British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Andy Galvin

Sad news indeed. Must have been class A gear and lots of it as he is banged up in Brixton which is one of the top prisons in the country. Would have thought if it was minor stuff he would have been in one of the Kent nicks as thats where he lives.

I know a geezer who works there as a screw so will ask him whats going on. Having worked in prisons on the admin side what usually happens is that people get into financial trouble and get into the wrong crowd e.g. drug dealers and get offered good money by the dealers on picking up the smack and delivering it to other dealers or the users themselves. Sounds like Andy was a courier and was caught en route delivering the drugs must have been cocaine and heroin to another dealer. Stupid mistake as he is now paying the price and will defo get a few years inside. Under the prison rules though he will be entitled to home leave so will prob be at Lakeside watching a meeting sometime!!!

Edited by Vincent Vega

Certainly wasn't a criticism of Backtrack, Tony, more an implied criticism of Speedway Star, where I expect to read the latest news - did they suppress the story? Or maybe I just missed it?

Perhaps coz he's on remand (and so not yet faced trial...) that the news is considered perhaps not appropriate at this stage for the Star..?

Not that unusual for the media not to cover a story like this until the trial and its outcome... :neutral:

This forum is ever so slightly two faced, no? If it was Joe Bloggs moving drugs about that your nearest and dearest may purchase for an evening's entertainment you would be wanting them hung up from the nearest lamppost.

An old favourite speedway rider and it's more or less sympathy, internet hugs and hope he gets his life sorted out. :shock:

An old favourite speedway rider and it's more or less sympathy, internet hugs and hope he gets his life sorted out. :shock:

Personally, I am really sorry to hear this news, and feel great sympathy for Andy.

I send him big internet hugs and hope he gets his life sorted soon ;)

This forum is ever so slightly two faced, no? If it was Joe Bloggs moving drugs about that your nearest and dearest may purchase for an evening's entertainment you would be wanting them hung up from the nearest lamppost.

I quite agree with your sentiments. However, he is still on remand which I believe means that he has not yet come up for trial and therefore has not been proven guilty. If he is, then I'd want him strung up by his danglies, like I would any person found guilty of the same charges.

And TBH the 2-facedness of the forum is what makes it...um...interesting! :wink:

Sad news indeed. Must have been class A gear and lots of it as he is banged up in Brixton which is one of the top prisons in the country. Would have thought if it was minor stuff he would have been in one of the Kent nicks as thats where he lives.

I know a geezer who works there as a screw so will ask him whats going on. Having worked in prisons on the admin side what usually happens is that people get into financial trouble and get into the wrong crowd e.g. drug dealers and get offered good money by the dealers on picking up the smack and delivering it to other dealers or the users themselves. Sounds like Andy was a courier and was caught en route delivering the drugs must have been cocaine and heroin to another dealer. Stupid mistake as he is now paying the price and will defo get a few years inside. Under the prison rules though he will be entitled to home leave so will prob be at Lakeside watching a meeting sometime!!!

Has he been tried in a court of law yet? Has he appeared before judge and jury? Perhaps this is yet another case of guilty before being proven innocent.

Anyone remember Lewis Bridger? I seem to recollect him appearing before certain members of this forum under similar circumstances.

Personally, I am really sorry to hear this news, and feel great sympathy for Andy.

I send him big internet hugs and hope he gets his life sorted soon ;)

Ah Henry, you must stop watching that Andy Galvin highlights DVD through the rose tinted glasses. He may well have been a very naughty boy. :rolleyes:

Sounds like another ex rider going down the wrong road of alternative employment like Michael Lee & Mark Courtney!!

Have you not got anything better to do with your time than to write about my dad. your just sad!!!

Galvin was never the brightest bulb in the box! :rolleyes:

You obviously are not that bright spending your time with nothing better to do than write about my dad!!

Have you not got anything better to do with your time than to write about my dad. your just sad!!!

You obviously are not that bright spending your time with nothing better to do than write about my dad!!

Well said Cortney!

There are some sad people on here who take pleasure in kicking a man while he's down. Please don't let what they say upset you. Fortunately they are in a small minority, most of us are ordinary decent people.

Like I said in my post your dad has not been tried on any charge. So unless he is found guilty by a jury in a court of law he is as innocent as you are.

This is a matter for the Galvin family and no-one else I feel. Sadly because your dad was once a well known rider he's easy meat for those small minded people.

You are obviously a loyal and loving daughter and I admire you for coming on here and so vigorously defending your dad.

I hope he is cleared of all charges and is soon back home with you and the rest of the family.

Kind regards Cortney,

Ron.

Cortney I was one of your dads biggest fans brilliant speedway rider for Hackney and done a good job at Arena aswell. I was just commenting on what I had read previously on this thread. Most of us on here would love it if when the trial comes he gets found innocent. Just saying that having worked in Brixton prison they dont put people in there for minor crimes.

Well said Cortney!

There are some sad people on here who take pleasure in kicking a man while he's down. Please don't let what they say upset you. Fortunately they are in a small minority, most of us are ordinary decent people.

Like I said in my post your dad has not been tried on any charge. So unless he is found guilty by a jury in a court of law he is as innocent as you are.

This is a matter for the Galvin family and no-one else I feel. Sadly because your dad was once a well known rider he's easy meat for those small minded people.

You are obviously a loyal and loving daughter and I admire you for coming on here and so vigorously defending your dad.

I hope he is cleared of all charges and is soon back home with you and the rest of the family.

Kind regards Cortney,

Ron.

Thank you! i just dont like people talking about him in that way. i appreciate your comments they mean alot to me.

i understand people are talking about this situation, so i hope from now on some of the people on here keep the horrible remarks to themselves or at least put it somewhere our family cant read them!!

Thanks again

xxxxx

Thank you! i just dont like people talking about him in that way. i appreciate your comments they mean alot to me.

i understand people are talking about this situation, so i hope from now on some of the people on here keep the horrible remarks to themselves or at least put it somewhere our family cant read them!!

Thanks again

xxxxx

Good for you, for standing up for your Dad Cortney.

As for those that seem to want to have a pop at a lot of riders, promoters

and fans on this forum, Think on.

People DO read this forum from those mentioned above, including family

members, some of whom are youngsters.

I have just been onto the Elite League section, where once again, the usual

suspects are letting rip at people. YOU don't like it being done to you, which

is blatantly obvious by the responses, so don't do it to others.

This entire forum has gone to Hell In a Handcart in recent months and its

starting to become a big joke worldwide.

No-one minds a bit of banter between rival fans, but there are far too many

so called fans attacking posters etc on here just because they can. It's

like its become a sport for those that do it and some are of an age where

they should know a lot better, some are at an age, where we could make

the excuse that they don't know any better and might get better with age, but

my view is, if you have the ability to sign up for a forum, read and write and

submit posts, you have enough intelligence to NOT resort to the childishness

we keep witnessing.

Regarding Andy Galvin, or any other persons awaiting a trial etc, its a fact

that British law says you are INNOCENT until proven guilty.

Good for you, for standing up for your Dad Cortney.

As for those that seem to want to have a pop at a lot of riders, promoters

and fans on this forum, Think on.

People DO read this forum from those mentioned above, including family

members, some of whom are youngsters.

I have just been onto the Elite League section, where once again, the usual

suspects are letting rip at people. YOU don't like it being done to you, which

is blatantly obvious by the responses, so don't do it to others.

This entire forum has gone to Hell In a Handcart in recent months and its

starting to become a big joke worldwide.

No-one minds a bit of banter between rival fans, but there are far too many

so called fans attacking posters etc on here just because they can. It's

like its become a sport for those that do it and some are of an age where

they should know a lot better, some are at an age, where we could make

the excuse that they don't know any better and might get better with age, but

my view is, if you have the ability to sign up for a forum, read and write and

submit posts, you have enough intelligence to NOT resort to the childishness

we keep witnessing.

Regarding Andy Galvin, or any other persons awaiting a trial etc, its a fact

that British law says you are INNOCENT until proven guilty.

I think the that the insensitive comments made on this forum regarding Andy are harmful to the status of this forum.

maybe the moderator has to exercise more control over what is posted other wise it will become a forum to avoid.

I knew Andy and his father many years go, [i left england in 1982,] they were both dedicated speedway folk, i do not think that anyones downfall should become a public issue to the extent this has become

what do they say

There for the grace of God go I

Cortney, good on you for supporting your dad.

tony

Think any story to do with a current or ex speedway rider is worthy of discussion.It is the speculation of what Galvin did and what sentence he should expect that is in bad taste ala VV :rolleyes: