British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gemini

Black/White photos. World Finals Wembley 1981/USA 1982 etc..

One of 43 is, I think, Barry Crowson and Graeme Stapleton.

No 42 - the words Dave & Gooderham come to mind and won't go away.

No 46 - Mike Fullerton, Les Rumsey & John Barker (I cheated on that one - it's in Mike Patrick's Superstars of Speedway)

52 - Paul Tyrer?

falcace...

23 - Muller, Gundersen, Ross, Jancarz? Correct, but not Jancarz.

43 - Graeme Stapleton (fairly sure), David Gagen (stab in the dark) No! :P

50 - Les Collins at PC Testimonial 1980 (how nerdy is that? :roll: ) Yes.

44 - Benny O'Rourke? Yes. How did you get that?!

46 - Wayne Jackson, Steve McDermott?, John Barker All I've got is the rider crashing and that's John Barker so you're correct. Looks like grachan has got it right though ( with a bit of cheating!) Les Rumsey and Mike Fullerton are the other riders.

22 - Knudsen, Andersson Yes.

25 - Olsen, Penhall (classic race) Yes.

27 - Knudsen, Lee, Muller Yes.

26 - Knudsen, Penhall (double classic race) Yes.

47 - Mike Lee, Martin Ashby No.

Grachan

One of 43 is, I think, Barry Crowson and Graeme Stapleton. Barry Crowson is right but not Graeme Stapleton.

No 42 - the words Dave & Gooderham come to mind and won't go away. Try harder to make them go away 'cos it's not right. :P

No 46 - Mike Fullerton, Les Rumsey & John Barker (I cheated on that one - it's in Mike Patrick's Superstars of Speedway) Naughty!! Anyway, you've done me a favour because I'd only got John Barker on the back of the photo.

52 - Paul Tyrer? Is that a trick question? I thought I'd only gone up to 51. :lol:

Sorry, but the first four photos have nothing on the back so I don't know who they are. I am hoping someone will be able to tell me. :P

The majority of the other ones are named but I am letting people have a guess. It's keeping some of them happy anyway and I am learning a thing or two, like Dave Jessup riding for Kings Lynn. :lol:

Sorry, but the first four photos have nothing on the back so I don't know who they are !

Nice one Gemini :!: :evil: lets hope someone knows an old Russian then! :D;)

52 - Paul Tyrer? Is that a trick question? I thought I'd only gone up to 51. :lol:

Whoops - should have been 50. But it's wrong anyway I see.

I'm clearing out loads of junk at the moment, so old speedway books are turning up all over the place. Ooh look, I've just found Mike Patrick's Speedway Scene from 1976 and can now exclusively reveal that....

No 42 is Roy Carter (no 4) and Bob Cooper.

No 43 is Neil Cameron and Barry Crowson.

The book has a whole series of crash pictures, plus a piece on how he took a fantastic crash sequence only to discover there was no film in the camera. The rider involved? Dave Gooderham, no less. I knew he was in there somewhere! :D

falcace...

23 - Muller' date=' Gundersen, Ross, Jancarz? Correct, but not Jancarz.

44 - Benny O'Rourke? Yes. How did you get that?!

47 - Mike Lee, Martin Ashby No.

Are you sure that's not Ed Jancarz? If not, maybe it was a chap called Henryk Olszak (or something like that) - he was reserve at the 81 final.

As for Benny O'Rourke - I've seen this photo somewhere else, can't remeber where though. But its lodged in my brain somewhere, determinedly taking the place of something far more important.

47 - I'll stick with Mike Lee and say the chasing Racer is Bernie Leigh?

47 is already identified....

Sorry, my mistake.

I meant 37 and I'll go with my original guess of Mike Lee and Martin Ashby

Also on second glance I think I've nailed 23:

Muller, Gundersen, Ross, Dryml?

Falcace....

No 37.... I'll go with my original guess of Mike Lee and Martin Ashby. All I have is Michael Lee so I'll presume Ashby is right.

Also on second glance I think I've nailed 23: Muller, Gundersen, Ross, Dryml? Yes, all four correct.

grachan....

No 42 is Roy Carter (no 4) and Bob Cooper. Yes.

No 43 is Neil Cameron and Barry Crowson. Yes.

You shouldn't be so honest grachan about your little bit of cheating! I would have been really impressed with you getting Neil Cameron and Barry Crowson. :lol:

Steve Hone

Speedway no. 13 - Dave Jessup/Les Collins. I haven't got the name of the Kings Lynn rider. Did Jessup ride for Lynn or is that a stupid question?

Gemini.... Correct :D

I like it Steve! :lol:

Hmmm, not sure, but, looking at the leathers, riding style and the manner of the accident, I think number 43 shows Neil Cameron and Barry Crowson. As a rough guess I'd say it was from about 1976.

As for number 42 - I seem to remember Roy Carter wearing very similar leathers to that. It looks to me like the crash he had with Bob Cooper at Rye House, also around 76.

Is that better, Gem?

Time to get up to date I think.

Pictures identified:-

5..Grachan

6..Grachan

7..Falcace

8..WATigerman

9..Grachan

10 ..Falcace

11..Grachan

12..WATigerman

13..WATigerman

15..Steve Hone

16..Falcace

17..WATigerman

18..Steve Hone

19..Steve Hone

20..Grachan

21..Steve Hone

22..Falcace

23..Falcace

24..Steve Hone

25..Falcace

26..Falcace

27..Falcace

28..Named

29..Named

30..Gemini :?:

31..Named

32..Named

33..Named

34..Named

35..Grachan

36..Named

37..Falcace

38..Grachan

39..Frigbo & WATigerman

40..Grachan

41..Steve Hone

42..Grachan

43..Grachan

44..Falcace

45..WATigerman

46..Grachan

47..Steve Hone

48..Steve Hone

49..Jeff

50..Falcace

51..Steve Hone

===================Well done everyone! :D

Number 6 - that's definitely Carl Askew going down on the inside. I remember the moustache on the crash helmet.

7 - Kenny Carter, Mike Lee, Egon Muller

9 - Penhall, Carter

11. Bruce Penall (Cradley Heath) and George Best (Belle Vue)

14 - Barry Briggs? (He used to wear those boots anyway!)

17 - Sigalos & Morton

24 - Hans Neilsen, Chris Morton, Jiri Stancl

30 - You've already got that one. Ha ha - revenge for number 52! Peter Collins & Doug Wyer.

35 - Sportak on the back & stars on the arms. Got to be John Davis.

38 - Looks like Briggo's crash helmet so I'll say it's him. Don't think it is though!

39 - Grasping at strws here! Is that a White City race jacket? Looks like number 6 on the back? Er..... Trevor Geer.

Number 6 - that's definitely Carl Askew going down on the inside. I remember the moustache on the crash helmet. Correct and as that's the only rider named I'll let you have that. :)

7 - Kenny Carter, Mike Lee, Egon Muller? Carter, Muller. Need the rider in Yellow/Black.

9 - Penhall, Carter? Yes.

11. Bruce Penall (Cradley Heath) and George Best (Belle Vue) Yes. One of Belle Vue's best ever signings. :lol:

14 - Barry Briggs? (He used to wear those boots anyway!) No. Perhaps he bought Barry's old cast-offs.

17 - Sigalos & Morton? No.

24 - Hans Neilsen, Chris Morton, Jiri Stancl Not Stancl

30 - You've already got that one. Ha ha - revenge for number 52! Peter Collins & Doug Wyer. Ooops! :oops: It's hard work this you know!

35 - Sportak on the back & stars on the arms. Got to be John Davis. Yes.

38 - Looks like Briggo's crash helmet so I'll say it's him. Don't think it is though! Oh yea of little faith! Yes, it's Briggo. Strange how he uses his left hand, but I presume that's the one with the missing thumb?

39 - Grasping at strws here! Is that a White City race jacket? Looks like number 6 on the back? Er..... Trevor Geer. No. I don't think anyone will get this, especially the rider on the track.