British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gemini

Black/White photos. World Finals Wembley 1981/USA 1982 etc..

Who are/were Kevin Russell and John Ellis? Which matches did they ride in?

John Ellis was an Exeter based junior who just rode the 1 match at the County Ground and scored 0.

Kevin Russell (as described elsewhere) was an Aussie based in Scotland who rode in the match at Glasgow and scored 1.

Thanks frigbo.

I think I went to every home Hammers match that season except two and a good number of away matches (including our glorious night of triumph at Cradley Heath when we clinched the double - sorry reliving old glories there!) and I'd never heard of Kevin Russell and John Ellis. Your post explains why! :)

I think I went to every home Hammers match that season

You should have come and said hello! I was the small kid on the back straight munching on a giant hot dog! :D

Liontamer no :roll:

I think I went to every home Hammers match that season

You should have come and said hello! I was the small kid on the back straight munching on a giant hot dog! :D

If only I'd known at the time! But I'm afraid I never ventured round to the back straight...too far away. :)

Someone has left a message on my webshots guestbook - didn't know I had one until I got an email :lol: - advising that the second rider in photo 37 behind Michael Lee is Bernie Leigh and not Martin Ashby which we were unsure of.

Whoever this was I'd just like to thank them and I've now altered the photo accordingly.