British Speedway Forum
IAN2

High Beech 2009

There's absolutely no reason why some sort of commemoration can't be held at High Beech (or Beach..who knows?) as close to the actual date in February as possible, but for me just for the sake of access PWP has to be the place to hold some sort of event every year.

I have just returned from the latest Speedway Museum Committee meeting and we have decided to hold the 2010 Celebration of Speedway at the Museum again. It will be on 21 February.

Following the amount of positive feedback we had after this year's event it was felt it would be in everyone's interests, stall holders and visitors, to hold it at the Museum again rather than High Beech.

I will give more details nearer to the event, but it is hoped it will be at least as big as last year and hopefully bigger. It will probably also include the official opening of the new extension to the Museum.

I have just returned from the latest Speedway Museum Committee meeting and we have decided to hold the 2010 Celebration of Speedway at the Museum again. It will be on 21 February.

Following the amount of positive feedback we had after this year's event it was felt it would be in everyone's interests, stall holders and visitors, to hold it at the Museum again rather than High Beech.

I will give more details nearer to the event, but it is hoped it will be at least as big as last year and hopefully bigger. It will probably also include the official opening of the new extension to the Museum.

Oh dear, that's gonna upset a few people ..... Not me though, I much preferred the accessibility of the museum site.

Excellent news - the ideal venue. We'll be there!

well i've enjoyed going to both venues. i'm just glad us southern based fans and collectors have somewhere to go to get us warmed up for the new season.

My little one will be pleased if we get free admission to the park again!!

I appreciate your views Harry but as has been said if we didn't have the Speedway Museum in Paradise Wildlife Park we probably wouldn't have one at all.

I also appreciate your views about High Beech, though there is nothing to stop anyone else organising an event there. However, as the event and entry to the Museum will be free on 8 February perhaps you might consider coming along and giving it a go. :)

Hi Norman hope you are well! :approve:

Perhaps the speedway Museum event could be held on another date allowing someone a chance to run an event at High Beech. (Traditional date) running 2 events on the same day would not be helpful to either party :wink:

I by the way I would be happy to attend High Beech. I see the museum as an all year round thing that could be promoted at High Beech

Ray

Edited by Custom House Kid

Hi Norman hope you are well! :approve:

Perhaps the speedway Museum event could be held on another date allowing someone a chance to run an event at High Beech. (Traditional date) running 2 events on the same day would not be helpful to either party :wink:

I by the way I would be happy to attend High Beech. I see the museum as an all year round thing that could be promoted at High Beech

Ray

If (and it seems to me a big if) someone came along and said they would like to organise an event at High Beech in February, I am certain (as we did in fact discuss it) the Speedway Museum would be happy to rearrange our event for later in the year. So, if you are serious about organising an event at High Beech, Ray, I'm sure we could come to some accommodation.

Though, to be fair to everyone, we would need to know fairly soon before much effort has gone in to the organisation of our event.

Edited by norbold

If (and it seems to me a big if) someone came along and said they would like to organise an event at High Beech in February, I am certain (as we did in fact discuss it) the Speedway Museum would be happy to rearrange our event for later in the year. So, if you are serious about organising an event at High Beech, Ray, I'm sure we could come to some accommodation.

Though, to be fair to everyone, we would need to know fairly soon before much effort has gone in to the organisation of our event.

Hi mate sorry, although I would love to organise said event I am still full time employed doing 2 jobs and not to mention my cricket commitments. Time constraints dictate I’m afraid. I have not yet joined the ranks of the Bus Pass brigade! :lol:

Another year perhaps :shock:

I was just pointing out the problem which could occur if you run 2 events. which would make anyone thinking of running at High Beech reconsider shutting the door on any future event. :cry:

From a purely business point of view I think it is better to hold satellite events at different sites advertising the product not one off specials at the main venue :wink:

Hi mate sorry, although I would love to organise said event I am still full time employed doing 2 jobs and not to mention my cricket commitments. Time constraints dictate I’m afraid. I have not yet joined the ranks of the Bus Pass brigade! :lol:

Yes, but that's the problem. Who else would run the event? If someone comes along to do it, fine. We had this discussion last year with people saying we ought to have an event at High Beech in February, but no-one came along to volunteer to organise it.

Yes, but that's the problem. Who else would run the event? If someone comes along to do it, fine. We had this discussion last year with people saying we ought to have an event at High Beech in February, but no-one came along to volunteer to organise it.

The problem is Norman these people are all talk and no substance. :P:D

In any case, why does these events always seem to happen in the south when everyone knows that the first speedway event took place at Droylesdon near Manchester… :approve:

Is it not about time someone organised an event in the North for keen followers of Vintage Speedway and traders alike? Someone like John Skinner, I‘m sure he could do it. Plenty of Northern riders and keen fans. Must be a goer. ;)

The problem is Norman these people are all talk and no substance.

In any case, why does these events always seem to happen in the south when everyone knows that the first speedway event took place at Droylesdon near Manchester…

Is it not about time someone organised an event in the North for keen followers of Vintage Speedway and traders alike? Someone like John Skinner, I‘m sure he could do it. Plenty of Northern riders and keen fans. Must be a goer. ;)

The last time I saw your rear end Jim there was plenty of substance :wink::lol: