British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

John Titman

John Titman fans or admirers may be interested to know that we've got a chunky four-page interview with the former Aussie champ in the latest issue (No.29) of Backtrack, which subscribers should receive in the post this weekend or Monday.

Must say it was a pleasure talking to this down-to-earth Aussie, who gained such well-earned respect during his spells with Halifax, Exeter, Leicester, Hackney and Wimbledon before returning to Oz at the end of 1984.

In the meantime, you can view some new pics of John on our website:

http://www.retro-speedway.com/

picture of John circ1983

here

In the few years I ran the European part of Australia Speedway...Tito was highly experienced...and I thought that he would be "difficult"

How wrong can you be ?

Tito was the nicest, most laid back, efficient, uncomplaining Rider you could ever wish to deal with.

A thoroughly nice man, superb rider, extremely professional, and a credit to both teh sport, his country, and indeed any Team he rode for.

Top man...and somebody I was delighted to call a "mate"

JAMES

Always an entertaining and combative rider and nice guy, though my abiding memory of him is a match at Leicester against the Aces where he led an absolutely charmed life to score a paid 18 point maximum, thanks to PC suffering an engine failure in front of him, Mort and Wilkie having problems that let him through as I recall. But if any rider deserved that luck, John was that man! :)

picture of John circ1983

here

nah, looked so much better in his black leathers and a red and yellow racejacket :wink: