British Speedway Forum
ficklefan

Australian Solo Title

what were you trying to do Steve - send them a map of where Eastbourne is and where Poole is!!!!!! :o:D

(for those not listening - they said there was a meeting in the UK this weekend and it was at Eastbourne or maybe the Poole area!!!!) :lol:

Sorry did they read me email? I just been having breakfast.

Sorry did they read me email? I just been having breakfast.

No idea Steve but they did say earlier that the New year Classic was in Eastbourne!!!

So maybe they did!!!!!! :wink::lol:

Adams as expected strolled it, but well done to the two Poole lads in making the final. Doyle did very well indeed for a rider many are not rating very highly in the EL in 2009.

Not the best day for Noddy but still in the running. Can't see anyone touching Adams this year though.

Standing after 12 heats

Adams L. (Leszno) 9

Schlein R. (Grudziądz) 9

Holder C. (Toruń) 8

Doyle J. (Gniezno) 7

Watt D. (Rzeszów) 6

Batchelor T. (Leszno) 5

Woodward C. (Rzeszów) 5

Proctor T. (Wolverhampton) 5

Smith K. (Kings Lynn) 5

Compare with my rating

Only two differences

Shhlein is little better, and Ward is some worse

Ty Proctor is a REDCAR asset, he is only doubling up with Wolves. You don't have Ward listed as an Ipswich rider, so dont have Ty as a Wolves one!

[quote name=

Not the best day for Noddy but still in the running. Can't see anyone touching Adams this year though.

In what respect Steve, all year or just the Oz titles, i'm surprised Noddy didn't give Leigh a bit of a go though.

Starstruck maybe. :wink:

Edited by Ozyace

Ty Proctor is a REDCAR asset, he is only doubling up with Wolves. You don't have Ward listed as an Ipswich rider, so dont have Ty as a Wolves one!

I think you will find that the information was taken from the Polish website that was running live updates and it is them you should be cross with.

Ty Proctor is a REDCAR asset
Thought he was sold off to pay off debt mid season to wolves?

Clean should stroll this.

Batchelor should be doing better but at least he beat Holder :D

Thought he was sold off to pay off debt mid season to wolves?

Thankfully not! Indeed he could very well be the only asset in our VII next season, although yet to be confirmed if any of the deals for the loanees are permanent!

Will the meeting from mildura be screened on live on the internet?

I am NOT aware that there is a live internet feed.

But would would love details if there is.

The Mildura web site is NOT kept up to date!

More digging and I have found this but cant find the link anyone???????

link to track site.

http://www.milduramotorcycleclub.org.au/

Speedway action in Mildura during the early stages of 2009 will be beamed live around the World, following an announcement from Mildura Motor Cycle Club this week.

Recent sponsorship for both the Australian Solo Speedway Title - on 7th January 2009 - and the Australian Sidecar Speedway Title, on 29th March 2009 has allowed the Club to contract Big Screens Australia to provide an on site telecast of the events as they happen, including action replays”.

“We have had the big screen before, but this season we are fortunate to have both major title events and a new season partnership deal with beverage supplier, Independent Distillers, has enabled us to contract the screen for both meetings,” Gledhill said.

“The Australian Sidecar Championship has never had on course coverage before, but we will provide that coverage in March of 2009.”

In another first for the Mildura Club and for Australian Speedway, these events will both be streamed live on the Internet in addition to the screen being at both events.

“People from all over the world will be able to take the live feed, for the payment of a small fee,” Gledhill said.

“Big Screens Australia will bring a whole new dimension to the titles.

“Being able to watch replays of incidents and the racing will elevate the professionalism and event presentation to a completely new level, not seen anywhere in Australia before”, Gledhill continued.

“It will add great atmosphere to an already energetic live event – viewed live on the Woodstock Big Screen” he added.

“For people around Australia and the rest of the world to view either meeting as they happen will be a unique experience.

“Solo racing is incredibly popular in UK, Sweden and Poland, where local speedway ace, Leigh Adams competes regularly and is so highly regarded.

“It is also popular in the Czech Republic, Germany, Italy and other Nations, where, through this capacity, people will be able to log on to the Internet, pay a small fee and watch the meeting evolve as it happens.

“Many fans around the World will be keen to see if Adams can claim his tenth Australian Title”.

The live stream will be available to Europe in mid-morning, so it should have the potential to attract a large international audience.

“We are very pleased to be a part of these events,” Big Screens Australia Manager Steve Timmis said.

“The Mildura Motor Cycle Club was the first motorcycle Club in Australia to use the Big Screen concept for the Aussie Solo Title in 2007 and they are now setting the benchmark again, being the first to use the giant 40 square metre Woodstock Screen for an Australian Sidecar Title as well and stream both major events out live on the Internet.

“Sidecar speedway is not as popular in Europe, but is going through a massive growth in England, so there should be quite a few English fans log on to the Sidecars as well.

“We expect plenty of contact from Australian fans, not able to make the tour for the three round Solo series in January as well as good numbers of folk, who will not be able to get to Mildura for the big three day Sidecar Championship weekend, from 27th to 29th March,” Timmis concluded.

The growth and significance of Mildura as a major motor sports venue in Australia has already been widely recognized, particularly through the Easter Power Sports Group, but the capacity for people from all over the World to watch events live from Mildura will further this growth.

The Woodstock Big Screen will be at Mildura’s Olympic Park on Wednesday 7th January 2009, for the Solo Title and on Sunday 29th March 2009, for the Sidecar Title event.

Both of these events can be watched live on the Internet by following the link on www.milduramotorcycleclub.org.au.

For more information, please contact Brendon Gledhill on 0419 174 225 or gledhill@hotkey.net.au.

Afternoon all!! Another beaut day in Newcastle - Home of more blondes per square inch as I found out last night!!

A great night's racing at the Showgrounds; crowd was down on previous years but those who were there more than made up for any perceived lack of atmosphere. There's a roof on the Grandstand again after last year's party but even though the day was overcast no nasty Wetness from Above descended. Track was a picture and apart from a slight glitch with the grading after heat twelve and an interesting pothole or two made for even, exciting races.

Leigh Adams put on a masterclass: he was only challenged by Noddy briefly in Heat 15 and Rooboy more seriously in the Final, other than that the man from You-know-where was his usual combination of style and elegance coupled with ruthless determination.

Rory did the Territory proud: apart from copping a gobful of shale from Mr Adams in heat 15 and breaking down he looked on form all night and the final was a ripper; one glitch in turn two was just enough for Leigh to get his nose in front and try as he might the Darwin Destroyer just couldn't catch him - Newcastle is a Revheads delight; a true oval which encourages flat-out speed and I swear Leigh had it wound on to Warp Factor Five for the entire four laps.

Noddy was not as ruthless as last year: he lost a couple of opportunities to clinch a final spot direct but came back strongly in the B main to book his place in the showdown but was burned off by the sheer pace of the leading bunch and was gifted third when Doyley packed up.

Doyley lived up to his Local Hero tag and looks more than ready for a return to Elite League next season while Cam and Davey Watt had solid nights and only Troy of the top-flight brigade had a night to forget: his Kummagutza in heat 3 set the tone for his performance and form-wise he was up and down like a waterfowl's posterior for the rest of the meeting.

Of the second XI Ty had a good one; the Herne bros showed as solid second strings; Josh had his moments as did Cory while Aaron had a shocker. The Juniors performed well enough in such good company and never let us down -a big Well Done to Kozza, Darcy and Justin, who are all destined to excite European fans for many years to come.

But enough of this twaddle about racing - its time for more serious stuff - all the Goss!!

I'm glad Nev Riseley passed on my greetings to all of youse listeners (Goodonya Nev!!) and I just want to let you know I had no Editorial Control over the message and if I haven't managed to offend any sections of the population of the planet yet please accept my heartfelt apologies, sooner or later I'll catch up with all of youse ***** (and that's fer ******* sure, you can ******* rely on it!).

Despite the smaller crowd numbers the consumption of drugs both legal, recreational, experimental and downright dangerous was well on a par with a typical Aussie party and more than a few had developed a severe case of Wobbly Boot by the end of the evening. Bryn was looking a bit down in the dumps due to the fact that Gavin, the proprietor of the Sock Bar, was never in sight when our Welsh friend's can of soft drink needed enhancing, and a coupla times I caught him looking longingly at my bottle of "Cokeplus@". Luckily for me he's not a JD fan or the liquid level would have sunk almost twice as fast.

One of the boys had me Green with envy when he told me he'd reserved Gold Tickets for the Sprintcars Aussie Final over in Kwinana WA shortly - a great track and what should be a good week with the Pinjar Park meeting on the previous weekend - I hope you have a ball you *******! I bet Ozyace has his possie reserved as well for what promises to be a ripper - after watching the Speedcars meeting on Chequered Flag the other day it promises to be real good. If any of youse mob haven't seen the "Things with Wings" yet I urge you to check 'em out on Youtube ASP.

After the meeting I ran amok as usual along Beaumont Street; my choice of hotel was perfect as the downstairs bar was Chocka with thirty-something Sheilas - alas for the Ladies' on-going well-being the spirit was willing but the body collapsed under the weight of evidence as the melange of uppers; downers; sideways and backers I'd consumed over the previous 48 hours along with a healthy variety of alcohol (around about enough to sink a medium-sized Coastal Steamer) started to take their toll and I retired a gibbering mess right about stumps (0300hrs). Part of my disappointment no doubt stemmed from the fact that I'd misunderstood one of the things I'd been told by the Hotel - apparently Asian Delight Night tonight is all to do with Food, not what I'd thought at all!! BU**ER!!

Anyhow, off to Mildura (its that name again) tomorrow; I'm flying El Cheapo Budget Airlines to Melbourne then a lovingly-restored Dakota conveys me to Sunraysia where a small converted delivery dray is awaiting me at the glorified sheep paddock that is Milly International Airport to convey me to the Giant Deckchair Motel where my usual cell (the aptly-named Dog Box) has already been hosed out in readiness for my arrival. (**** Me! That's not a bad sentence with only one noticeable punctuation mark!!) Cop U Later!! :lol: