British Speedway Forum

How did the crowd today compare to a regular league match?

Reckon you could compare it to a table-topping clash - a Poole v Swindon type crowd. Was certainly comparable with our better crowds of last season I'd think. Good 2,500+ from my amateur reckoning...

How did the crowd today compare to a regular league match?

Difficult to answer because there were probably a lot more people in the indoor grandstand than normal. There were some empty seats in the grandstand but those people were probably inside. My guess is a little less than a normal league meeting, but not by much. Others may disagree.

Hes a cov rider so he is Representing cov.

The riders were representing themselves. But going by your theory who was kennett representing?

The riders were representing themselves. But going by your theory who was kennett representing?

I agree, the idea of an individual is that you represent yourself, surely. The only exception to that would be the ELRC/PLRC/CLRC in my opinion, where you are representing your British League Club.

He wasn't riding for coventry today, sorry! The trophy belongs to ben not coventry. A bees fan desperate to call any trophy theirs or what!

I agree, the idea of an individual is that you represent yourself, surely. The only exception to that would be the ELRC/PLRC/CLRC in my opinion, where you are representing your British League Club.

Okay. So when Mark Loram won the World Championship whilst riding for Poole he was just representing himself. Strange that Lisa thought differently in her post yesterday. :wink:

Edited to put the quote in because the page has turned over.

Edited by Gemini

Okay. So when Mark Loram won the World Championship whilst riding for Poole he was just representing himself. Strange that Lisa thought differently in her post yesterday. :wink:

He was riding for poole, but he wasn't representing poole in the WC.

She quickly changed her mind regarding Joe Screen too :P

Did i? :unsure:

He was riding for poole, but he wasn't representing poole in the WC.

:blink:

Okay - I concede defeat because I don't know what I am arguing about. :lol:

The World Championship/ GP's are individual not for the club, although Mark won the WC when riding for Poole he still won it for himself. Lisa is right.

A very enjoyable day out. I thought the racing was good and a very sensible idea to keep the track devoid of water.

Decent crowd, I expected to see a few more on a bright and very crisp day though!

The meeting was pushed through at a sensible pace and the riders were committed and although I didn't particularly like the guy, hats off to young Benji.

My only gripe about Poole is the bloke who did the annoucing, so boring and bland. Jeeze all this "I believe he has 7 points" stuff, so mundane.

The World Championship/ GP's are individual not for the club, although Mark won the WC when riding for Poole he still won it for himself. Lisa is right.

This is not said enough! :wink:

Can anyone help me please?

One reserve was Karl Mason at Poole yesterday (no. 17); does anyone know who the other (no. 18) reserve was?

Thanks in advance!!

Pretty sure it was Brendan Johnson

Edited by lisa-colette

It wasn't Brendan - he was practising at Newport. I can vouch for the fact it was Matt.