Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

thought you were going down for this one! What happened, couldnt you find your thermal underpants!!!! :lol:

Man flu... and with my favourite Bee in attendance as well! :cry:

Man flu... and with my favourite Bee in attendance as well! :cry:

Man flu and missing the number 1 bee fan ........a bad day indeed seb :neutral:

Guest Babe619

Well Done Ben

Even though I'm now deaf in one ear from 2 screaming Coventry fans on the phone :P

I just had a text from Pints or Points saying that, "The credit crunch has finally hit Poole speedway - the budget obviously doesn't stretch far enough to buy any shale". :blink:

It's extremely dusty by all accounts. I wonder if the track staff realised that Bjarne isn't riding today? :unsure:

Yes it was a dustbowl, but before people blame the track staff, it was announced that the riders requested no water put down, but either way it was a cracker of a meeting, well done ben barker, comiserations to Skornicki, lost it in the last lap, but went through the meeting unbeaten, all riders looked good like they could win it

There was plenty of dirt.Just couldnt water it,as the track surface was frozen.

Was there dust?....yes plenty of it.

Was there a blue groove....yes,there was.

Was there some cracking racing.....yes,plenty of it.No quarter asked or given.

Was there a good crowd.......yes there was.

Was it cold?....yes it was,but definitely warmer than Sittingbourne!

Was it the right result....possibly.Ben looked out of control most of the time,probably scared the s**t out of opponents.

Jankowski was the star of the show for me.Totally unexpected performance.Looked classy.

All riders wearing the Red and White Buccaneers race jackets.

Re-admission tickets were for Bournemouth Speedway!....so that looks a goer then!!

On the way home there was a light flurry of snow!!

Great to meet up with so many folk from other tracks.

A very enjoyable day out.

Edited by BobC

Jankowski was the star of the show for me.Totally unexpected performance.Looked classy.

Lucascz is a quality Rider , Just had major bad luck with a VERY bad Shoulder/Collar Bone injury last year , EXCELLENT to see him score well , Just wonder now if Belle Vue have plans for him , I think if he dropped Poland (!) he could double up and do PL , (He`s on a 4pt average) Now that would keep him busy , OR maybe that was why he was down Dorset today ............ delivering his CV on the Track !

Well done Jankers.

Lucky

Well having now thawed myself out what can I say? What a great meeting! Brilliant racing all afternoon from a very even field. Star man Skornicki was clearly the best rider on display but fell asleep on the final lap of the final and allowed a 50 metre lead to disappear in three quarts of a lap. Bet he was kicking himself on that one. Really silly of him.

A very good crowd turned up with fans from all over the country. Saw Mildenhall, Kings lynn, Coventry, plymouth, Somerset, Stoke, Peterborough, Reading, Wolverhampton, Redcar, Exeter, Swindon and of course Poole fans in attendance and I should think nearly all clubs were represented by fans.

On entering the stadium I noticed the track was bone dry, but having asked about it, the riders didn't want any water put down. It was so cold it could have frozen the surface. Understandable for them as the track was extremely smooth. But it didn't affect the racing at all with some brilliant heats throughout the whole meeting.

Star of the show was adam Skornicki who was dominant throughout except for the last lap of the final. Other riders of note were ben barker, who is erratic in the extreme but fun to watch, Jankowski, who really should be picked up, and bridger who made a real t*t of himself in his final heat which blew him out of the final due to stupid riding.

Noteworthy of a mention are Frampton, who after a poor first ride rode superbly to take some scalps, Piczsz, who looks like a great signing for Poole away meetings, and Kennett, who perhaps should have done better overall due to his track experience.

I doubt anyone left the stadium disapointed with racing like that. Now to start a campaign to keep the NYC at Poole in 2010!

;):P

Well having now thawed myself out what can I say? What a great meeting! Brilliant racing all afternoon from a very even field. Star man Skornicki was clearly the best rider on display but fell asleep on the final lap of the final and allowed a 50 metre lead to disappear in three quarts of a lap. Bet he was kicking himself on that one. Really silly of him.

A very good crowd turned up with fans from all over the country. Saw Mildenhall, Kings lynn, Coventry, plymouth, Somerset, Stoke, Peterborough, Reading, Wolverhampton, Redcar, Exeter, Swindon and of course Poole fans in attendance and I should think nearly all clubs were represented by fans.

On entering the stadium I noticed the track was bone dry, but having asked about it, the riders didn't want any water put down. It was so cold it could have frozen the surface. Understandable for them as the track was extremely smooth. But it didn't affect the racing at all with some brilliant heats throughout the whole meeting.

Star of the show was adam Skornicki who was dominant throughout except for the last lap of the final. Other riders of note were ben barker, who is erratic in the extreme but fun to watch, Jankowski, who really should be picked up, and bridger who made a real t*t of himself in his final heat which blew him out of the final due to stupid riding.

Noteworthy of a mention are Frampton, who after a poor first ride rode superbly to take some scalps, Piczsz, who looks like a great signing for Poole away meetings, and Kennett, who perhaps should have done better overall due to his track experience.

I doubt anyone left the stadium disapointed with racing like that. Now to start a campaign to keep the NYC at Poole in 2010!

You forgot to mention eastbourne. Who do you think was cheering for Bridger. :wink:

Cracking meeting!

What a cracking way to break up the winter. Even better when our star man did the business on the last bend in the final :D

Barker was superb. His pass on Kennett in heat 4, his race with Brdiger in 8 and then his cool head in the final race to capitalise on Skornickis mistake were all well worth the admission money :D

Bridger. WTF? I thought that he might actually be able to change his attitude but no, clearly not. Ater already wildly diving under Robson, lost his head after being repassed by him, and then decided to go one step further and plough into him. Yet he had the audacity to complain about Ben's move on him? :blink: Thoroughly enjoyed him being passed by Frampton, and Barker, and being excluded for diving wildly at a gap that was far smaller than he seemed to allow for.

Skornicki was superb all afternoon. Very unlucky not to win, but just drifted off the 2nd bend groove. Still a great backstraight and last bend from Barker to pull it off though, but Skornicki was still technically the best rider on show.

Yes the track was slick and dusty, but it doesn't stop it being the best NYC I've been to for a few years. Well done to the Poole promotion on a very good meeting + line-up :approve:

Also worth mentioning that Mr. Shovlar, after intiailly supporting Skornicki, was well in Mr. Barkers camp by the time the final came around :D

You must be a wind up merchant. I dare say Mr Ford made his nice little earner, now it should go back to the club who took the inital risk, and whos idea it was.