Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
oleoleole

When Is "the Time"?

Lost a lot of money but i will still go to all the g.p.

It hardly seems that long ago that you were wondering whether to change your sporting sponsorships after the Harris nomination.

It hardly seems that long ago that you were wondering whether to change your sporting sponsorships after the Harris nomination.

i will be at the g.p but did i say as a sponsor, no i didnt.

The whole thing was a disgrace. It was known well before the Saturday that the German GP was never going to happen. They have got away with it all absolutely scott free in my eyes. Crumpy half complained but not really. I would like to have seen Nikki's reaction had he not had such a commanding lead at the time.. The only one who really kicked up was Greg.

Having gone all the way to Germany for no reason at the cost of at least 500 per person, I'm still seething that no one has given me a decent explanation for the turn of events.

I emailed Nicola Sands at BSI, I said I knew it wasn't her that was personally responsible for the cancelation, but as hers was the only email on the website, could she give me an explanation.. She basically didnt at all, just apologised. The whole thing stinks and the "good will gesture" of a ticket for next year is just not sufficient in my opinion.

I would probably still go to a few of the GP's next year, I wouldn't want to cut my nose off to spite my face, even though I am very P'd off with the whole thing. However Im now in Tokyo so it's not an issue!

The whole thing was a disgrace. It was known well before the Saturday that the German GP was never going to happen. They have got away with it all absolutely scott free in my eyes. Crumpy half complained but not really. I would like to have seen Nikki's reaction had he not had such a commanding lead at the time.. The only one who really kicked up was Greg.

Having gone all the way to Germany for no reason at the cost of at least 500 per person, I'm still seething that no one has given me a decent explanation for the turn of events.

I emailed Nicola Sands at BSI, I said I knew it wasn't her that was personally responsible for the cancelation, but as hers was the only email on the website, could she give me an explanation.. She basically didnt at all, just apologised. The whole thing stinks and the "good will gesture" of a ticket for next year is just not sufficient in my opinion.

I would probably still go to a few of the GP's next year, I wouldn't want to cut my nose off to spite my face, even though I am very P'd off with the whole thing. However Im now in Tokyo so it's not an issue!

I'll have your free tickets if you don't want them! :lol:

I'll have your free tickets if you don't want them! :lol:

Me first :P

With all respect, we know you're pretty well off and indeed well done for investing money back into speedway.

But surely it is the ordinary supporters who were hit by the Gelsenkirchen fiasco. £400-£500 is a LOT of money to most people.

There needs to be some sort of action taken against what happened in Gelsenkirchen. The buck has to stop somewhere. I would suggest it's with the GP Race Director and therefore Olsen must lose his job.

All the best

Rob

With all respect, we know you're pretty well off and indeed well done for investing money back into speedway.

But surely it is the ordinary supporters who were hit by the Gelsenkirchen fiasco. £400-£500 is a LOT of money to most people.

There needs to be some sort of action taken against what happened in Gelsenkirchen. The buck has to stop somewhere. I would suggest it's with the GP Race Director and therefore Olsen must lose his job.

All the best

Rob

B)

All the best

Rob

Did Len Silver lose his job preparing the Wembley track after 1975, (an even bigger farce than Germany by the way) of course not, truth was he was still the best person for the job and learning from past mistakes went on to produce two of the best ever world final tracks

There's now surely no doubt that Olsen's reputation for being responsible for laying temporary tracks lays in tatters.

4 temporary tracks this year saw 2 downright dangerous (Ullevi & Cardiff), 1 really good (Copenhagen), and 1 that just didn't happen. A strike rate of just 25% isn't good enough.

My wife and I like to have a weekend away per year (a break from the kids !), it's usually been Bydgoszcz but this year we decided to do the Czech Golden Helmet weekend instead as somewhere and something new, with a hotel in Copenhagen booked for the GP in '09 as it's a GP we've never done.

As soon as Gelsenkirchen was cancelled we scratched our weekend in Copenhagen, despite that track being fine this year, what gaurantee do we have that the track will be up for it next year ?

BSI must know that they've gone backwards in terms of building temporary tracks, and with just 3 next year they must know that 1 more **** up and it'll be the end of them.

Say practice at Cardiff next year serves up a dangerous track, and the riders revolt as they came close to this year, then the jewel in their expensive crown will be totally tarnished.

Did Len Silver lose his job preparing the Wembley track after 1975, (an even bigger farce than Germany by the way) of course not, truth was he was still the best person for the job and learning from past mistakes went on to produce two of the best ever world final tracks

But i'm sick of seeing the same old story with watching bloody slick racing.

Tbh, Gollob barley has an advantage at Bydgoszcz because the track is set up so slick & differently compared to 'the norm' its pretty much a different track :unsure:

I would love to see someone Like Castagna or Penhall, or someone thats made it in the sport, however that aren't exactly interested in favouring their own...

And Olsen clearly favours the danes, and he prefers slick tracks, he always sets them up. Although he doesn't do the grading etc, he tells all the track staff to set it up like that.

Please someone get rid of olsen!!!

Its also coming to the stage where, its not becoming 'boring racing' on the slick tracks set up by olsen... its getting to the stage of 'DANGEROUS RACING!!!'

Although we've already crossed the mark after the Cardiff & Ullevi

Womble

Edited by WimbledonDon

Its also coming to the stage where, its not becoming 'boring racing' on the slick tracks set up by olsen... its getting to the stage of 'DANGEROUS RACING!!!'

Perhaps Olsen thinks it adds to the "entertainment" ...................

time to forget i think. everyone knows ole is to blame, get over it.

So no management accountability whatsoever then? :rolleyes: I guess that the next time my office lift falls down its shaft, I should simply blame the technician then? :wink:

I emailed Nicola Sands at BSI, I said I knew it wasn't her that was personally responsible for the cancelation, but as hers was the only email on the website, could she give me an explanation.. She basically didnt at all, just apologised.

To be honest though, what did you expect? They're not going to tell you anything beyond what they're already said, particularly if there's a potential of opening themselves up to compensation claims.

And why isn't Nicola Sands responsible? She's a fairly senior person responsible for the organisation of GPs isn't she? :unsure:

You're comparing apples and oranges again. A World Final was an annual one-off event, staged in Britain once every few years. By contrast, Olsen prepares 11 tracks (even more if you include the SWC) every season, so has far less excuse for stuffing up than Len Silver.

You're comparing apples and oranges again. A World Final was an annual one-off event, staged in Britain once every few years. By contrast, Olsen prepares 11 tracks (even more if you include the SWC) every season, so has far less excuse for stuffing up than Len Silver.

Was Len not promoting in the league at that time then?