Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
paul84

The 2009 Premier League Riders' Championship

A round at every track is maybe a bit much to begin with it would need to start small and be expanded on IMO.

Even four rounds with the final at Owlerton wouldn't be a problem with me.

There is an issue with which riders take part.

I can see the logic in going with previous season averages.

It could also mean that some one like Ward could never have raced in a PL National event given his rapid success.

Great idea, let's get a petition together. Action speaks louder than words :wink:

What a joke that result was though. On a track that was in anyway neutral, Steve McDonald would've been nearer last than the winner.

No wonder so many people have had enough with the farce that is British Speedway. A rider that is no way near the top man in the league wins the riders championship?

The days of Stonehewer and Wilson in their pomp are a far cry away from what is currently on offer.

What a joke that result was though. On a track that was in anyway neutral, Steve McDonald would've been nearer last than the winner.

No wonder so many people have had enough with the farce that is British Speedway. A rider that is no way near the top man in the league wins the riders championship?

The days of Stonehewer and Wilson in their pomp are a far cry away from what is currently on offer.

Aye those were the days :wink: Sadly gone now though. Think Ricky might have did ok at Glasgow or Berwick though or Newport :lol:

Aye those were the days :wink: Sadly gone now though. Think Ricky might have did ok at Glasgow or Berwick though or Newport :lol:

or newcastle or peterborough (neutral) or worky or somerset. seriously,although i do understand the neutral venue issue,i don't think ricky got the credit he desreves for stepping his game up to a level that i (someone who watches him every week) never thought he could attain.well done again ricky for proving me wrong ( i didn't think you had it in you) :shock:

or newcastle or peterborough (neutral) or worky or somerset. seriously,although i do understand the neutral venue issue,i don't think ricky got the credit he desreves for stepping his game up to a level that i (someone who watches him every week) never thought he could attain.well done again ricky for proving me wrong ( i didn't think you had it in you) :shock:

He was simply brilliant on the day, in fact he rode the meeting of his life. Nobody can ever take that away from him

To take this debate to the ultimate extreme, just give the thing to the rider with the highest average and have done with it. Then nobody can complain. After all what's the point in having the meeting if the aim is for the guy who is most consistent home and away all season to win it.

Well done Champ! Best man on the day!

Edited by Sparky from Sheffield