British Speedway Forum
asturmer

Shawn Moran, Down And Out In Beverley Hills?

Guest Steve Dixon

Was there that day, good meeting capped with a great run off, P.C. v Kelly.

I can confirm that thankfully both Kelly and Shawn are still alive, I wont say they are well because a lot of the speculation about drink problems are sadly true, Shawn is currently living with his mom in a place called adelanto and Kelly is currently in San Diego. The accident that Shawn was involved in was about 2 years ago when he flipped a dune buggy and it landed on his arm badly breaking it to the extent where they thought it would have to be amputated, fortunatley this wasnt the case but Shawn had no feeling in the arm for a long time and even now he only has about 45% grip. Its all very sad that two of the greatest entertainers ever should end up this way.

I do have an address for Kathy Moran in Adelanto, California. She is linked to a Shawn and a Kelly Moran through Public Records. there are about 5 Moran addresses in Adelanto which I think is a small desert town.

If anyone emails me I can supply this address although I am not 100% sure its Shawns mum.(95% certain though)

I believe at least 2 of the addresses in the town are relatives. You can obtain this info from White Pages Adelanto, California.

If anyone can confirm Shawns mums name then we have an address to which we can send lots of Christmas cards and goodwill messages to Shawn and his family, reminding Shawn of how we are still thinking of him, and I am sure that would be a positive move, but I,m not doing anything until I receive feed back from you people, -- out there!

I do have an address for Kathy Moran in Adelanto, California. She is linked to a Shawn and a Kelly Moran through Public Records. there are about 5 Moran addresses in Adelanto which I think is a small desert town.

If anyone emails me I can supply this address although I am not 100% sure its Shawns mum.(95% certain though)

I believe at least 2 of the addresses in the town are relatives. You can obtain this info from White Pages Adelanto, California.

If anyone can confirm Shawns mums name then we have an address to which we can send lots of Christmas cards and goodwill messages to Shawn and his family, reminding Shawn of how we are still thinking of him, and I am sure that would be a positive move, but I,m not doing anything until I receive feed back from you people, -- out there!

I have spoken to a good friend of Kellys who inturn spoke to the jelly man and told him people over here were asking about his welfare, he doesnt have a problem if anyone wants to write to him, I dont think its a good idea to post his address on here but if anyone would like to contact kelly just give me a pm and i will let you have his address.

I have been watching this thread for a few days now. Is it actually been confirmed that Shawn Moran is in such a predicament as been stated?

If so (just thinking out loud now) is there not something we can do collectively to help the guy. If a fund was raised or something - I would willingly contribute.

yes i couldnt agree more as you know i raise a lot of money for the srbf and no way would i contribute to a shawn moran fund after all no one done it for soren sjosten ken mckinlay ron johnston or jack young all of whom had similar problems sorry shawn no way

yes i couldnt agree more as you know i raise a lot of money for the srbf and no way would i contribute to a shawn moran fund after all no one done it for soren sjosten ken mckinlay ron johnston or jack young all of whom had similar problems sorry shawn no way

Let me first of all congratulate you on raising money for the Benevolent Fund - a worthy cause. I can't see there's anything benelovent about starting to list ex-riders who have had problems of this type though. I hope no one else adds to it.

Let me first of all congratulate you on raising money for the Benevolent Fund - a worthy cause. I can't see there's anything benelovent about starting to list ex-riders who have had problems of this type though. I hope no one else adds to it.

Why? those riders all had well documented problems, ignoring it doesn't make it not true.

Personally, although I too would not contribute to any fund, it saddens me that the Morans ended up like they have.

The pair of them lived for today, ignoring tomorrow, and however sad this scenario was entirely predictable

I think that a fund could and should be set up if people want to contribute, but it needs to be set up sensibly and used wisely and constructively.

At moment all we know is that Shawn has problems, but how bad those problems are we do not know exactly what his problems are, for example is he working, can he work, if he has problems does he wanted help to get off the alcohol.

I know that I sound very practible , but I think that if a fund is to be set up, it needs to be spent on get Shawn through his problems, and at the end of the day it is up to Shawn to proof to people that he wants this, I hop that he would.

Why?

Just a matter of common decency. Nothing more.

I agree Ian. The start of this thread was kind hearted. It turned into judgement day. It wasnt intended to drag anybody through the mud. If a person wants to judge another, look at themselves first. I know I cant with a clear conscience. I cant do it, Personally, I am just pleased they graced speedway with their presence, warts and all. Good luck to them. Some people have a different view on what success in life is all about. i prefer to judge all of em, by what they gave to me as a gift. memories that will live inside of us. Next ya know, Ronnie Wood or Keith Richards will be brought up in the same vein. How do you put a price on the first time you heard "Midnight Rambler" by the Stones? Whatever happens, it sticks with ya. Raise the main, four hours out into your two week destination and crank up "Let it Bleed" Cd and then judge them. No brainer. no way..:wink:

I agree Ian. The start of this thread was kind hearted. It turned into judgement day. It wasnt intended to drag anybody through the mud. If a person wants to judge another, look at themselves first. I know I cant with a clear conscience. I cant do it, Personally, I am just pleased they graced speedway with their presence, warts and all. Good luck to them. Some people have a different view on what success in life is all about. i prefer to judge all of em, by what they gave to me as a gift. memories that will live inside of us. Next ya know, Ronnie Wood or Keith Richards will be brought up in the same vein. How do you put a price on the first time you heard "Midnight Rambler" by the Stones? Whatever happens, it sticks with ya. Raise the main, four hours out into your two week destination and crank up "Let it Bleed" Cd and then judge them. No brainer. no way..:wink:

You might be right there Sandman, I think that is the problem with forums thinks do tend to go a bit deep.

thanks for the great memories, and sorry to hear if you are having difficult times at the moment, and best of luck for the future, is adequate. i dont mean to be on a soapbox, but dammit, if you Shawn, or Kelly is reading this, Thank You for the pleasure of watching you race. :wink: