British Speedway Forum
barneys barnstormers

Favourite All-time Rider ? ( Final Results Table Now Listed )

There are a few I could name...Hans Nielsen is the best rider I have ever seen bar none. Tommy Knudsen is a legend, Kelvin Tatum, Hans Andersen. But my nomination has to be...

Andreas Jonsson

Poetry in motion!

A few i can think of... Simon Wigg, Joe Screen, Sean Wilson...

vote has to go to though

The Great, Mark Loram

As a Wolves fan in her teens I can understand why you would name 'Pepsi'.

For just one fleeting split-second there, and not concentrating that hard, I thought you were referring to yourself and that there was an entire back history which was about to be unveiled...

Anyway, back to the topic.

So many of these choices concern childhood or at least early speedway watching, don't they, when we're so open to new experiences. Lou Sansom was awesome to watch; a few years later I loved little Guy Wilson for his never say die attitude and zest. But for me, and as I haven't ploughed through all 20-odd pages it's probably his first and only vote, I go for an endearing showman, great character, a rider whose talent was probably better than his machinery. Someone who you would always want on your side if things turned nasty, and the thought of whose name always makes me break out in a big grin. It's Terry Kelly.

tough one but will go for workington's first heartthrob lou sansom on behalf of liz and i

A toss-up for number 2 is between Gordon Kennett, Matin Dugard and Hans Neilsen, but without doubt, my NUMBER ONE from my childhood supporter days, Mr. Oxford Speedway himself, RONNIE GENZ.