British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

British U15 Championship 2009

I know many will think Im insane to bring up this subject in February :lol: , possibly better to mention it in late May :rolleyes:

However I was wondering if

a) there would be a championship this season

b ) with the rather small NL was any consideration being given to having more rounds as these meetings would imo be excellent fixture fillers, and give the youngsters more varied experience of different tracks.

c) how many rounds there were likely to be

d) possible entrants for the 2009 series

Edited by PhilK

I know many will think Im insane to bring up this subject in February :lol: , possibly better to mention it in late May :rolleyes:

b ) with the rather small NL was any consideration being given to having more rounds as these meetings would imo be excellent fixture fillers, and give the youngsters more varied experience of different tracks.

I can confirm, and am very pleased to announce, that Adam Kirby has joined the Nikko Racing stable from the 1st February (Joining existing riders Aaron and Mark Baseby) and we are looking at Adam racing in every round of the Under 15s this year.

Nikko

There are six rounds planned at the moment, the first at Scunthorpe on 2nd May, one on the 23rd May , 13th June at Weymouth, 25th July, 22nd August and 19th September. Other clubs invited to stage an event are Buxton, Stoke, and I think the other is Northside oh thats just five , so there must be another as well.

edited because of shocking grammar

Edited by Wildcat Willie

Are we allowed to announce this? :-) I was going to ask Graham Reeve first.

For what it's worth I assume Scunthorpe will have two entrants in the 500s with Kyle Howarth and Ashley Morris eligible whilst I suspect our mascot, Reece Downes, will have his first go in the 250s.

Edited by Scunny Stag

There are six rounds planned at the moment, the first at Scunthorpe on 2nd May, one on the 23rd May , 13th June at Weymouth, 25th July, 22nd August and 19th September. Other clubs invited to stage an event are Buxton, Stoke, and I think the other is Northside oh thats just five , so there must be another as well.

edited because of shocking grammar

Newport is the other one.

Thanks all, dates for the diary :approve:

There are six rounds planned at the moment, the first at Scunthorpe on 2nd May, one on the 23rd May [Newport] , 13th June at Weymouth, 25th July, 22nd August and 19th September. Other clubs invited to stage an event are Buxton, Stoke, and I think the other is Northside oh thats just five , so there must be another as well.

The sixth we've heard is Newport.. But there could yet be a magnificent seventh...!!?

There MAY be another venue (currently mothballed) coming back into the picture, which if it does has been possibly ear-marked for an U-15s round in '09.. :approve:

Watch this space...: should be news within the fortnight!!!! :wink:

Edited by Parsloes 1928 nearly

The sixth we've heard is Newport.. But there could yet be a magnificent seventh...!!?

There MAY be another venue (currently mothballed) coming back into the picture, which if it does has been possibly ear-marked for an U-15s round in '09.. :approve:

Watch this space...: should be news within the fortnight!!!! :wink:

Potentially excellent news Derek, seven rounds!!!! maybe when Mildenhall are sorted they may look to make it eight:approve:

Potentially excellent news Derek, seven rounds!!!! maybe when Mildenhall are sorted they may look to make it eight:approve:

And excellent to see that there are "earlier" season rounds this year.... :approve:

I do hope, personally, Marc Owen can compete in enuff rounds to get enuff points to win it.. After August his opportunities may get limited in the U15sC as he's going to VERY much in demand in the NL once he turns 15...!! :approve:

This is excellent news and is reminiscent of the early Chamionship series run by Peter Oakes.

Well done, and a big thanks to all the promoters who have committed to running a round of the Championship, and a series containing this number of rounds, sends out a message that British speeedway is taking youth speedway seriously. It shouldn't stop there however, since the sport needs to retain the riders, not let them go like a previous U15 Champion, namely Dan Greenwood.

Best of luck to all competitors and please support it well - no excuse this year for not knowing when the rounds are.

One final plea to riders, parents etc - just because you haven't made the grade at say 17, don't give up, there is still time!!!

Martin Widman

Good to see they might get the rounds sorted before the season starts and hopefully they tell everyone about it,

parsloes1928 why will marc owen be in demand he will only be able to ride for one team like all the others that are lucky enough to do the round and nl comittments, also i think most nl teams are hoping to get fixtures done in the sumer and not have loads of meetings in september. But i do agree he ll be one of the ones challenging for the title this and good luck to him and all that complete.

Good to see they might get the rounds sorted before the season starts and hopefully they tell everyone about it,

parsloes1928 why will marc owen be in demand he will only be able to ride for one team like all the others that are lucky enough to do the round and nl comittments, also i think most nl teams are hoping to get fixtures done in the sumer and not have loads of meetings in september. But i do agree he ll be one of the ones challenging for the title this and good luck to him and all that complete.

Well, a previous rider who like Marc had the U15 title 'nailed on' if he'd been able to ride in enough/all rounds was Brendan Johnson.. Once Bren got in a CL team (Oxford) he did miss U-15 rounds and as a result missed out on the title..

That was a big shame IMHO and would be ditto with Marc if that happenerd..

I do hope, personally, Marc Owen can compete in enuff rounds to get enuff points to win it.. After August his opportunities may get limited in the U15sC as he's going to VERY much in demand in the NL once he turns 15...!! :approve:

I thought he already "signed" for Rye House in the NL? :unsure: