British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
IW08

"super 7" Events

As far as the premier league events are concerned i just hope that the BSPA come up with a better idea of who gets to compete in these events, unlike last years complete farce, where 2 of the best p/l riders in topinka and doolan couldnt represent the league runners up kings lynn in the pairs!!

Other than that somerset is a great race track so very please they have the pairs back, however i have heard they may not have an airfence this year so it could end up at Newport after all.

It would have been good to have seen the ELRC back at Birmingham, unfortunately the promoter there wanted too much for staging it this year.

I thought it was the BSPA that ran the meeting there and delt with the GRA and had nothing to do with Birmingham Promotion maybe Im wrong.

Edited by zlata prilba

I thought it was the BSPA that ran the meeting there and delt with the GRA and had nothing to do with Birmingham Promotion maybe Im wrong.

The BSPA pay the home promotion a staging fee to cover their costs such as stadium rent, payment of staff, advertising etc,

Glad to see the U-21 meeting back at Lakeside. They put a decent show on last year lets hope for more of the same this time round.

but financially its good for the sport.

Never been to Somerset before Cardiff personally, as that is valuable drnking time, but I guess its very well attendd.

It probably is financially beneficial, but for the SGP and only one league club ( I don't see any obvious signs of the BSPA putting any profit made back into the sport generally ). I would prefer to see these events moved around more and staged on neutral tracks, although I know this relies on promoters bidding for them.

Why or why have the bspa given Workington the fours, just why. They might as well just hand Workington the 4 team trophy now.

Why dont you mention Somerset just Workington :blink: ? you could say they may as well hand Somerset the Pairs but you dont.! Mmm just an excuse to have a pick at Workington it seems.?

Somerset deserve the pairs after the show they put on last year well done to them.

Same as Workington glad a northen track has such a big event! the promotion done a great job last year- look forward to it this year! :approve:

Why dont you mention Somerset just Workington :blink: ? you could say they may as well hand Somerset the Pairs but you dont.! Mmm just an excuse to have a pick at Workington it seems.?

Or just the fact Somerset never seem to win the pairs on their home track, but Workington always seem to win the 4s on their home track, its boring and predictable when its at Workington.

last year it was all down to richard hall wining that heat that got us to the final and even then it was a draw and it was a thomas topinka and a kauko nieminen race off

i thought it was brilliant

Or just the fact Somerset never seem to win the pairs on their home track, but Workington always seem to win the 4s on their home track, its boring and predictable when its at Workington.

Time for me to stick up for our lads im fed up with people taking away our acheviements, yeah ok we have won things on our own track but so have other teams!! we have also won things on away tracks, at the end of the day you may call us top heavy but everyone knows when the Comets are in town there are top riders out on track! :approve: Carl Stonehewer,Simon Stead, James Wright,Peter Karlsson,Mick Powell,Kauko Nieninem,Brent Werner, Garry Stead,Danial Nermark, Paul Thorp,Rusty Harrison to name but a few. And this year with Adrian Rymel, Kevin Doolan and Adam Roynon im sure will be no different!

But we won both the fours and the pairs in 2008, didnt we? and the fours was at Peterbourgh a few years ago and we won it there too! :wink:

Cant take that away from us. we can only beat whats put in front of us and we did :approve:

C'mon the Comets!!!

I find it funny how other teams like to pick on Workington, only cause you no we're a threat!!! bring on 09 i say!!

There we go i have released the anger- :lol:

Edited by Stoney=Legend

last year it was all down to richard hall wining that heat that got us to the final and even then it was a draw and it was a thomas topinka and a kauko nieminen race off

i thought it was brilliant

Very true i shall miss Kauko (wish him all the best), what a climax it was in that run-off!!

Other than that somerset is a great race track so very please they have the pairs back, however i have heard they may not have an airfence this year so it could end up at Newport after all.

they don't need an airfence for a PL event... eg/ PLRC @ sheffield = no airfence or PL FOURS @ workington = no airfence.

Edited by The SAINT

they don't need an airfence for a PL event... eg/ PLRC @ sheffield = no airfence or PL FOURS @ workington = no airfence.

Yes i think (well id like to think ) that all bspa events will have Airfences in the not so distant future. or maybe not it is Speedway :lol:

I think that Somerset is a fair track, and its anyones game. Also you only have to look at Workington's top 4 and its pretty much guarenteed that the comets will win the 4s, plus last years racing there wasnt to good, it was mostly from the gate and hug the inside for 4 laps. Mind you, its only about 2 hours away so its not that bad for me i suppose :rolleyes:

But why on a Wednesday night? The British Final should be a weekend affair IMO.

My family won't be able to go as we live four hours away and it's a school day - if only it were held the following week - don't the BSPA want a large crowd?

I think that Somerset is a fair track, and its anyones game. Also you only have to look at Workington's top 4 and its pretty much guarenteed that the comets will win the 4s, plus last years racing there wasnt to good, it was mostly from the gate and hug the inside for 4 laps. Mind you, its only about 2 hours away so its not that bad for me i suppose :rolleyes:

Dont matter where our 4 ride im sure they will still be in the final or there abouts, as you say B4L you only have to look at Workingtons top 4 :wink: . Our man Rymel will be out there winding it on! :lol:

You will be most welcome at Derwent park, im sure we will have some interesting battles with the Bandits :wink: over the year!

Let the battle commence :approve:

Edited by Stoney=Legend