Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

I know a few of my fellow Poolites aren't overly impressed at the moment, but so far there's a good smattering of young, exciting Brits who ride Poole well. As long as the standard remains equal with this lot, it has the potential to be an entertaining afternoon.

Totally agree Rabbit, looks a decent field of pretty equally matched riders, if the remainder are of similiar ability/quality it should all add up to an good afternoons racing :approve: .

Totally agree Rabbit, looks a decent field of pretty equally matched riders, if the remainder are of similiar ability/quality it should all add up to an good afternoons racing :approve: .

Not if it rains :approve:

Not if it rains :approve:

That is a bit low there Dave.

Im not happy with the way this whole thing has been handled but I would never wish rain on the event.

That is a bit low there Dave.

Im not happy with the way this whole thing has been handled but I would never wish rain on the event.

TBH hearing what matt said tonight as he did talk about this meeting, i think i'm gonna take his word over anyone one's on here.

TBH hearing what matt said tonight as he did talk about this meeting, i think i'm gonna take his word over anyone one's on here.

well as I wasnt there I can only comment on what I have already been told, heard or read.

If you want to tell us what he said to allow us to amend our opinion then please feel free.

well as I wasnt there I can only comment on what I have already been told, heard or read.

If you want to tell us what he said to allow us to amend our opinion then please feel free.

I have got such a thumping headache i would rather not do it but the main points were when he did mention tim stone he got a bit emotional about it - you could just tell in his voice. So all this stealing it from tim and disrespecting him is a bit out of order as they were good friends.

Also he mentioned 5 other clubs were interested in having it but only poole applied for it in the end. Poole applied for it in september. Also that it is costing a lot of money just to run it.

Those were the main points.

I have got such a thumping headache i would rather not do it but the main points were when he did mention tim stone he got a bit emotional about it - you could just tell in his voice. So all this stealing it from tim and disrespecting him is a bit out of order as they were good friends.

Also he mentioned 5 other clubs were interested in having it but only poole applied for it in the end. Poole applied for it in september. Also that it is costing a lot of money just to run it.

Those were the main points.

Thanks for that Lisa.

I had also heard it was expensive but that is what goes along with an out of season licence apparently.

Your licence apparently needs to take into account all the appropriate insurances as any speedway insurance for riders etc only runs from March to end Oct.

Any club doing an out of season meet would have that same outlay.

As for the rest - I cant vouch for how close the two were and it really isnt worth digging up old ground so I will just wait and see the rest of the line and whether any money is going to a cause associated with Tim Stone before making my own decision to attend or not.

Individual choices.

Thanks again and I hope the headache clears up quickly - more lemonade with it next time!! :lol:

Thanks for that Lisa.

I had also heard it was expensive but that is what goes along with an out of season licence apparently.

Your licence apparently needs to take into account all the appropriate insurances as any speedway insurance for riders etc only runs from March to end Oct.

Any club doing an out of season meet would have that same outlay.

As for the rest - I cant vouch for how close the two were and it really isnt worth digging up old ground so I will just wait and see the rest of the line and whether any money is going to a cause associated with Tim Stone before making my own decision to attend or not.

Individual choices.

Thanks again and I hope the headache clears up quickly - more lemonade with it next time!! :lol:

I only had one drink!! :lol: and i'm not sure putting lemonade in a blue wkd is a good idea! :wink:

Rumour has it the Japanese speedway on concrete champion Kanu Sukalajwun is going to come over and show off his skills.

At least you wont need to remove much shale

Well as you have no intention of coming why moan about it? :rolleyes:

I am sure those that do attend will be treated to a great afternoons entertainment no matter who is in the lineup.

even better if it was at Newport

Judging by your answer to my first quote, it seems you have!!!

Kanu Sukalagwun

Can You Suck a large one.

Yes you can!

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Sunday January 4th,at 3pm