British Speedway Forum
ficklefan

Australian Solo Title

Hello all. Radio Fremantle’s Let’s Talk Speedway Racing show is now locked away with the live broadcast of the 2009 Australian Speedway Motorcycle Championship. The start times shown are in Western Australian time. A half hour has been allowed prior to racing for any updates, changes and pre meeting discussion.

Friday 2nd January 2009 Gosford-4:30pm/1630 (UK TIME 7.30am)

Saturday 3rd January 2009 Newcastle-4:30pm/1630 (UK TIME 7.30am)

Wednesday 7th January 2009 Midura-5:00pm/1700 (UK TIME 8.00am)

Saturday 10th January 2009 Gillman-6:30/1830 (UK TIME 9.30am)

Radio Fremantle will post on their web page the dates and times for listener convenience. Perth fans can listen on their radio at 107.9fm. Internet listeners log on to www.radiofremantle.com and choose listen live. The station has a 7 day archive also. Should you wish to email the station the address is admin@radiofremantle.com Radio Fremantle would like to thank the following people/business’s for their financial support to make this broadcast possible: Rick Purvis Kartworld Belmont WA, Lee Redmond Western Big One WA, Pinjar Park Speedway WA, Cameron Heeps Racing WA.

We are in deep gratitude to Brendon Gledhill who will call the meetings at Gosford, Newcastle and Gillman by phone. Brendon will provide an announcer for Mildura. Due to the overwhelming response of our 2008 title broadcast, Radio Fremantle has upgraded its’ internet listening band. Hopefully this will overcome the buffering problems experienced earlier this year. The cost to do the upgrade was $2,500. Money was raised by way of a radiothon combining the speedway and soccer shows. I hope recipients of this email can see that we at Let’s Talk Speedway Racing are committed to the success of this broadcast and have made changes in the past twelve months for the good and betterment of speedway motorcycle racing in Australia. So please forward this email to all of your speedway friends. I thank you for your time.

Kind regards

Nev Riseley

Producer/Presenter Let’s Talk Speedway Racing

Radio Fremantle 107.9fm

Great that Radio Freemantle and Nev are doing this again :D

But what about the pay livestream from one of the rounds?Anymore info on that?At the time when i went on the Gillman or Mildura website i couldn't see anywhere to register or pay for that

Hi ficklefan

Fantastic news that we will be able to listen to the Titles again this year. And congratulations on acheiving the upgrade. Now only time will tell if can cope with us mass of Brits all logging on at the same time!!! (I am sure it will)

Always enjoy the speedway show and cant wait for January.

Thanks a million

That's right everyone, Radio Fremantle will be covering the Australian National Championship live for a third successive season.

The station has invested heavily in an uprated broadband listening capacity which hopefully means the buffering issues off 2008 are now a thing of the past.

All the action can be heard on www.radiofremantle.com on the dates and times detailed in the first post.

Great to see the Friday's qualifier being broadcast aswell.

Brendon's not to bad to listen to, but he's no Chuck Redmond :wink:

Thanks Nev & Team :approve:

Great to see the Friday's qualifier being broadcast aswell.

Brendon's not to bad to listen to, but he's no Chuck Redmond :wink:

Thanks Nev & Team :approve:

Couldn't agree more Ozyace!! I think BJ might find out a few of the pitfalls of live broadcasting but I'm sure the Oz Speedway Community will cut him some slack: good on him for having a go. Mildura's got a good track announcer so if the broadcast can use him somehow that'd be great.

Sad that Nev Riseley won't be over but I'm sure he'll be doing his thing in Perth to ensure everything goes well - Onya Nev!!.

****!! I just got a call from QANTAS - my flight from Newcastle to Milly via Melbourne on Monday is now leaving at 6 0'*******clock in the ******* morning FFS! - I can see me having to keep awake Sunday night - luckily I'm staying at an Irish Rock Pub in the centre of Beaumont St Hamilton so I can't see too many problems with that. I'm catching up with a few ol' Thespian mates who're heavily involved with this year's Sydney Festival: hopefully everything will be Crystal Clear on the night.

Just a quick update from Nev................

Hello again all. The increased internet band width has been installed and is up and running now. Those logging on will see on the Radio Fremantle Homepage the dates and times for the title. Just below the times etc there is a listen live via Sport fm 91.3 This has been installed especially for the title and very easy to see. DO NOT SELECT LISTEN LIVE FOR RADIO FREMANTLE. The archive for Radio Fremantle will be accessible for the usual seven days. Could you put this out for widest distribution. I don’t think people will select the wrong Listen Live as it is in plain view, however I’d rather be safe than sorry. Perhaps you could go and have a quick look yourself.

Cheers Nev

Nev

Mate this is the dogs bollocks, loving it.

Thanks again :approve:

:cry: Got to sit in a car now Nev, Carabooda's a long way from Freo.

Rocket i got a paint brush ready for ya!

I'm gold again :rolleyes:

C'mon Justin & Ryan

Yep should of just put my computer on - technology is a wonderful thing.

Edited by Ozyace

Coming through loud and clear on Radio Fremantle this morning, great stuff!

Nev and the boys are doing an excellent job.

Just had a text from the track to say its starting to drizzle and the track at Gosford is not good for holding its water...

Shame for the two Mulbring lads Richard Sweetman and Kurt Shields, I must say I expected a bit more from Sweety esp.

Edited by M.D

the 6 qualifiers for tomorrow are:

Kozza Smith (14)

Aaron Summers (13)

Darcy Ward (12)

Jay Hearne (11)

Justion Sedgeman (11)

Lee Hearne (10)