indeed a charity then it's a poor show .

Fair enough, i do actually agree to an extent. But i think people are trying to make it more of an issue than it actually is.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Sandie. The profits will go to a worthy cause, Poole Speedway to keep the club running in the black. Can't get better than that in these harsh times.

Fans moaned when the Chapions Of Champions was named, saying it was a disgrace and what about Tim Stone memorial etc. now Poole have done that ( They could have called it anything) more fans moan! It's absolutely ridiculous.

Newport fans will I am sure have every opportunity to pay a minutes solience to Tim Stone when newport opens its doors in March for their first meeting. Or they coould organise a coach and come down to Poole on the 4th january to pay their respects, as I am sure there will be a minutes silence for Tim at Poole.

The meeting being held at Newport to start them off in a new era and help keep them out of the red would have been a more worthy cause.

Maybe Matty boy can redeem himself slightly, go without the goose & pheasant this Christmas and make a generous donation to the British Heart Foundation from the profits of the meeting - all of course in memory of Tim Stone.