British Speedway Forum
ficklefan

Australian Solo Title

well done leigh.

10th australian title...great stuff!

and a swindon 5-1 over poole in the final too :P

It is good to get it out of the way before the season starts! :lol::lol:

All hail the Clean One! I guess it would have been a surprise if he hadn't won, but 18 straight wins over the 3 meetings is an awesome effort. :approve:

Final standings:

60 Adams

52 Holder C

48 Schlein

45 Batchelor, 43 Watt, 41 Woodward, 37 Proctor, 32 Doyle, 31 Ward, 28 Gathercole, 27 Smith, 20 Grajczonek, 17 Herne J, 17 Summers, 16 Sedgmen J, 13 Herne L, 4 Holder J

got a text from bruv at the track to say Sir Leigh had smashed track record...good to see Roobins 1-2 :approve:

I nhave to also add my congrats to radiofremantle on an excellent online commentary and service. last year we got frustration, this year no buffering whatsoever, good clear stereo from the studio and could clearly hear commentary from the track. this must have cost a few quid to put together so well done to all involved and hopefully we can more of the same next year, albeit with a different winner!

As a matter of interest, I would love to know online listening figures. Just how many people were using the online service?

Ward - awesome

Adams - great win from back over Holder says it all

Gathercole much better than Wednesday

44 races in 2 and 3/4 hours - very slick show (125cc races went on on centre green while main track was being graded)

Sidecars and 125cc support were very good

announcer said Arthur Sissis was reting - is this true? (Mind you he said a lot of things that were wrong)

and I've been to warmer meetings in England!

PS I did resent having to pay $5 for another programme (identical to the 2 I purchased in Mildura) just to get the insert with tonight's racecard)

Ward - awesome

Adams - great win from back over Holder says it all

Gathercole much better than Wednesday

44 races in 2 and 3/4 hours - very slick show (125cc races went on on centre green while main track was being graded)

Sidecars and 125cc support were very good

announcer said Arthur Sissis was reting - is this true? (Mind you he said a lot of things that were wrong)

and I've been to warmer meetings in England!

PS I did resent having to pay $5 for another programme (identical to the 2 I purchased in Mildura) just to get the insert with tonight's racecard)

Arthur is not retiring. Arthur's talent has landed him a contract with the Red Bull Rookies KTM team and he will be travelling to Europe in March to ride the 125cc KTM bike for the season. He will still be riding speedway when he returns to Australia at the end of the season.

Arthur will be defending his Australian U-16 title next week at Underra, Shepparton, Victoria

Good luck Arthur

Good on Adams, sounds like a good meeting.

Not much said about any of the support classes for the series, anyone have any results of 350s and juniors at any of the rounds.

All the best Junior

I am currently travelling Australia, and was in Newcastle for the first meeting, and listened to the Mildura meeting.

Thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Newcastle, and many thanks to the guys at radio Freemantle for all their hard work. Also big thanks to Johnno for the Mildura summarising.

Congrats to Leigh Adams, and a better score from Glasgow's own Josh on Sat.

Final standings:

60 Adams

52 Holder C

48 Schlein

45 Batchelor

43 Watt

41 Woodward

37 Proctor

32 Doyle

31 Ward

28 Gathercole

27 Smith

20 Grajczonek

17 Herne J

17 Summers

16 Sedgmen J

13 Herne L

4 Holder J

Excellent performances from the two Lynn lads, considering his inexpeience Darcy exceeded all expectations while Kozza finished as the highest placed non EL (including doubling up) rider.

Roll on the U21 final :approve:

All hail the Clean One! I guess it would have been a surprise if he hadn't won, but 18 straight wins over the 3 meetings is an awesome effort.

Leigh certainly was awesome in racing to his tenth Australian national title and not all those 18 straight race wins were achieved from the gate - far from it in fact. I thoroughly enjoyed all three meetings although was disappointed that Arnie G didn't buy me a Dark 'n Stormy! :wink::lol:

Leigh certainly was awesome in racing to his tenth Australian national title and not all those 18 straight race wins were achieved from the gate - far from it in fact. I thoroughly enjoyed all three meetings although was disappointed that Arnie G didn't buy me a Dark 'n Stormy! :wink::lol:

Excellent result for Chris Holder, getting 2nd place in the Aussie Championships at the age of 21.

There was only going to be one winner, considering the experience and age of Adams.

Well done to Leigh, to Chris and to Rory on getting third place, too.

Excellent result for Chris Holder, getting 2nd place in the Aussie Championships at the age of 21.

Not as good as last year when he won the title at the age of 20 :wink:

Edited by Ozyace

Arthur is not retiring. Arthur's talent has landed him a contract with the Red Bull Rookies KTM team and he will be travelling to Europe in March to ride the 125cc KTM bike for the season. He will still be riding speedway when he returns to Australia at the end of the season.

Arthur will be defending his Australian U-16 title next week at Underra, Shepparton, Victoria

Good luck Arthur

Glad to hear it :lol:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm touch of sour Grapes from Mr Holder ...see quote from Speedway World .....

"Leigh knows he can ride any sort of track. He just rides really well over here. He’s not riding on second-hand equipment. He’s riding all his best stuff and just does the job."

Face it Chris you met MORE than your match !

Lucky

Still buzzing after a great series - hope to get some sleep soon! B)

My only complaint is - it could have been longer!!

Highlights?

Gosford - great racing all night.

The final at Newcastle - a match race between Leigh & Rooboy.

The final at Mildura - Leigh showed the way at the hardest Oz track to master.

The final at Gillman - Troy tried his guts out but to no avail.

Lowlight? The $70.00 cabfare to get to Newcastle Airport after me flight got changed from Noon to 6.00am! :o

The best part? Catching up with all me ol' mates and making a few new ones - can't wait for next year. :approve: