British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

British Gp Starts 5pm

In 2009 the British GP at Cardiff will be starting at 5pm rather then 7pm.

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV maybe there is a phone vote to help decide the winner now.

And the reason being?

Who cares? :lol: If it means me not getting back home again on Sunday until dawn is breaking then it's a good idea. I think our coach went back the "pretty way" on the return journey home. :wink:

So people can get home and not have to shell out loads on accomadation?

Not a bad idea. Might just make the last London train now!

Get in there - more booze time afterwards!!!

Bird - are you rwading / listening!!!!!

Is it down to:-

i) TV demands

or ii) the Polish League has a round the next day

or iii) they've actually thought about fans when it comes to travelling and hotel rooms? :wink:

Taken from - http://www.speedwayworld.tv/en/latest/

BSI Speedway, rights holders of the FIM Speedway Grand Prix Series, can today confirm the 2009 FIM British Speedway Grand Prix will start at the new time of 1700H (5pm) local time, at Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium on 27 June 2009.

“We are now coming into our ninth consecutive year at the Millennium Stadium and in a way the FIM British Speedway Grand Prix has been a victim of its own success. As the popularity of the event has grown it has been increasingly difficult to accommodate all the fans wishing to stay in Cardiff on the Saturday night.” explains Paul Bellamy, managing director, BSI Speedway.

“By moving the start time to five pm it allows supporters the option of either staying in the city overnight or returning home on the same day as the event.”

The 2009 FIM British Speedway Grand Prix will be the fifth event of the 11 round individual world championship FIM Speedway Grand Prix Series. Fans who book their tickets before 31 December 2008 will be able to purchase them at 2008 prices. Tickets are available by calling 0871 230 7155 or via www.speedwayworld.tv

So are they listening to the fans are are sales of tickets so low they need to do something fast??

Hmm- cynical thinking or are they doing good by the fans - you decide!!! :unsure:

Oh well - we'll just have to start drinking earlier. Guiness with a full full English - a perfect way to start the day... :lol:

it allows supporters the option of either staying in the city overnight or returning home on the same day as the event.[/color]

What the hell did people do before then? :blink:

Not a bad idea. Might just make the last London train now!

That makes two of us. :approve:

Thats my hotel cancelled now then. Will put my hotel money towards my Polish trip, get two nights in Poland for one in cardiff and a few beers thrown in to.

QUOTE (Rob B @ Dec 15 2008, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In 2009 the British GP at Cardiff will be starting at 5pm rather then 7pm.

old news if ya in the know :lol: