British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Andy Galvin

I know the trouble Andy Galvin has got himself into must be painful for his son and his family, but they also must realise that he was a very successful speedway rider so its enevitable that once his troubles became common knowledge, it would be talked about on this forum!

Edited by 25yearfan

Think any story to do with a current or ex speedway rider is worthy of discussion.It is the speculation of what Galvin did and what sentence he should expect that is in bad taste ala VV :rolleyes:

I know the trouble Andy Galvin has got himself into must be painful for his son and his family, but they also must realise that he was a very successful speedway so its enevitable that once his troubles became common knowledge, it would be talked about on this forum!

As I said in my earlier contribution on this topic, this is entirely a matter for the Galvin family. I note the change in tone by some contributors. However, my feelings have not changed. Whatever, the FACTS of Andy's situation further discussion could hurt Cortney and the rest of her family.

I urge someone on the moderating team to immediately close this thread and any more that may be opened on the subject of Mr Galvin - other than on his activity as an active speedway rider.

Mod Note: There is no reason for this thread to be closed, it is a public matter in the public domain

I urge someone on the moderating team to immediately close this thread and any more that may be opened on the subject of Mr Galvin - other than on his activity as an active speedway rider.[/b]

So are you also saying that any threads covering current events, general discussions and other non current speedway issues should also be closed?

As I said in my earlier contribution on this topic, this is entirely a matter for the Galvin family. I note the change in tone by some contributors. However, my feelings have not changed. Whatever, the FACTS of Andy's situation further discussion could hurt Cortney and the rest of her family.

I urge someone on the moderating team to immediately close this thread and any more that may be opened on the subject of Mr Galvin - other than on his activity as an active speedway rider.

Ron, this is a speedway discussion forum. Therefore we're free to discuss Andy Galvin's situation, which is a topic relating to a former rider. If members of his family are not comfortable with this, then they don't have to come onto this forum - nobody has forced them. It's called free speech. It's as simple as that.

All the best

Rob

[ I urge someone on the moderating team to immediately close this thread and any more that may be opened on the subject of Mr Galvin - other than on his activity as an active speedway rider.[/b]

Quite right, and while we're at it lets shut down Backtrack who printed the story, and prosecute Malcolm Simmons who wrote it!

So much for free speech and democracy!!

Get real. The lives of sportsmen are discussed and debated throughout all aspects of the media, which is as it should be. Speedway is not a special case, nor is any particular rider or official.

Personally I hope that Andy has been found not guilty - or maybe he has already?

Cortney I was one of your dads biggest fans brilliant speedway rider for Hackney and done a good job at Arena aswell. I was just commenting on what I had read previously on this thread. Most of us on here would love it if when the trial comes he gets found innocent. Just saying that having worked in Brixton prison they dont put people in there for minor crimes.

You've changed ya tune since Cortney arrived on here Vega :lol: It's about time someone told you to STFU!!!!!! :approve:

What a surprise Shazz sticks the boot in. You know I was one of Galvinis biggest fans. All I said was having worked in Brixton prison the prisoners that are in that establishment on remand like Andy is are usually in there for serious offences e.g. what Simmo said in backtrack drugs courier. Brixton is one of the top nicks in the country so it stands to reason the gear must have been class A.

Not saying anymore on the incident ANDY GALVIN IS INNOCENT gonna chalk that up on the walkway by the pits at Lakeside.

Ron, this is a speedway discussion forum. Therefore we're free to discuss Andy Galvin's situation, which is a topic relating to a former rider. If members of his family are not comfortable with this, then they don't have to come onto this forum - nobody has forced them. It's called free speech. It's as simple as that.

All the best

Rob

I disagree in this case Rob. I am a great advocate of 'Freedom of Speech' myself - BUT - thought and consideration should be part of the RIGHT to say what you wish as well. With 'Freedom of Speech' comes the RESPONSIBILITY to try to ensure that no-one is hurt by your remarks. In this case, as I understand it, Andy has not even been Tried yet - whatever happened to the old adage of INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty.

Just my thoughts on this issue..........................

I disagree in this case Rob. I am a great advocate of 'Freedom of Speech' myself - BUT - thought and consideration should be part of the RIGHT to say what you wish as well. With 'Freedom of Speech' comes the RESPONSIBILITY to try to ensure that no-one is hurt by your remarks. In this case, as I understand it, Andy has not even been Tried yet - whatever happened to the old adage of INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty.

Thoughts with which I agree, Ian. Sadly, there appear to be many people who interpret the concept of free speech as a licence to say whatever they wish regardless of the hurt or damage they may cause to others.

What a surprise Shazz sticks the boot in. You know I was one of Galvinis biggest fans. All I said was having worked in Brixton prison the prisoners that are in that establishment on remand like Andy is are usually in there for serious offences e.g. what Simmo said in backtrack drugs courier. Brixton is one of the top nicks in the country so it stands to reason the gear must have been class A.

Not saying anymore on the incident ANDY GALVIN IS INNOCENT gonna chalk that up on the walkway by the pits at Lakeside.

Yeah and you know I'll stick the boot in on you for this one ...... Andy was never a favourite of mine ontrack (he rode for the opposition) but offtrack we had a few good nights out with the Canterbury crowd! ...... I see your original post saying you had a friend somewhere or other that could find out information with regard to Andy and whats happening with him has conveniently been removed, luckily for you there are only a handful of people that know what you look like else you'd be hiding all season with your comments!!!!

Never forget though Vega I KNOW what you look like .... so as they used to say on the tv., .............. KEEP 'EM PEELED!!!! :approve:

Yeah and you know I'll stick the boot in on you for this one ...... Andy was never a favourite of mine ontrack (he rode for the opposition) but offtrack we had a few good nights out with the Canterbury crowd! ...... I see your original post saying you had a friend somewhere or other that could find out information with regard to Andy and whats happening with him has conveniently been removed, luckily for you there are only a handful of people that know what you look like else you'd be hiding all season with your comments!!!!

Never forget though Vega I KNOW what you look like .... so as they used to say on the tv., .............. KEEP 'EM PEELED!!!! :approve:

Threats! I hope only in jest... :unsure:

Threats! I hope only in jest... :unsure:

No he knows I'll thump him! :lol::approve:

And who has said he is guilty? :rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

And who has said he is guilty? :rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

errrrrr Vincent Vega hinted at it! but conveniently his posting has been deleted.

Shazz

I really hope he aint guilty. But just for you I will repeat myself they do NOT put people on remand in Brixton prison for minor crimes.

Why do I have to watch my back I aint got nothing to do with what Andy unfortunately got involved with. All I did was comment about the crime cos I know what Brixton prison is like having worked there and what sort of offences they apparantly commit.

VV