British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

British U15 Championship 2009

I thought he already "signed" for Rye House in the NL? :unsure:

Marc has signed for none of the teams as yet, he is still only 14, has plenty of time and still cant sign a full contract until his 16th birthday and thats if he decides he wants a career as a speedway rider.

Quite glad I started this thread now :D

Its only early february and we have six known dates, at four known tracks, four riders in Owen, Kirby, Morris and Howarth taking part and maybe the potential for one or two more rounds to be added.

This could be the best year for the U15 Championship for some time :approve:

U15 Championship 2009

Adam Kirby

Marc Owen

Ashley Morris

Kyle Howarth

Any others please add

Edited by PhilK

500 cc Class:

I know Tom Stokes, Josh Birkett and Ben Morley are eligible.

I suspect Adam Portwood, Conor Dwyer, Jack Butler, Cameron Hoskins, Scott Lamb, Shane Hazelden, Daniel I'Anson and Lloyd Barrett are also still eligible (apologies to any of you who actually turned fifteen last year)

I think Jack Hirst and Tom Woolley are too old now

Then there are those I have no inkling as to their age but they competed last year: Daniel Sibson, Nathan Stoneman, Tyler Govier, Brandon Freemantle, Scott Gibbons, Joe Jacobs and Scott Day

250cc class:

I know Reece Downes, Jack Cornes, Robert Lambert, Matt Allitt and Darryl Ritchins are eligible and one or two of those named as eligible in the 500s might also compete.

It is great to see so many names and I'm sure there are others I've forgotten. Hopefully a bit of publicity for the series (and potential places in the British U-18 Final) will encourage riders to take part.

500 cc Class:

I know Tom Stokes, Josh Birkett and Ben Morley are eligible.

I suspect Adam Portwood, Conor Dwyer, Jack Butler, Cameron Hoskins, Scott Lamb, Shane Hazelden, Daniel I'Anson and Lloyd Barrett are also still eligible (apologies to any of you who actually turned fifteen last year)

Then there are those I have no inkling as to their age but they competed last year: Daniel Sibson, Nathan Stoneman, Tyler Govier, Brandon Freemantle, Scott Gibbons, Joe Jacobs and Scott Day

250cc class:

I know Reece Downes, Jack Cornes, Robert Lambert, Matt Allitt and Darryl Ritchins are eligible and one or two of those named as eligible in the 500s might also compete.

It is great to see so many names and I'm sure there are others I've forgotten. Hopefully a bit of publicity for the series (and potential places in the British U-18 Final) will encourage riders to take part.

Shane Hazelden is not eligible for U15 this year as he turned 15 last october

Shane Hazelden is not eligible for U15 this year as he turned 15 last october

Thanks Garry and sorry to Shane. I'm sure there will be others I got wrong but really I'm just trying to spark interest in the British youth championships :lol:

Talking of Tom, he's aleready three times a national champ at Under 15s level in any case: twice winner of the STUK Youth title and inaugural ACU British Junior Short Track champ too...!! :approve:

Here's a brief hot-off-the-presses news release from STUK re. Tom's plans for 2009:

2007 & '08 Junior Champion Tom Woolley, has been confirmed as a CCM factory team rider in 2009 and is expected to be part of a three man team with three-times STUK champion Marco Belli and Richard May in the Pozzani Silkolene Short Track UK Championships.

Tom who was honoured at the annual ACU Awards night in Northampton last month is over the moon at joining up with the CCM Team. The Burton-based youngster, who's ridden Speedway at his home county track of Buxton said,

"I would like to thank every one at CCM for giving me this opportunity. CCM invested in the youth classes which has helped me to get to this stage in my racing, I hope to repay them even more now by winning as many races as I can".

I reckon young Tom has an outstanding future ahead of him and his route so far is proof there's more than one way to the top. :approve: I wonder if the Hitmen have him in their plans at all for 2009..?? :unsure:

if i was a betting man my money would be on klye howarth ,

if any of you guys haven't seen him ride yet your in for a treat , he's a true racer who never give's up

ive had the pleasure following his very short ( so far ) speedway career , i think this lad will go far

i hope he does to because he's a cracking lad who is always happy & polite ,,, his dads ok too :wink:

Parsloes I have read your posts over the last 8 months and as you are a newbie in the area of youth speedway the majority of posts are acurate and good. However this is the second time you have incorrectly posted and falsley stated as to why Bren missed out on the title.

What I suggest you do is examine all the 07 rounds and results for the under 15's and hopefully you will realise that what you have stated is not true.

There were 2 qualifying rounds and a final round.

The best score from the 2 qualifying rounds was added to the score from the final round.

Bren already had a 1st ie 17 points from weymouth and James had a 1st at Northside so how could not going to northside have made it any worse for him.

These were the two favourites for the championship on that cold october night at Oxford for the final where as you correctly put Bren had been riding since June with Trump at Oxford.

Closer rivals were Dan and Rich who took 15 points to the final. The objective for these 4 riders was to make the Grand Final ie max the points in the 20 heats as the top scorer got 1st gate pick and the inside is where they all wanted to be.Bren got last pick on 12 points so had no gate choice.

He missed out on the title Not because he was riding conference for Oxford, Not because he didn't do all the rounds but he simply did not ride well enough to stamp his authority on the meeting and max the points for the gate pick in the final.

Don't accuse me of being a Bren hater quite the opposite in fact but the results and heats are there plain to see so get them correct please.

This is a time of free speach and all that crap which I am all for but to be honest some of you posters really do pile on the crap and we parents wonder why the hell we bother doing 30,000 miles a year, spend all our money on bikes and diesel to be told your son only won the under 15's title because of this utter rubbish posted by you.

had the U15 title 'nailed on' if he'd been able to ride in enough/all rounds was Brendan Johnson.. Once Bren got in a CL team (Oxford) he did miss U-15 rounds and as a result missed out on the title

How many times has Garrity 08 Champ been mentioned on this forum since he won the title ????.

Edited by morganbike

Many apologies for my mistake about the 2007 series, I accept that I was completely incorrect... :oops:

I do think - as I'm sure you do too... - that it was a shame that the '07 series hadn't been the more multi-round series that we'd seen in the previous couple of years; and, because I'd become friendly with Bren and his father, I was of course backing him to win it. But clearly Dan's victory wasn't just fully deserved, it was quite remarkable because that all-important final round was actually at Bren's (by then...) home league track of Oxford... :approve:

I saw Jason win the U-15 500cc title up at Hi Edge with as impressive a performance by a young (indeed any...) rider in fairly shocking conditions as one could ever see (indeed it was a truly remarkable and massively memorable performance :approve: ); and I for one have him marked down without doubt as a star of the future. As of course I do, Marc Owen who is quite outstanding.. :approve:

And add to that list your Dan - who I saw ride a lot, particularly at Rye House, last year.

I'm sure ALL of us on here sincerely hope young Dan returns to racing and please don't think that I or anyone else in any way demeans or belittles or underestimates the incredible financial and other efforts put in my youngsters like Dan and their parents in pursuing a Speedway career.

As I say, my unreserved apologies for a thoughtless remark and I wish you and your family all the very best.

Derek

Oh how i ve missed morganbike and his posts on here, I would like to say that this whole tread is speculation as no riders have had invite letters or anything yet but it does sound like it ll be a good series and i know there s at least 4-6 lads capable of winning it.

Ha Ha that told you Parsloes me old mucker!! You should have a read of the last post on this thread and read the thoughts of the riders involved.

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/ind...showtopic=45267 :rolleyes::lol:

WW - I love to see old Parsloes put his foot right in it. :P

Daniel Greenwood was a hugely deserving winner of the 2007 British Under 15 championship. And both James and Brendan were very magnanimous in defeat when I interviewed them that night.

A sad footnote is that this meeting is currently the last to have been held at Oxford. :sad:

All the best

Rob

All these big words ! I had to google them to get an understanding.

Parsloes an apology was not needed although much appreciated.

Edited by morganbike

WW - I love to see old Parsloes put his foot right in it. :P

And I love (NOT) to see you revert to your oh-so predictable school playground bullying ways... Why, WW makes an inane comment, so good old Rob steams in to join in...!! :mad:

Did I fact that I had already apologised mean zilch to you..? The debate had actually been about how good it was that the '09 championship will return to being a multi-round one. The main point about '07 was that it hadn't been..

I fully appreciate Dan's family would be a bit aggrieved at any comments about that championship, as their lad clearly won that title on merit over the two rounds and then final double-points round of that year. Being a father myself (something you Rob wouldn't know about...) I can feel for morganbike's pride in that great achievement AND his frustration about the barriers since (especially financial ones) which have suppressed Dan's development.

It really can't be good for the sport for our national champ at Under 15 level of '07 not to be going to the tapes in '09 so I'm sure we all hope that that situation changes for the better one day soon...

Ah, except you don't of course, Rob: you just want to make a few cheap and frankly pathetic jibes!! :neutral:

BTW, is it worth trawling through the BSF archives to find any occasions when, Rob, you've apologised (for example, over disgraceful slurs you've made in the past and repeated often about a very respected rider..)? :unsure: : er, no I didn't think it would be... :rolleyes: