British Speedway Forum
paul84

The 2009 Premier League Riders' Championship

Dont think Ashworth is a out and out number 1, gone are the Sean Wilson/Andre Compton days (unless proved wrong ), so i will go with one of the following to be 2009 riders champion, Fisher,Doolan,Topinka or Lyons. Unless Rymel is in there after his performance last year he could be in with a chance.

Dont think Ashworth is a out and out number 1, gone are the Sean Wilson/Andre Compton days (unless proved wrong ), so i will go with one of the following to be 2009 riders champion, Fisher,Doolan,Topinka or Lyons. Unless Rymel is in there after his performance last year he could be in with a chance.

Fisher?????????? I think not!

Fisher?????????? I think not!

Got as big a shout as any of them... However, at Owlerton, i'd love to see THJ represent us... In my mind a very serious contender on the big open spaces of Owlerton...

Wouldn't discount any of the no.1's signed by the PL this year... Should be a very open contest...

Doubt Fisher would be up there, THJ would have a much better chance I think.

That said this is wide open, I wouldn't even like to predict the line-up at this stage, few teams have a few riders who could be their team's #1 by the time this meeting comes round.

Yes i guess your right Tigerblues, could be Rymel or Roynon for us! Mind you Topinka could do well for Lynn?

i think it would be wide open. Theres so many good riders and sheffield can be a hard track to ride. Topinka has never done really well there and Doolan was nothing to shout about at last years plrc so i think Rymel would be a better bet. I think it could be between Lyons or Parker personally.

i think it would be wide open. Theres so many good riders and sheffield can be a hard track to ride. Topinka has never done really well there and Doolan was nothing to shout about at last years plrc so i think Rymel would be a better bet. I think it could be between Lyons or Parker personally.

Tomas Topinka has a very good record at PLRC at Sheffield far better than his league performances at Sheffield, I don't know what happened with Kev Doolan at last season PLRC he was good for Lynn in the fixture but lousy in the PLRC.

Parker and Lyons have had up and down performances at Sheffield in the past. Personally I think Daniel Nermark and Andre Compton are in for good shouts :wink: :wink:

Edited by Van Helsing

Parker and Lyons have had up and down performances at Sheffield in the past. Personally I think Daniel Nermark and Andre Compton are in for good shouts :wink: :wink:

Trouble is that both Compton and Nermark don't have Premier League places.

If Ryan Fisher calms down abit i think he could have a good year and we could see him up there in the plrc

Trouble is that both Compton and Nermark don't have Premier League places.

There are only 14 teams in the league and if these 2 riders are not fixed up with team places before the season ends they could get the last 2 places in the line up (depends which teams have the highest average riders who miss out). :rolleyes::lol: :lol:

Sure if it is the unfashionable clubs then the powers that be will look at ways to stop the club having 2 representatives in the field.